CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot help but wonder what are the circumstances concerning this attempted abduction of the 13 y.o. Why would the perp be sitting in broad daylight outside the boys home long enough for Mom to get the picture. Something just feels off. Will wait and see as thing unfold, but still something seems hinky....IMHO

I wondered about that as well,but then again,Jessica was taken in broad daylight,so who knows...

I am a bit skeptical myself about any of those things having a deeper meaning. But then I am often skeptical about reading into symbolism or statement analyses.

I think the theories are good, but I am not local so I really don't know if the location names are in such unusual places as to raise the possibility that they were picked because of the street names.

Can any locals chime in? Is that intersection so out of the way that the perp is likely to have chosen it JUST for the street names?

No, IMO it is just one of the last streets you can turn off on before you hit the fwy to get out of town if you are heading north (assuming from dumping the body). I'm not buying the street name connection.

GO MOM!!

Although I have to wonder WHY she was taking a picture of this guy. Did son come running in and say "That guy tried to steal me."? Need....more....info.....

Yes, that's what the news is saying.

The blue car pic from tonight's event seems to have those small windows as part of the back seat windows..... different from this one pictured.

Also, is that one of those things on the back of trunk lid... I don't know what they are called. I call them ironing boards.... I guess I date myself.

:floorlaugh: I love it! I'll think of that every time I see a spoiler on a car and it'll make me smile again! I know that wasn't your purpose, but I needed that giggle. Thanks :)

They're calling it a 2004 Kia Sephia on the 9News facebook page in the photo's comments

Well that's not good because if they're looking for the blue sedan in that photo, it's not a 2004 Kia Sephia. The windows and wheels don't match. At all. :(

According to the mother, the kid was motioned to by the guy with his hands to "come here" so the kid told his mother, and the mom started taking pictures, and the guy acted strange and tried to get out of there quick. There was no license plate on the car via local news. The mom was actually being interviewed.

Is it possible that someone can list out for me the locations/streets in every attempt or in JR's case? I have been seeing a lot of Quaker along with Common American Names in these events.

Live interview with the boys mom on fox31 news. She said he didn't have fear plates on car but looked right at her. Tonight's attempted abduction Golden Colorado...

The names of streets and places is certainly strange. Maybe this guy has picked up on the names connection (reading here perhaps?) and is just looking for his 15 minutes of infamy? Probably unlikely but I don't pretend to know how their minds work!

I also don't think you can assume a 13 year old boy is pubescent. I remember when I started high school there were 13 year olds that were boys who were 6 foot and could grow a better beard than my DH can at 32. There were also boys still under 5 foot who could pass for 8 year olds.

I DO think that the guy may be reading here. I was suspicious of all of the information that a new poster gave yesterday. They may just be a great profiler but it was certainly odd and I'm always suspicious of anyone who advocates for sex offenders.

I realise I am new too, but I'm from a different country all together and was drawn here after googling for information on Jillian Meagher.

Is it possible that someone can list out for me the locations/streets in every attempt or in JR's case? I have been seeing a lot of Quaker along with Common American Names in these events.

Another poster said there are a lot of streets with "Quaker" in them, as well as other common street names, that also have "avenues", "ways" etc. I believe.

I wonder ow many non-police are out searching for this car here in Colorado tonight? Even I want to jump in the car and go drive around up there!

I cannot help but wonder what are the circumstances concerning this attempted abduction of the 13 y.o. Why would the perp be sitting in broad daylight outside the boys home long enough for Mom to get the picture. Something just feels off. Will wait and see as thing unfold, but still something seems hinky....IMHO

The thing that seems OFF to me is that sunset is at 6:21 (I looked it up) and that's about the time we had the report of this happening (according to calls in the scanner thread).

The sky is awfully light (IMO - having always had a predominantly westward view) for that photo to represent that time. But maybe the lighting is very different in CO at sunset.

It looks to me like a Chevy Cobalt. If you squint your eyes you can see a spoiler on top on the trunk. Here's a pic of a 2009:

Attachments

• 2929250933u_1x424x360f.jpeg
    2929250933u_1x424x360f.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 299418_10151205598811077_1770907159_n.jpg
    299418_10151205598811077_1770907159_n.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 43
That makes me think she may well have been in the drain pipe; if so, then she was hidden, not left out on display as a so-called taunt, which I do not believe anyway.

It certainly looks like there's something going on with the drain, but it wouldn't have to be her body. I notice that you can see the red markers and so forth in that photo as well -- which makes it look like maybe he parked northbound and left evidence across the road as he carried her?

Attachments

• crime-scene.jpg
    crime-scene.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 98
My thoughts exactly. Every person in this state wants this killer hung from a tree, and now that we've seen his car, his days as free man are numbered.

I'm glad he's such an idiot that he got caught in a photo like this.

I'm mad as a wet cat right now, just furious.

But we don't know if the blue car guy is a killer at all. He may be trying to abduct boys, but we don't know that he has ever been successful doing so. I am furious as well, but we can't jump to conclusions that the guy is a killer. imo

The thing that seems OFF to me is that sunset is at 6:21 (I looked it up) and that's about the time we had the report of this happening (according to calls in the scanner thread).

The sky is awfully light (IMO - having always had a predominantly westward view) for that photo to represent that time. But maybe the lighting is very different in CO at sunset.

I don't imagine the news posted the story immediately? It could be 30 minutes after, and that makes a lot of difference with the sky. I know here (florida) it will say the sun sets at 7:30 but it doesn't get dark until around 8.

Don't know about Colorado, but Washington state is VERY different than, say, Arizona at sunset. There is a twilight there you don't get down south. Colorado is probably somewhere in the middle.

Def not a GEO metro...they were short little cars, think. Vw bug.

There was a little chunky GEO, and there was a bigger one. The early models were built at the same plant as the Toyota Corolla, and on the same chassis. The later ones were different. I think you might be right about the chunky one being the Metro, but I definitely remember the larger one. My niece drove one for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member