CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't take any clothing or belongings with her as if she was leaving to runaway.

She did take her inhaler for her asthma, and LE would like info on anyone who sees it. (Showed picture)

She definitely left the house.

There are more recent pictures now released - her appearance has changed from pics previously released.

Would not answer a question by reporter: "have you confirmed that there was actually a birthday party?"

family is very cooperative. I can't hear the questions to make sense of the answers.

Thanking the media for their help.

Here are a few notes that stood out to me while listening.... These aren't direct word for word quotes 'cause i couldn't type that fast... if i got anything wrong, or wording can be changed to be more accurate, please let me know!

From the way the SAC is discussing the case, it doesn't sound like they are assuming this is not an abduction... he said they are "assuming the worst" because that's how they need to proceed. (To this, I say- Good!) Greeley PD- comments that it is very, very rare to have a confirmed abduction in Greeley... SAC says, "any child of tender years" who goes missing, we assume the worst, and do everything needed under that.
Team Adam is there assisting.

SAC) we are confident that she's not WITH her dad, but have not "washed out" the idea that she left on her own... We have no information that she had any additional clothing etc. with her

Reporter) When was she last seen
SAC) Confident that she left the house on Sun...
Reporter) How do you know that?
SAC)Her mother saw her leave- anything beyond that, relates to this investigation, so we don't want to release that.
GPD)Not to be obstructionist, we just want to keep some things in the investigation at this point.
R) were there any problems in the home that would lead to her wanting to run away?
SAC) Nothing that we can talk about today

Additional Pressers will be at 2pm daily, if any new info...

I'm going to backtrack on my statement that based on evidence gathering at the house, that LE thinks a crime was commited there.

I think they collected the evidence from the apartment in case they find out later that a crime was commited there.

Showed picture of red asthma inhaler - telling public if they see one like it it in the street or anywhere, to please report it.

Tonight will be night 6 Kayleah is missing!

I thought I heard them say they didn't think she left on her own ??? I saw some other posts, was I wrong?

Wow, WSers are great! I took notes on the PC and you all hit all the points. All of you at work got everything :) from the posts here.

To protect her if they think they know, or do know, who it is, in case they're violent, unpredictable, they have them in their sights, etc. are some reasons I think.

I can understand that -- I guess what I'm wanting is to hear confirmation there was a party and there was a friend waiting for her. Especially regarding the friend, wouldn't it be good to know where Kayleah was supposed to be going so people in the immediate area can be more alert?

I thought I heard them say they didn't think she left on her own ??? I saw some other posts, was I wrong?

I agree this has been very confusing!!

It sounded to me like, in the presser the SAC said they are certain she's not with dad... but they haven't been able to totally rule out that she left on her own...

IMO- they couldn't totally rule that out unless they find some concrete evidence of foul play... To me, it sounds like they are saying, in legalese, that they do not think she ran away --JMO

She looks ALOT older than 12.

In the new pics, she is wearing makeup... and in the ones of her in the hat, she definitely looks more like 14 or 15 to me. The original one they've been showing around looks like her school ID photo from the beginning of the school year- IMO

Can anyone tell what she is holding up in the middle photo? She's got something in each hand that looks like presents? She's holding the wrapping and on one hand looks like a glove? In the other, a shirt???? Can anyone make it out better?:waitasec:

TIA!

ETA: Ok, on the original news-report of K missing, the photo they have posted (in the green shirt) is listed as "--- middle school yearbook photo"... I don't know about their district, but in all the ones I've worked in, the yearbook comes out at the end of the year.... and contains photos from the beginning of the year... So- It could be that the photo they have been circulating, is actually from the beginning of LAST school year. *Sigh* (At best, I think the photo is at least 7 months old, taken at the beginning of this school year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee