CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stash. Yes, that's the one. It was listed as 74 when I viewed the photo link. Evidently it was discussed earlier that it looked similar to the alleged abduction car, but I haven't been able to locate it in the thread.

I don't remember a discussion about that unless I skipped a few pages :waitasec: I do recall discussion about the car's make, though.

The color of the attempted abduction car appears to be a darker blue (again, at least from my computer) than the one in the picture I posted, but they were also taken by different cameras and in different lighting. I'm not sure how much that would affect the perceived color of the car, but FWIW, the cars do look very similar down to the wheel in the pic I posted.

imo, the rims and the trim along the lower body are different heights... and the color off slightly...

good eye though!

Here's both pics:

101312abductionattempt-carguy.jpg

101312b6.jpg

Thank you Cherie. I'm sorry I couldn't get pages to load so I didn't see the earlier discussion of it. I still can't find it. But I did manage to fix my page loading prob....I downloaded the . Thanks to whomever it was that suggested it :)

Do you want me to find the link for you? :seeya:
Please forgive my first post to you, I didnt mean to sound rude when I said scroll back. :blushing::floorlaugh:
Now I get it.....like you I couldnt scroll foward or back so my suggestion was nuts right? . lol

Here's both pics:

Thank you. The color of blue looks different, but then that could be because of lighting or cameras used. And I think what appears as damage to the rear driver's side door on the "Golden" car is possibly just a reflection. The wheels do appear that maybe they're different. But if you look closely at the memorial car, the wheels appear blurred, making me think that maybe the driver wasn't completely stopped. JMO

I have been blocked by the Motley Fool ad about Steve "Jobs' Final Vendetta" so much that I am beginning to wonder if his Final Vendetta was to take down WS or just aggravate me cuz I surely have been aggravated by that MF ad all day!!

Do you want me to find the link for you? :seeya:
Please forgive my first post to you, I didnt mean to sound rude when I said scroll back. :blushing::floorlaugh:
Now I get it.....like you I couldnt scroll foward or back so my suggestion was nuts right? . lol

Oh no problem at all Cherie. I just gave up on it cause I never could find it. I think we've probably covered it sufficiently now anyway. I do think they could be the same car. If you count the little triangular spaces on the wheel hubs there appears to be five on both cars. And actually the whole car on the memorial pic is slightly blurred which might make the wheels look different....I don't think the car was completely stopped. Again, jmo ;)

Totally agree, not much different than Nazi Germany tattooing Concentration Camp prisoners.

If parents choose and pay for it and a private company manages the program, that is an individual's choice. However, I would not be comfortable with any government owning this information and it's hardly a power granted to the Federal government in the Constitution.

Thank you.

If parents are allowed to file their children's DNA at any point during childhood, I believe that there should also be an easy, cost free way to have that sample and any information derived from it permanently destroyed if that person so chooses when they attain their majority.

The car in Golden had a big scratch/dent on the rear door. This one dosent.

I'm still not certain that's actually a scratch/dent. I thought the same thing at first, but then it also seems like it could be a reflection from the car in the driveway. Also, the car described in the previous attempted abductions is said to have damage on the passenger rear side of the car.

"Police described the car in September as possibly having dents on the passenger side rear door" <snipped from>
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21768316/attempted-abduction-13-year-old-reported-golden

ETA: In that case, the dents would not be visible in either photo from our viewpoint as they only show the driver's side of the car. The wheels do seem to be blurred in the memorial pic, and with further comparison they do seem to be different (thank you Cherie, alex, and red for pointing that out). I think we are all hypervigilant right now, and FWIW the memorial pic with that car is still freaking me out right now even with the color and wheel difference with the Golden car. It is possible that the driver of the Golden car was not trying to lure or abduct the 13 yr old, but could have been trying to ask for directions (the 13 yr old could have looked older than he is; my 12 yr old stepson definitely looks and acts older than he is).

How have they not found this car by now, if mom had time to take a photo of it, probably calling 911 at the same time?

No license plate, at least in the rear.

Dunno how many dark blue small cars there are out there but I'm guessing a lot since this guy could easily be from anywhere in the Denver metro area.

"Police described the car in September as possibly having dents on the passenger side rear door" <snipped from>
LOL, I'm such a fool- I've been thinking "but the suspected damage in that photo IS on the passenger side". Then I realised that our passenger side and drivers side are different to yours! Fool! I did know this, it just slipped my mind.

So what if the blue sedan from today is just some poor guy that was just passing by and some paranoid people misinterpreted him. And he's scared to death? Just a thought. I hope nobody takes law in own hands tonight.

The woman that took the picture was on the news talking about it, I can't find it online. She seemed to describe a deer in the headlights kind of, what are you looking at, stare from the guy in the car. Maybe a slow realization that he was being eyed and then took off. I wonder... Maybe he really didn't have a clue?

I wonder the same thing. Maybe he was looking for directions and had no bad intentions at all. Just didn't realise how on edge a lot of people in the area are right now.

In Iowa, at least two of the attempted abductions turned out to be misunderstandings after investigation by LE.

I think when people are on edge, they are more likely to see things through a sinister filter.

Just for comparison sake, I found a 98 Toyota Corolla that looks like it could be a match for either body style of the two pics we've been looking at. The wheels are different in this one however.

Attachments

• 98 corolla.jpg
    98 corolla.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 30
In the 9news report, the guy in the blue car GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND APPROACHED THE KID, and told him to get in the car! The kid ran in his house and got his mom. I don't think that's a hoax, a prank, or hysteria.

And yet he stayed right where he was long enough for mom to run out and take a picture?

He may well be guilty as can be.

However, last summer in Iowa, at least one report of an attempted abduction turned out to be a combination of a misunderstanding and some exaggeration on the part of the girl who reported it.

The guy went to LE as soon as he realised they were looking for him, he was thoroughly investigated and the girl's account kept morphing. I don't think she was trying to get a random stranger in trouble, I think she was young with an active imagination.

I don't know anything more about this incident than what has been posted to WS, so I could be totally wrong. I just don't know yet.

Think it may be a 1997 Toyota Corolla. I'm not an expert, but these look close.

20121013__car2~p1.jpg

Okay, that made me LOL.

Then I had to watch one of my fave NASCAR clips:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaZLW4GxVcs"]2007 Daytona 500 Crazy/Photo Finish - YouTube[/ame]

(in short, Clint Bowyer went across the 2007 Daytona finish line upside down and on fire; no humans were injured in the making of that video <snrk>)

LOL, I'm such a fool- I've been thinking "but the suspected damage in that photo IS on the passenger side". Then I realised that our passenger side and drivers side are different to yours! Fool! I did know this, it just slipped my mind.

Water spewed every where!! :floorlaugh: Sorry for the O/T, and I am not laughing at you, I would have thought the same thing if this were reversed (no pun intended). Gaw, this is why I normally lurk...I don't mean to be pun-ny; always unintentional. But thank you for the laugh, it was definitely needed, at least for me.

Fly with the angels baby girl.

I think that depends on how far from the fence Jessica's remains were found, how strong the perpetrator is and how much her remains weighed.

Also, I think there's a chance that he was hoping that a teenager would find the remains rather than an adult, so he may have wanted to leave it just far enough off the road not to be seen by an driver but in the likely path of someone going up to the buildings higher up on the hillside.

Not knowing the state of the remains, it's hard to speculate. LE hasn't said if they were wrapped or covered in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman