CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any history on Greeley? Just trying to understand why the area of say 3rd St up to 8 th st have homes with only 1 bedroom on tiny lots. real tiny like .16 of an acre. Some of the houses dating back to the late 1800's. But so many with only 1 bedroom. I was looking at them on Trulia. These places all sold high in 2004 and now are being given away. Is it normal for small western towns to have homes so small from years gone by?

Does anyone know any history on Greeley? Just trying to understand why the area of say 3rd St up to 8 th st have homes with only 1 bedroom on tiny lots. real tiny like .16 of an acre. Some of the houses dating back to the late 1800's. But so many with only 1 bedroom. I was looking at them on Trulia. These places all sold high in 2004 and now are being given away. Is it normal for small western towns to have homes so small from years gone by?

Maybe a mining town in the past?

Hi everyone, just went through the entire thread about this case.
Somehow, seeing the more recent pictures of Kayleah gave me new feelings. She does look a lot more adult than the first pics. It seems to me more possible that she did run away, and having the 17 yo BF does not seem too far fetched - not right by any means, just that the age gap does not seem so broad ( I am not talking about MENTALLY - a 12 yo is far too immature mentally to be with a 17 year old).
I am thinking that someone picked her up from her home.
I get the feeling she is alive. Sometimes I just get gut feelings, no other real hint jumps out at me.
She may have been hanging out with folks a lot older that her, unbeknown to her Mom.
Let me just pray my "feelings" are correct.

I have those gut feelings as well. I think it's the boyfriend that gives me the heeby jeebies. If anyone knows if she is alive he would know. I mean - If she ran away I bet money that he knows where she is. If he doesn't have a clue then I would start getting worried.

Union Colony
Main article: Union Colony of Colorado
The Union Colony Civic Center in downtown.

Greeley began as the Union Colony, which was founded in 1869 as an experimental utopian community "based on temperance, religion, agriculture, education and family values."[8] by Nathan C. Meeker, a newspaper reporter from New York City. Meeker purchased a site at the confluence of the Cache la Poudre and South Platte Rivers (that included the area of Latham, an Overland Trail station), halfway between Cheyenne and Denver along the tracks of the Denver Pacific Railroad formerly known as the "Island Grove Ranch." The name Union Colony was later changed to Greeley in honor of Horace Greeley, who was Meeker's editor at the New York Tribune, and popularized the phrase "Go West, young man".[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeley,_Colorado

didn't the mother say she saw her leave?

this town is 30 sq miles. what does the town have? parks, rivers, forests, jogging trails, what remote places does it have. is there alot of outsiders coming thru the town? who would pass through there? are there any SO who are on the run that might travel through there? Any just released from prison?
what goes on on Sunday? esp Palm Sunday

Greeley does have several parks. When the town was first started it was required for neighborhoods that were built to incorporate a park within each subdivision. Picture a few city blocks covered with green grass, a playground in a sandy area, benches, picnic tables and shelters, and trees. Most parks are don't have "hiding places" other than big giant blue spruce trees that you could hide under. The south platte river does run through the outskirts of town- it isn't a very populated river or used for watersports really. No forests- it is flat and farming land on the outside of town and pretty much all built up in town now. I wouldn't really say that many outsiders would travel through Greeley. There is Highway 85 that runs north to south that runs through the very east side of Greeley. It passes through most of the small towns and isn't really the choice highway for taking if you want to get somewhere fast as most of the smaller towns have a speed limit reduction as you drive through. I-25 is about 15 miles to the west of Greeley and is very heavily traveled. Highway 34 does connect to I-25 and is the highway that Kayleah would have crossed under/over at some point if she did make it to the apartments on 30th Street. Remote hangouts would be driving on the back county roads which there are several of and the old missle silo park west of town. I tried to think of where I would get rid of a body in a hurry earlier if I was starting at the apartments on 30th street. The easiest and quickest choices would be the dumpsters by the apartments, maybe driving to the south platte river overpass on highway 85- but still hard to stop quick and toss someone over- (sorry for the bluntness), or driving out onto the back dirt county roads and finding an irrigation ditch or drainage tunnel and putting it there. Possibly a drive to the mountains about an hour west but that would require some planning and honestly much of the mountains are still snowpacked and unless you really know the mountains and spend a lot of time there it would be pretty hard right now to get to the more secluded areas without proper equipement.

So there is my 2 cents worth...

kai,
thanks for your great descriptive on this area of Colorado neighborhoods. My own neices (all five of them.. bless their precious hearts) are spread out between boulder and Greeley in equally similar neighborhoods. My husband and I have always been impressed with the way that Colorado bones up not only their parks (to include awesome summer spray parks) but also their indoor swimming places with lazy rivers, etc. They truly go above and beyond to provide services for kids!

Again, thanks Kai! Colorado is truly a wonderful state to raise children. The mountains call me home every single time!

(((rest of this post I am sitting on hands.. )))

Thanks kai.
has anyone called in the fact that someone from that 'f- school site, told kayleah to call and left a number on her site?

Ohh Ooh I can answer this lol. I live in a small western town, and we have some really tiny houses here as well. Back in the day, the mines (and the railroad) owned everything. They people rented their houses from them, and spent their checks in stores the mines also owned. Needless to say, the mine owners weren't interested in giving these people stately homes. I think Greeley has always been more agriculture than mineral, but they do have trains.
Greeley has the Monfort plant, which will turn you into a vegan if you ever speak to someone who works there. A few years ago, INS raided Monfort and it was big news because when they hauled in the illegals, a lot of children were left without parents. In the late summer, Greeley smells like onions. Greeley has a great summer bash in Stampede Days. http://www.greeleystampede.org/ Greeley is the biggest town in the area, surrounded by a lot of other small farming towns. People from SE Wyoming go there to shop, go to the doctors, etc. It's not a place one would really go to on vacation, like Vail or Estes Park and it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere. You really wouldn't just happen upon Greeley if it wasn't your destination. People in Greeley go to Ft Collins quite a bit even though it may seem far to people not familiar with the area. I'm no expert on Greeley- I just went there a lot to visit my foster daughter and ex DIL-but that's my take on the town.

Respectfully snipped and BBM :)

. It's not a place one would really go to on vacation, like Vail or Estes Park and it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere. You really wouldn't just happen upon Greeley if it wasn't your destination. QUOTE]

Yes this.

Unless you have a reason to be there, you just wouldn't pick Greeley as the "place" to go.

goodnight everyone. Cannot help but shake the feeling that Kayleah is on the bad side of something or someone.

I pray she comes home soon...

Just chiming in from Texas....following this case closely....have daughters. From reading all.....I have already gotten physically sick over her disappearance. I don't think a 12 year old girl-no matter how mature she thinks she is-could not contact her family so long because she would miss them so much. I am absolutely sick over this. If she is afraid to contact anyone out of fear then we need to pray for her to get the strength to do that-or escape her ???(situation, abductor, boyfriend, new friend, etc.) Please pray for her-hard. Sorry for the emotional outburst....Miracles can happen.

someone (please forgive me I forget!) just brought up on her forensic astrology thread the following: why didn't the friend call her in missing earlier if she didn''t show up to the party.

Just passing it on. I personally thing that by the time the birthday girl recogized it Kayleah's mom was all over it calling to see where she was. (estimation on my part which I reserve the right to take back.. after all of these cases turning out the way that they do)

A few of my wandering thoughts from this evening:

I think since the police set up the roadblock/questioning station tonight near the apartments on 30th Street- that for whatever reason they believe that Kayleah at least made it there. (or close to it)

28th Street or 23rd Avenue would have been just as easy to block off and question people that were closer to Kayleah's home.

I think tonight was a great night to stop people in that neighborhood as it is a Friday night=party night/alcohol... People might be a little more loose with the lips on the weekend late at night. The more people who are questioned could mean the one person knowing about her missing and hearing the right thing at the right time tonight.

I hope they stop people again on Sunday afternoon/early evening as well. There may be parents returning children from custodial visits etc... and also relatives coming and going for Easter who have access to homes/relatives that they might not normally see on a regular basis. I think Sunday would be a great opportunity to see who might be in that neighborhood who may have been last Sunday as well.

I think it is *interesting* that they are not asking for the public's help to search other than to look for the inhaler.

I think it is *interesting* that with Spring Break coming up this next week that the police have not asked parents to find adequate supervision for their children who won't be in school. They aren't telling parents to keep kids supervised or inside and not roaming around town. This makes me think that they suspect Kayleah is missing due to a personal issue (someone who knew her personally) and not some serial killer mass murderer thing. JMO

the facebook FIND Kayleah site looks like its trying to get folks together to do some searching.

I think with at least 50 FBI involved and the road side check it is a lot more serious than a personal issue. moo

I think with at least 50 FBI involved and the road side check it is a lot more serious than a personal issue. moo

Sorry wrong wording. I mean personal in the sense of someone who knew her personally. JMO.

Another issue i would like to know is looking out her second story window what can she see or who can see her. whats across the street from their place.

The big FBI response is confusing to me; that they are so heavily involved, if the # reported is correct, leans toward foul play of some sort...but not warning the community especially with spring break ahead, tends to lean toward, as above poster indicated, that there is not a general danger.
But then the checkpoint thing makes it look like they don't really know what they are looking for, in which case how do they know it is not random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman