CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nice picture of Kayleah came from which dad's fb? Step or Bio Dad?

I am not aware of any large events that would have attracted a large amount of visitors. You are right about the hotels. They are directly across the hwy from her apt and then on east towards the mall. I do not believe she would have been able to cross and walk thru parking lots, though, as there is a fence (albeit only about 3-4' high) running all the way down the south side of the hwy up to the off ramp to 23rd ave. She would've had to stay on the hwy up until then.

In my ventures around today, I was shocked at the lack of cameras. Even my 10 y/o dtr commented on it, as I had told her it was her job to spot them while I was driving, lol! There were two outside of the Hastings - across 23rd ave from the mall. The mall parking lot, I didn't see ANY except for a couple pointing towards the delivery doors (like the ones semi's would back into). Two of the apt complexes south of the mall "claimed" to have them . . . .

If Kayleah was carrying a present - that would be important info as to what it was - people could be on the look out for it.

Hope LE have checked on those who checked in to a room over the weekend and/or checked out early or just checked out.

Seems to me it's safe to look for people not usually in the area - someone not in the neighborhood. If Kayleah walked this route many times, what was different about Sunday? I thought the mall was having some special showing - maybe for the beginning of Spring. just thinking.

Are there forest preserves near by?

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/01/1851151/authorities-expand-search-for.html

Posted on Thu, Apr. 01, 2010 08:49 PM
By P. SOLOMON BANDA
Associated Press Writer

More than 20 police officers and FBI agents were searching Wednesday, March 30, 2010 for the 12-year-old Greeley, Colo. girl missing since Sunday, when she left home to go to a friend's birthday party. (AP Photo/National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)

Four days after a 12-year-old northern Colorado girl disappeared after leaving home to walk to a friend's birthday party, authorities expanded their search Thursday to include places she was known to frequent, including a music store, library and shopping mall.

this is so disturbing, how come there is not a lot of info on her...shes a just a child..

GREELEY, Colo. -- Greeley Police are looking for a 12-year-old girl who disappeared Sunday afternoon.

Kayleah Wilson was last seen at her home at 3:40 p.m. Sunday, when she left to walk to a friend's house for a birthday party. According to police Wilson never made it to the party.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23005256/detail.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Picture at link.
23005205_640X480.jpg

I am wondering if LE has investigated any of the men that might have contacted April on her MS page and that she might have met. From what I read she was almost inviting weirdo's.

hi Lilcat this is exactly what I thought as well when I saw her MS page....there doesnt appear to be many girl friends on there....but a lot of guys.....I noticed it as being strange as soon as looked at it......

If Kayleah was carrying a present - that would be important info as to what it was - people could be on the look out for it.

Are there forest preserves near by?

~ Respectfully snipped ~

No, there aren't any forest preserves or wooded areas around this area of Greeley.

Regarding the present -- I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about one. You'd think that would be an important piece of the puzzle. So, I'll assume she didn't have one. But then I have to wonder why we haven't heard anything else about this friend she was supposed to meet and where and what any of her friends may have said at the party regarding her not being there. Were they surprised? Did she maybe hint to one of them she may not go? Where was this party supposed to be?

I'm really confused on the lack of info. All we know is she left her house at 3:40 and was considered missing at 10pm. There are a WHOLE LOT of missing pieces here.

Please don't link in or post minors' Facebooks, Myspaces, personal info, etc except for Kayleah. Her info is being linked in and discussed because she's the victim in this case.

Thanks,
BeanE

I sure wish we'd hear something. I'm so worried about this little girl :(

i have not been able to find a myspace page for kayleah...is it still out there?

~ Respectfully snipped ~

No, there aren't any forest preserves or wooded areas around this area of Greeley.

Regarding the present -- I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about one. You'd think that would be an important piece of the puzzle. So, I'll assume she didn't have one. But then I have to wonder why we haven't heard anything else about this friend she was supposed to meet and where and what any of her friends may have said at the party regarding her not being there. Were they surprised? Did she maybe hint to one of them she may not go? Where was this party supposed to be?

I'm really confused on the lack of info. All we know is she left her house at 3:40 and was considered missing at 10pm. There are a WHOLE LOT of missing pieces here.

On the present, some tweeners give gift cards. ITA, it would be nice to have some answers to your questions.

Holy crap!!! SOmeone logged in on 3/31/2010 on her myspace...Was it her? CAlling LE now.

Holy crap!!! SOmeone logged in on 3/31/2010 on her myspace...Was it her?

Most likely LE. One of the first things they do is check out a missing persons online activity.

It's interesting to read the FB page from the X foster mom. I wonder where she is getting her info about the 17 yr old boyfriend?

Kaleah's MS page doesn't really show much, she didn't have many friends, writes stuff that an average 12 yr old would. Having tweens come through my house constantly the comment about the "stalker freak" isn't especially alarming either. Girls this age have a flair for the dramatic, I don't think it necessarily or even likely meant anything other than some boy that was annoying her in one way or another.

Holy crap!!! SOmeone logged in on 3/31/2010 on her myspace...Was it her?

COuld be her, or just about about anyone... investigators might have accessed it to see if there is any info in it like private emails or other private info she kept from prying eyes...

thanks for link...i noticed the 3/31 log-in too but assumed it was her mom? as the person who created the page shows herself to be 36, maybe that is her mother? yet it is surely Kayleah using that page, as she mentions middle school...
does mom have a new husband or BF? just wondering. And why media would dig up the ex-step father as though he would be a reliable source is beyond me.
She may have wanted to go to CA but doubt she was heading there on that Sunday afternoon...sounds like a really stupid assumption for Le to take seriously, unless they have other reasons to think that.
I want to know more about her homelife...obviously it was not especially stable, father in CA, at least one stepfather...

Her myspace appears that her mother may have made it for her. It has her mother's age and the same bands as her mother's myspace page. She really only has one friend that isn't a band on both of her myspace pages. If you click on her "view more" of her status it has him asking her to call him. Hopefully LE is looking into questioning him along with the "alleged stalker" she mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3