CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish is was speculation but it is not.She was dismembered no matter how much we all hate knowing it.

Dated the 12th
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12/body-found-idd-as-jessica-ridgeway/

Police in Westminster said the dismembered body found in Pattridge Open Space Park is that of missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

Although MSM reported that the body was dismembered, the actual phrase used by LE was "not intact". So some are speculating that "not intact" could mean animal activity as opposed to being cut up by a killer. JMO

In any event, I think we can all agree that Jessica's body was not complete when found. But the means and manner of how her body came to be that way has not been confirmed by LE.

The confusion lies with determining how the body came to be 'not intact' vs not understanding the term itself. We're in the dark so far.

Im pretty sure if the NOT INTACT comment was made by LE, it doesnt mean dismembered by an animal.

Darcyline, the area is slightly desolate, but highway 93 is a pretty popular backway type route from the city of Golden over to Boulder and various communities in between. There are some nice homes along that highway.

I assume the area where those abandoned cement structures are would be a well known, go to place for local area teens looking for a thrill, a place to explore, drink beer break bottles kind of place, hence the graffiti and creepy video. I bet it has a lot of creepy legends, ghosts and what not. It is dark at night. I would be surprised if local police didnt frequently go through there looking for teen activity.

But it's just a few minutes from several metro cities. So somewhat desolate but not way off any main areas...

LE and MSM report Jessica's body was "not intact", and one article states "badly dismembered". It is perfectly all right to discuss this fact in this thread. As always, please be respectful, and use common sense when phrasing your comments.

Positive identification, however, was delayed until now because the body was badly dismembered and “not intact”, police said Thursday.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/jessica-ridgeway-body-officially-identified/

... just looking at possible ways to access that site

ridgewaybodysitenorthrotate2.jpg

You don't need an abduction ruse for a child.

You just grab them and go.

:cow:

LOL, tell the candy man or the lost puppy man, that. Yes, they can use force but that may draw unwanted attention. Many sks/sexual predators, such as BTK got more pleasure from the ruses & stalking/hunt than they did from the actual kill..
Usually a child will follow directions from a person of authority such as a security guard, LE, FF, etc., I had a reason for asking.

... just looking at possible ways to access that site

ridgewaybodysitenorthrotate.jpg

Where have you been? Ive been looking for you and your most helpful maps!
I appreciate them so much.

Otto, Do you know.....
Are streetlights on any of that stretch of road?
Anyone know a business near the school who
uses a vid camera?

Did anyone hear on HLN that after the remains were found, gender could not be determined? I could have sworn I heard it but can't remember. It was before she was identified.

Darcyline, the area is slightly desolate, but highway 93 is a pretty popular backway type route from the city of Golden over to Boulder and various communities in between. There are some nice homes along that highway.

I assume the area where those abandoned cement structures are would be a well known, go to place for local area teens looking for a thrill, a place to explore, drink beer break bottles kind of place, hence the graffiti and creepy video. I bet it has a lot of creepy legends, ghosts and what not. It is dark at night. I would be surprised if local police didnt frequently go through there looking for teen activity.

But it's just a few minutes from several metro cities. So somewhat desolate but not way off any main areas...

That answered my just posted question. Thank YOU and
:welcome3::Welcome1:

Also of interest, they picked a guy up on Wednesday in Colorado Springs, which is about an our south of Denver, for missing a court hearing. "Accused Flasher Arrested After Skipping Out On Court" His mug shot is identicle to the Arvada police sketch. The news station has taken his mug shot off their site, but the comments beneathe the article remain. Some people on Twitter were posting them side by side. I wonder why they took it down?

Interesting that so many people look simila to the police sketch!

Did anyone hear on HLN that after the remains were found, gender could not be determined? I could have sworn I heard it but can't remember. It was before she was identified.

I don't recall hearing that, but I don't watch HLN all the time. However, I wouldn't be surprised that they couldn't tell the sex if the body was as "badly dismembered" as is being reported. IMO when all the details come out this is going to be really ugly.

I apologise if it seems offensive, and I absolutely agree with the reservations regarding speculation, we don't officially know.

From a sleuthing point of view, I think the fact they resorted to DNA testing because they were unable to make identification any other way, speaks volumes.

I don't think we are out of bounds by coming to a conclusion based on that factor, that there were no fingerprints, nor dental ID. No dental ID implies no skull. No skull implies human intervention.

My opinion only.

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say regarding Jessica's abductor. Was he known/familiar to her, or a stranger? Was Jessica the target, or just unfortunately in the wrong place? Was this a planned abduction, or spur of the moment?

I think the abductor was unknown to Jessica, and had planned the abduction beforehand. I don't think poor little Jessica was the target, I think any little girl would have suited his purposes. I believe he has either done this before, or has fantasized about it down to the littlest detail. I don't see him as being very young, I'm thinking mid-30's to mid-40's. JMO

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Accused-Flasher-Skips-Out-On-Court-173632531.html?mobile=yes

"Accused Flasher Arrested After Skipping Out On Court"

"An accused flasher has been arrested after skipping out on court Wednesday, the district attorney's office confirms to 11 News.

Michael Hurd was arrested shortly after two warrants were issued for his arrest. 11 News has not learned where he was arrested.

This isn’t the first time police have charged Hurd with exposing himself to women.

We knew about cases here in Colorado Springs, but we have now learned of another case out of Monument."

More...

This RO was from msthinkalot from yesterday post #1149.I think this looks real good.Do you know who this guy is or at least where he was from or anything about him?

I found one that I thought looked very similar to the sketch. I'm not showing his name, because I don't want to be "witch-hunty"... but, to me, the resemblance is striking between this particular RSO and the "candyman".

(Please forgive my horrid photoshop skills... I couldn't find a larger pic of the RSO, and I couldn't find a smaller pic of the sketch!)
Attached Thumbnails

sexoffenderlistingwithdrawing_zpsf68d75fe.jpg
The eyes, I see a strong resemblance.
If you think about how a witness would describe a suspect to a sketch artist, clear completion, no lines or wrinkles, rounded eye brows, hair line, clear eyes...

I am confused about the area where the body was found. I keep seeing that it is where you would dump a body if you definitely wanted it found. However, it looks super desolate to me. If I was dumping something I definitely wanted to be found (some even speculated to taunt the community or parents) this is not a place I would choose. Is it a lot less desolate than it seems?

It seems like this strange combination of well-hid and not well-hid. I guess what will also affect that for me is if she was in a bag or blanket or anything.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. I feel like a more cautious wanting to remain hidden abductor would have made different decisions, but a taunting I want people to find her abductor would have also made different decisions. Maybe interrupted? Or the area has special meaning somehow? Or just plain we don't have all the details yet so we cannot form full theories.

:goodpost:

That picture of where she was found...it's so ugly and desolate.

It's like an insult.

What a terrible, terrible thing to do.

The guy on the bottom more resembles the sketch from the recent WY kidnapping.

The original is a deadringer for the sketch though, you did good!

Can't take any credit for this one, it was passed on to me by another member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21