Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if guests at the ranch are allowed, per say, to have visitors?
Does the ranch keep track of the guests vehicles? Do they keep track of other vehicles if guests are allowed to have visitors?
Where is the parking?
Even though it is a week's long stay at that time, did some guests have a special where they didn't have to stay a full week?
Did anyone check out early?
Did anyone have visitors that left that day? Did any guests arrive that day? Any guests have friends that arrived that day?
Did any guests leave in their vehicles around the time period Joe went for his jog/run?
Did any guests see anything unusual, or anything at all?
I am in no way saying that a guest has anything to do with Joe's disappearance. These are valid questions.
Since nobody has answers to where Joe is, why he left, if he left on his own, if he left with someone, if there was an abduction, if there was a fall/accident, etc. Asking questions could narrow specific things down, or help eliminate, or add to evidence perhaps, if there is evidence that LE knows that we don't know.
Since there isn't much known about Joe and what happened and why, and where Joe is, this case is perplexing.
It really does seem like it is getting to be a cold case, unless, they definitely know more, but they don't want to compromise the investigation. Although, from MSM accounts, it seems like they don't have the answers, or do they have some answers? But still don't know where Joe is.
I know they have raised the reward to 50 thousand dollars.
Again, on these threads for missing people, I haven't seen a case where a reward has helped to solve a case.
Something happened to Joe.
Joe is somewhere.
Where are you, Joe?
IMOO.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conejos-County-Sheriffs-Office/1595594977375671

CONEJOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Sheriff Howard Galvez Jr.
Undersheriff Chris N. Crown

14044 CO RD G.5
Antonito, Colorado 81120
Post Office Box 37
Conejos, Colorado 81129 Phone: (719) 376-2196
Jail: (719) 376-6778

Date: August 18, 2015
15:00 p.m.
UPDATE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONEJOS COUNTY- Missing Cleveland teenager, Joe Keller.
We are continuing to check on all the leads that we have received and are still receiving but have not had any positive outcomes thus far. The report that we received on the black van that was in the Lodge area where Joe Keller disappeared is not the same van that had attempted to kidnap a teenager from Colorado Springs. The description of the two vans was not the same. Joe Keller has been entered into the missing and exploited children’s network and we are currently in the process of entering Joe Keller into the Wal-marts missing persons bulletin. Two investigators from the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office were here for 5 days, but have since left. There have been no new developments or leads in this investigation.
We will do an update pending any new information received or if any new leads develop. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Joe Keller please contact our office @ 719-376-2196. Please do not call into our dispatch center. They dispatch for multiple agencies and are being overly inundated with calls.
We understand the family’s frustration, and are doing everything humanly possible with so little information, that we have received so far.

Got to get back to work, so I will try to be brief, but: A user by the name of "R. I." on the Find Joe Keller FB has been leaving a series of posts, and he keeps mentioning that Joe and CG started their run at "Blackrock" or "Black Rock" (he uses both). He also says that Joe was boasting about beating his friends (he meant "friend," I assume) to the ranch. This person says he information is coming from an article by MSN, which I have been trying to find but to no avail.

One of CG's brother (TG) has left a couple of replies to this post: In the first reply, he doesn't say anything about RI's claim that Joe and CG began their run at Blackrock/Black Rock, which led me to believe that the information was correct (I also thought this was kind of a big deal because there have been multiple, differing descriptions of the route they were running; since the brother did not correct what this poster said, my thinking was that the brother agreed with what the poster said). However, in his second post, he mentions that to the best of his knowledge, Joe and CG's run started and ended at the ranch ....

I looked for a "Blackrock/Black Rock" near Antonio, CO, but the closest thing I have found so far is "Black Rock Hot Springs" trail, which is still 1.5 hours away from the ranch by car (it's located to the SE of the ranch, whereas La Jara Reservoir is located to the NW). The poster says the "Blackrock/Black Rock" that he is referring to is 18.9 miles from the ranch, so ....

Regardless, it no longer sounds like Joe and CG decided on a particular course, but rather, after the first quarter mile (assuming that information is accurate ...), they just split up (with CG taking a side path to look for a trail for later), while mutually understanding that they would meet up at the ranch. In fact, in one of the replies, TG explicitly states that Joe and his brother split up.

This, as far as I'm concerned, is somewhat of a game changer, because if they split up, rather than to have stayed on the same road, Joe could be anywhere. If we knew for sure that Joe had taken the same route as CG, it would make it at least easier to identify the area(s) to search.

I understand completely that news articles, unfortunately more often that not, contain in accurate information. My personal opinion, however, is that with this particular case, stories keep changing. That is, same people have told different stories, rather than multiple individuals describing the same thing in multiple different ways. And I really don't get that.

Got to get back to work, so I will try to be brief, but: A user by the name of "R. I." on the Find Joe Keller FB has been leaving a series of posts, and he keeps mentioning that Joe and CG started their run at "Blackrock" or "Black Rock" (he uses both). He also says that Joe was boasting about beating his friends (he meant "friend," I assume) to the ranch. This person says he information is coming from an article by MSN, which I have been trying to find but to no avail.

One of CG's brother (TG) has left a couple of replies to this post: In the first reply, he doesn't say anything about RI's claim that Joe and CG began their run at Blackrock/Black Rock, which led me to believe that the information was correct (I also thought this was kind of a big deal because there have been multiple, differing descriptions of the route they were running; since the brother did not correct what this poster said, my thinking was that the brother agreed with what the poster said). However, in his second post, he mentions that to the best of his knowledge, Joe and CG's run started and ended at the ranch ....

I looked for a "Blackrock/Black Rock" near Antonio, CO, but the closest thing I have found so far is "Black Rock Hot Springs" trail, which is still 1.5 hours away from the ranch by car (it's located to the SE of the ranch, whereas La Jara Reservoir is located to the NW). The poster says the "Blackrock/Black Rock" that he is referring to is 18.9 miles from the ranch, so ....

Regardless, it no longer sounds like Joe and CG decided on a particular course, but rather, after the first quarter mile (assuming that information is accurate ...), they just split up (with CG taking a side path to look for a trail for later), while mutually understanding that they would meet up at the ranch. In fact, in one of the replies, TG explicitly states that Joe and his brother split up.

This, as far as I'm concerned, is somewhat of a game changer, because if they split up, rather than to have stayed on the same road, Joe could be anywhere. If we knew for sure that Joe had taken the same route as CG, it would make it at least easier to identify the area(s) to search.

I understand completely that news articles, unfortunately more often that not, contain in accurate information. My personal opinion, however, is that with this particular case, stories keep changing. That is, same people have told different stories, rather than multiple individuals describing the same thing in multiple different ways. And I really don't get that.

This morning, I commented on an article that had the word boast in it, and it used the plural of the word, friend.
I deleted my comment after I posted it, because I saw that WS asterisks the link, so felt I needed to delete it, since WS doesn't apparently like that link. I did not read anything about Blackrock.

ETA:
I just found the article again, and that RI person did comment on the article in the comments section.

IMOO.

Or someone's phone pinged there.

Thank you so much for your post, Eileen730! I actually hadn't even thought about that :facepalm:! According to Google Maps, it's 1 hour and 41 minutes from RTR to La Jara Reservoir. In one of the posts left by CG's brother, TG, on the Find Joe Keller FB page earlier today, he says CG and CF waited for about an hour to see if Joe would return. He didn't, so they conducted their own search (though the brother also states, in a post left minutes before that one, that they waited for hours ...).

So, it would have been 6:30 PM when the friends first started looking for him. The brother says he isn't sure exactly what time LE were called, but according to CG, they "... arrived around midnight that evening ...," as reported in this article. . So that would have been 5.5 hours after the boys began their search (I do not remember ever reading whether it was just the two of them or others joined them as well).

Do all of those staying at RTR eat dinner at the same time, in the same dining hall? What time is dinner served? Were Joe and his friends planning on eating at the ranch that evening? Is it common for those staying at RTR to visit La Jara, especially in the evenings, when there are fewer activities? Finally, if there was a cell phone ping in the area of the reservoir, what time did it happen?

The thing is, is there even cell phone reception at LaJara Reservoir?
There isn't cell phone reception at the ranch.
There isn't cell phone reception where we were in the Platoro area.
IMOO.

Thanks for the clues! Found the article, and yes, as you said, WS doesn't allow that website. I didn't see anything about Blackrock, either ....

According to this page, it appears that if your service is through Verizon, then you get coverage at La Jara. For comparison purposes, I looked up Platoro Reservoir via the same page, and apparently, there is no reception. Or, the ping could have come from somewhere near La Jara, where reception is better regardless of carrier.

According to this page, it appears that if your service is through Verizon, then you get coverage at La Jara. For comparison purposes, I looked up Platoro Reservoir via the same page, and apparently, there is no reception. Or, the ping could have come from somewhere near La Jara, where reception is better regardless of carrier.

Thanks for the link and info! :)

It's all kinda fishy to me and I am not making any determinations until LE makes a statement but the friends look somewhat fishy to me. JMO Foul play for sure, but who is involved isn't clear.

Christian Fetzner was on face book at 8:04 pm July 23. So, they waited for at least a couple of hours. I, also believe foul play from a local is what happened. Alot was discovered about criminal activity in Antonito that has not been disclosed. Dig deep, its on the internet. I feel sorry for the young men CF N CG, people thinking they could be involved, i for one questioned if they was. Just take my word, they are innocent and victims, too.

Antonito is about 25 miles from the ranch. I thought it was 22 miles plus 3 miles to equal 25 miles.
Just because there is criminal activity 25 miles away doesn't mean that it was someone from Antonito.
It could be someone from Anywhere.
IMOO.

The thing is, is there even cell phone reception at LaJara Reservoir?
There isn't cell phone reception at the ranch.
There isn't cell phone reception where we were in the Platoro area.
IMOO.
U might not be able to call anyone or text but It might ping. I don't know.
Maybe they were searching the last area it pinged.

I'm sure the area is lovely but I have also dug up a lot of evidence of major drug activity and gangs in the area. I also think it is very strange that they waited so long to call LE when he was so far from home and alone. Heck, even if he was at home I would still be very concerned if he went for a run and didn't come back for 4 or 5 hours.

Something is very strange.

I also wonder if this was some type of hate crime. I see some photos where he is wearing very short and/or tight running shorts and it reminds me of this guy a few towns over from me who runs and rides his bike in tight spandex outfits and has been harassed a few times by people driving by yelling gay slurs. One time someone threw a milkshake at him while he was on his bike and he fell over and was badly hurt. The guy wasn't even gay as far as I know. Not that it matters.

I really don't want to sound insensitive but Joe is a very 'pretty' looking guy and I can see him being targeted in that way. It is just the world we live in sadly. These things do happen. It has been said Joe was running shirtless. I just think that was a bad idea in that area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required