CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked earlier today but no one answered me:(

Did Jessica always walk at least part of the way alone, or was that a one-time thing on Friday?

I think this is important, as if she always had a solo portion of her walk, then she may have been selected specifically. If not, she may have been a random victim, and if it had not been her, someone else would have been the victim.

Do we know? It was all very confusing to me...

I'm sure it's been covered by MSM clu, but I only saw it in the daily mail and that's not a trustworthy enough site to post for you. Sorry I don't have the details at hand.

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?

Not at all, when you've been here long enough it's hard not to miss.

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?

No .... you are definitely not alone :seeya: .....although I am awake much later than ever or even should be ... so perhaps it is sleep deprivation induced :what:

Here's the rule on sex offenders:

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Sorry. I certainly didn't mean to stick up to a RSO! The report was from Denver, I believe 26 miles away, and they didn't give the address. There were names posted here and I didn't think we were allowed to do that unless they were near the victim or named. That's what I thought, but obviously I was wrong. Again, sorry.

I asked earlier today but no one answered me:(

Did Jessica always walk at least part of the way alone, or was that a one-time thing on Friday?

I think this is important, as if she always had a solo portion of her walk, then she may have been selected specifically. If not, she may have been a random victim, and if it had not been her, someone else would have been the victim.

Do we know? It was all very confusing to me...

Its my understanding that this year she walked to the park alone. The distance is less than 3 blocks. Hope that helps.

Yes. In fact I believe LE did not use the word "dismembered", they used the word "incomplete" IIRC.
Yes, the words were "not intact". Odd choice. Incomplete would mean missing parts, but "not intact" could mean destroyed beyond identification, yet everything is still there.

In the timeline thread, there is an interview with the mother that said she started walking with friends this year. Last year her mom drove her. Previous years she took the bus, but then they started charging for the bus, hence mom drove last year.

Right, but did she always meet them at the park, walking there alone?Or did someone come to her house to walk with her most days?

Sorry. I certainly didn't mean to stick up to a RSO! The report was from Denver, I believe 26 miles away, and they didn't give the address. There were names posted here and I didn't think we were allowed to do that unless they were near the victim or named. That's what I thought, but obviously I was wrong. Again, sorry.

No apologies needed AW. I didn't know the rules now that they've changed myself. I did see where tricia ok'ed it on another thread but didn't know that they had been made official rules.

I hope they find who did this quickly though.

Nope........

Its my understanding that this year she walked to the park alone. The distance is less than 3 blocks. Hope that helps.

Thanks; if true, someone certainly could have learned her routine and knew when she would be alone on any given morning. Perhaps the perp took advantage of a long weekend, if he works, and decided this was the day.

Yes, the words were "not intact". Odd choice. Incomplete would mean missing parts, but "not intact" could mean destroyed beyond identification, yet everything is still there.

Ghostwheel backthread somewhere IIRC there is a post by a member who linked that they were still searching for body parts. I'm not sure on which page it's located.

I posted a link backthread too, earlier this evening and it was stated that DNA was used to ID her.

Just sharing what I remembered.

Have they cleared the older brother of the friend that JR used to walk to school with after she met up with them?

The only words used I heard were "not intact", though I missed today's presser.

Sarx, I had posted this am that if they had been unable to identity the body by today, I would be on that twilight zone train with you...and you know I am one of those it is what it looks like type as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne