CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been monitoring the arrest records for Adams and Jefferson counties. Today there was an individual arrested who shares the name of one of the streets of the intersection where Jessica's backpack was found...

He is charged with 3 felonies (not listed). His bond is $50,000 for each one.

All of these records may mean nothing, but it's interesting for me to document then should one of them be related.

I'm catching up so apologies if this is repeat info but OMG this is frightening. I'm relieved he was found, whether or not it's the photographer guy... it sure is awfully coincidental on many levels. Freaking me out even more (BBM): http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news...cle_8b0216dd-ec11-5d36-b3ec-8ffd0f0f5188.html the statement here was made by FBI agent Dave Joly.

I mean I'm sure they work on more than one missing child case at once but... same FBI agent in both cases?

He's a PR guy in the Denver office. Denver covers part of Wyoming. So I don't know whether it's significant or not.

The Wy offender has strong links to Colorado, and we know he's transient.

What horrifies me is the Wy victim said his van had pictures of naked little girls everywhere.

<modsnip>

If so, that's a huge indicator for me that they might be involved in Jessica's death as I think there may be two offenders in her case.

Just my opinion.

:cow:

LE has told us that the Wyoming incident is NOT related to Jessica. If you are going to speculate in this direction - please provide links that indicate LE thinks there may be a connection and links that indicate there may be an accomplice.

We are gettting Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy off track here. Let's see the backup please and thanks.

Salem

OT: Now I'm freaking out. Here is another site that mentions JS- has articles he wrote a few years back about his backcountry hikes, etc, and includes pictures.

http://www.aroundcolorado.com/ (<-- JS is actually the creator of the site)

We took a break from camping a few years ago b/c I was always afraid of some ax-murderer running loose. Forget the bears and other wildlife, it's the crazy humans that scare me in the wilderness. Well, the kids have been wanting to go camping so just tonight - less than an hour ago, I ordered us a tent using our REI member discount. Then I read about good ol' JS out there in the wilderness. :what: (Granted, we'll be in the Shenandoahs, and not too much wilderness - much more populated with hikers than the large open spaces out west. But still...).

(ETA: I see that he has or had a wife, who gave him her REI discount to get a tent years ago... http://www.aroundcolorado.com/essays/index.html... :no:)

-----------
As soon as I saw his FB pictures I cringed! They are his type, the type Jessica was found next to. If he killed her I pray to God they find a way to connect him. He seems the type who would not have DNA on file. Now I'm off to google him. They said at the conference this was done by someone who knew how to dissect~:what:

I didn't hear or read this. Do you have a link? TIA.

I'm catching up so apologies if this is repeat info but OMG this is frightening. I'm relieved he was found, whether or not it's the photographer guy... it sure is awfully coincidental on many levels. Freaking me out even more (BBM): http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news...cle_8b0216dd-ec11-5d36-b3ec-8ffd0f0f5188.html the statement here was made by FBI agent Dave Joly.

I mean I'm sure they work on more than one missing child case at once but... same FBI agent in both cases?

very good catch. whether or not LE will admit, im sure they are trying to figure out if he is JR's perp. like i said earlier...10 hour drive...visits CO a lot. let trails online that he was going on a trip..didnt know where or for how long...

doesnt surprise me one bit the same FBI guy is working both...

ETA. I see Denver field office covers WY....so now it makes since ;)

Found this:

http://valval.pro.tc/CTC-Denver.html
Ctc-Geotek Inc company profile in Denver, CO. Our free company profile report
for Ctc-Geotek Inc includes business information such as contact, sales and. Newsletters are published quarterly. Photo courtesy of ©Jesse Speer. © 2012

Ctc-Geotek Inc 155 South Navajo Street, Denver, CO
(303) 698-1050 () &#8206; · ctcgeotek.com

That address is ca 19 miles, 29 minutes from Jessica Ridgeways home

Hey guys, there's a thread for the Wyoming abduction: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187167"]Found Alive WY - AMBER ALERT: 11 year Old, Cody, 8 October 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Most of this discussion would be more appropriate over there. I'm getting confused about which thread I'm in.

Is that the building #5 that the local poster "Zola" referred to? That it was special for some reason? I tried to look back, but it appears as if Zola has removed all the images from the photobucket they were linked from. :( I think it was in thread 4 near the beginning. Would have been helpful to compare.

The shack is here on Google Maps, about 600 ft east of where the body was found.

Is it just me? Did I just read some unnecessary snark?

OT: Now I'm freaking out. Here is another site that mentions JS- has articles he wrote a few years back about his backcountry hikes, etc, and includes pictures.

http://www.aroundcolorado.com/ (<-- JS is actually the creator of the site)

We took a break from camping a few years ago b/c I was always afraid of some ax-murderer running loose. Forget the bears and other wildlife, it's the crazy humans that scare me in the wilderness. Well, the kids have been wanting to go camping so just tonight - less than an hour ago, I ordered us a tent using our REI member discount. Then I read about good ol' JS out there in the wilderness. :what: (Granted, we'll be in the Shenandoahs, and not too much wilderness - much more populated with hikers than the large open spaces out west. But still...).

(ETA: I see that he has or had a wife, who gave him her REI discount to get a tent years ago... http://www.aroundcolorado.com/essays/index.html... :no:)

<modsnip>. Spooky!!!

Is it just me? Did I just read some unnecessary snark?

Not sure what you mean? But a mod asked us to keep the focus on Jessica until and unless LE states that they now believe there to be a connection with the case in Wyoming.

If JS isn't JR's murderer, the one thing that might make the real murderer angry is people speculating that JS is.

Can someone please give me a quick update? I heard that they arrested the guy in WY - no connection? Anyone know how they found him? Any other new updates on Jessica?

Also, any guesses why might LE decide to not tell us how the girl in WY got away? I would think that could be valuable information to share with the public to help others fight off abductors. TIA

Hey guys, there's a thread for the Wyoming abduction: Found Alive WY - AMBER ALERT: 11 year Old, Cody, 8 October 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Most of this discussion would be more appropriate over there. I'm getting confused about which thread I'm in.

To be honest, with all due respect, that thread is just like this one right now: exploring whether the same suspect is linked to JR and the Cody abduction.

The posts are very similar, and for good reason. The Cody suspect has ties to CO, said online he was going on vacation shortly before the crimes, the crimes occurred within 3 days of each other, and Cody is en route to his current home in Bozemon, Montana if headed back from Westminster/Arvada, CO. This is assuming it is the correct Jesse Paul Speer. I find it all very intriguing just to consider the idea the crimes could be linked.

There so much talk about DNA these days. I think that there should be a DNA profile done on every child that's born and put into a data base along with their finger prints and photo. I also think there should be chip embedded into every RSO so LE can track them better. Just the thought of what happened to Jessica sickens me. That poor little angel never had a chance to experience life. Prayers for Jessica and her loved ones.

I would fight any legislation to record a child's DNA and fingerprints without that person committing a crime.

So far as chips are concerned, I hope you're aware that the implantable ID chips only have a transmitting radius of a couple inches, at best. Those chips work because they are tiny radio antennas made to broadcast a preset number. The scanner that is used to detect them supplies the energy waves to make the chip broadcast the number.

The reason why the chips are so limited in range is that increasing the range runs into heat generation problems. As in, either the chip burns the area it is implanted into or the energy waves required to supply the energy to get the chip to broadcast burn the body they are pointed at.

Is there a way to find out if someone recently moved from Iowa to the Denver area? The coincidences between this case and Elizabeth and Lyric are really starting to bother me. Elizabeth and Jessica could be twins. Both Lyric's father and Jessica's father had court dates the day after their child was abducted (one criminal, one for custody), both abductions early on a Friday, Lyric & Jessica both had single moms that lived with grandma, all sets of families from a similar socioeconomic background, both abductions in quiet suburban area, etc.

I know there are also a lot of differences, but the similarities nag at me.

Maybe the 10am presser is to let people know they shouldn't let their guard down about Jessica's killer. But, I'll tell you, there sure are alot of coincidences. LE knows a heck of alot more than they're putting out, though. Maybe they are already on to something and it's not Speer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1