CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have you been? Ive been looking for you and your most helpful maps!
I appreciate them so much.

Otto, Do you know.....
Are streetlights on any of that stretch of road?
Anyone know a business near the school who
uses a vid camera?

Most welcome ... I need them too. If someone has google earth (not I), change the lighting to night and see what happens ... we should be able to see if there are street lights.

I wonder if the perp drove to the large shack (in/behind), walked to the smaller shack, and then went to the culvert late Friday, or early Saturday ... then cleaned up, left the backpack in another neighborhood that looked quiet enough (and where there were lots of other unattended children), had something to eat, and carried on his way.

I suspect that the backpack was the last thing he got rid of, not the first. If caught with Jessica's backpack, he could easily claim that he found it and thought that it belonged to one of the many neighborhood children. He would have been careful to not have any other evidence connecting him to her disappearance. I think he assumed that he was free and clear ... not counting on the massive police search.

Did anyone hear on HLN that after the remains were found, gender could not be determined? I could have sworn I heard it but can't remember. It was before she was identified.

Was it on JVM or NG, there should be transcripts. It wouldn't surprise me...and confirms he was very clinical, imo.

LOL, tell the candy man or the lost puppy man, that. Yes, they can use force but that may draw unwanted attention. Many sks/sexual predators, such as BTK got more pleasure from the ruses & stalking/hunt than they did from the actual kill..
Usually a child will follow directions from a person of authority such as a security guard, LE, FF, etc., I had a reason for asking.

And Jessica's mom mentioned several times in the family interview that Jessica was always trying to help, wanted to be helpful, was her "little helper". I can see the abductor asking Jessica to help him in some way, and her wanting to help out. JMO

Here is the mug shot of the flasher picked up for skipping court...

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&q=accused+flasher+arrested+wednesday&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&bpcl=35277026&biw=1024&bih=644&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=eeV5UMTgJoexyQGhkYC4Dg#biv=i|7;d|EtHAtarSY_gaTM:"]accused flasher arrested wednesday - Google Search[/ame]

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say regarding Jessica's abductor. Was he known/familiar to her, or a stranger? Was Jessica the target, or just unfortunately in the wrong place? Was this a planned abduction, or spur of the moment?

I think the abductor was unknown to Jessica, and had planned the abduction beforehand. I don't think poor little Jessica was the target, I think any little girl would have suited his purposes. I believe he has either done this before, or has fantasized about it down to the littlest detail. I don't see him as being very young, I'm thinking mid-30's to mid-40's. JMO

IMO I don't feel he is very young either and I'm just guessing, but believe he has done this before, possible several times. He's upped the ante now though and is taunting and leaving clues for LE because he is proud of his work and possibly has hidden his previous victims and not received recognition. My mind keeps going back to the two Iowa cousins that disappeared and only their bikes and a purse were left behind. I wonder if they are not buried or just lying out somewhere within just of few miles from where they went missing. We could have a predator that takes menial jobs in different cities or travels with a construction job or the like.

I am confused about the area where the body was found. I keep seeing that it is where you would dump a body if you definitely wanted it found. However, it looks super desolate to me. If I was dumping something I definitely wanted to be found (some even speculated to taunt the community or parents) this is not a place I would choose. Is it a lot less desolate than it seems?

It seems like this strange combination of well-hid and not well-hid. I guess what will also affect that for me is if she was in a bag or blanket or anything.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. I feel like a more cautious wanting to remain hidden abductor would have made different decisions, but a taunting I want people to find her abductor would have also made different decisions. Maybe interrupted? Or the area has special meaning somehow? Or just plain we don't have all the details yet so we cannot form full theories.

Taking into consideration where the PB and her body was found....and with the speculation he was coming from the western mountain regions near there, what would be the most favored/likely routes? TIA

I'd be interested in hearing what everyone has to say regarding Jessica's abductor. Was he known/familiar to her, or a stranger? Was Jessica the target, or just unfortunately in the wrong place? Was this a planned abduction, or spur of the moment?

I think the abductor was unknown to Jessica, and had planned the abduction beforehand. I don't think poor little Jessica was the target, I think any little girl would have suited his purposes. I believe he has either done this before, or has fantasized about it down to the littlest detail. I don't see him as being very young, I'm thinking mid-30's to mid-40's. JMO

I agree with you. I get the feeling that he's done this before, but this time wanted to make sure that he gets the attention he thinks he deserves. Placing her remains in an area that they were sure to be found leads me to believe that he wants to terrorize the community and send a message to LE....i.e. "catch me if you can"

Also of interest, they picked a guy up on Wednesday in Colorado Springs, which is about an our south of Denver, for missing a court hearing. "Accused Flasher Arrested After Skipping Out On Court" His mug shot is identicle to the Arvada police sketch. The news station has taken his mug shot off their site, but the comments beneathe the article remain. Some people on Twitter were posting them side by side. I wonder why they took it down?

Interesting that so many people look simila to the police sketch!

Photo is still here http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Accused-Flasher-Skips-Out-On-Court-173632531.html?abc=dat73BT6

There have been several attempted abductions in Iowa and Nebraska over the past 90 days. Is it possible that this guy is a transient/worker heading west?

Friday, July 13th: Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, missing girls from Evansdale, IA still have not been found.

Thursday/Friday, Sept 14-15th: Three attempted abductions in Tilden, Nebraska.

Friday, Oct 5th: Jessica Ridgeway in Westminster, CO.

If you plot these points on the map it is nearly a straight line from East to West.

Could this guy be either a transient or someone who travels for work and is in an area for a scheduled amount of time and then is sent to the next city to complete work? Construction, home building, etc.

I think he must be the same man earlier children were reporting to police. I think these girls' witness accounts are very important. I think this guy was determined and at it for several weeks in the area. He may have used more than one car? I bet he will turn up in surveilance cameras before long!

There have been several attempted abductions in Iowa and Nebraska over the past 90 days. Is it possible that this guy is a transient/worker heading west?

Friday, July 13th: Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey, missing girls from Evansdale, IA still have not been found.

Thursday/Friday, Sept 14-15th: Three attempted abductions in Tilden, Nebraska.

Friday, Oct 5th: Jessica Ridgeway in Westminster, CO.

If you plot these points on the map it is nearly a straight line from East to West.

Could this guy be either a transient or someone who travels for work and is in an area for a scheduled amount of time and then is sent to the next city to complete work? Construction, home building, etc.

Thats what I'm thinking

Most welcome ... I need them too. If someone has google earth (not I), change the lighting to night and see what happens ... we should be able to see if there are street lights.

I wonder if the perp drove to the large shack (in/behind), walked to the smaller shack, and then went to the culvert late Friday, or early Saturday ... then cleaned up, left the backpack in another neighborhood that looked quiet enough (and where there were lots of other unattended children), had something to eat, and carried on his way.

I suspect that the backpack was the last thing he got rid of, not the first. If caught with Jessica's backpack, he could easily claim that he found it and thought that it belonged to one of the many neighborhood children. He would have been careful to not have any other evidence connecting him to her disappearance. I think he assumed that he was free and clear ... not counting on the massive police search.
Otto, that's exactly what I'm wondering too. Did the perp drive his auto to the larger shack? I wonder if he attacked her in one of the shacks? Did he hide the body there until dark? Then maybe placed it by the roadway late at night?
I'm also with you about placing the backpack. I think that was the last thing he did....dirty bast_____.
BTW-Im very impressed with this LE department.
all jmo

The eyes, I see a strong resemblance.
If you think about how a witness would describe a suspect to a sketch artist, clear completion, no lines or wrinkles, rounded eye brows, hair line, clear eyes...

That's what really drew me in first... his eyes. They look almost soft in the sketch, clear, not wrinkly, definitely not menacing at all. So when I came across this mugshot, I thought, wow... he, too, has that soft look. I don't even know if "soft" is the right word, but it stood out.

So it really makes me wonder what he did. I wouldn't look twice if I saw this guy on the street... in fact, he resembles a teacher from my kids' former school! :what:

Park Dietz, founder of the Threat Assessment Group of Newport Beach, Calif., said the type of person who would abduct and kill a child tends to be unsophisticated.

He said these people tend to be toothless and ugly, less educated and poor. They drive dilapidated vehicles, are impulsive and often have substance abuse problems. Having their way for a very short period with a child of interest to them is more valuable than the life of that child.

Clint Van Zandt, a retired FBI profiler, said most people fall victim to someone they know. Van Zandt said the number of children in the U.S. who are abducted and killed by people they don't know is only about 100 to 120 children per year.
BBM- Park Dietz has done some good work over the years, but his comment in bold is a little odd :waitasec:

:goodpost:

That picture of where she was found...it's so ugly and desolate.

It's like an insult.

What a terrible, terrible thing to do.

Interesting comment...shows how different people see things! Earlier today several posts were made about how beautiful the area is and asking if it is a frequent spot for photographers to take pictures of the scenery. Much of eastern Colorado looks like this, and many people in that state relish the open spaces and natural settings unblemished by concrete and wires and lights and signage in every direction.

jmo

The reason I think these two abductions might be related to little Jessica is I'm thinking Jessica's abductor and killer may have been going around to different school area's(They were all around elementary schools) and attempting to lure little girls into his car.Who ever would go.The attempted abductions were almost a month before Jessica came up missing.Also her body was found in Arvada and these attempted abductions happened in Arvada.

BBM- Park Dietz has done some good work over the years, but his comment in bold is a little odd :waitasec:

Well>>>>>>>>>>>>>what if they're not toothless and ugly?
I've seen photos of child killers that were not ugly at all. :waitasec:
Sorry, maybe Im a bit confused. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members