CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for a possible reason Kayleah did not have a gift to give for the party may be as simple as there really wasn't any extra money for her family to afford a gift to bring. When a friend of my daughter's wasn't going to come to her party because the family could not afford a gift, my daughter insisted she come without a gift. My daughter told her that she did not invite her because she wanted a gift, she just wanted her friend to come and celebrate her birthday with her.

Horray for that thought! Kayleah doesn't have a cell phone and the family has no car - it could very well be as simple as there was NO money for a gift. Or, maybe she went in with another young person on the gift - there could be a gazillion reasons for not carrying a present. MOO

i only brought up gift again as someone mentioned above that maybe that is why she went to the mall-so i wondered if a gift was ever clarified-i am feeling attacked about this gift-thing :(

i only brought up gift again as someone mentioned above that maybe that is why she went to the mall-so i wondered if a gift was ever clarified-i am feeling attacked about this gift-thing :(

Please don't feel attacked - I never read your comment about the gift but I do think it's very possible Kayleah didn't have the money for one. Also, she was seen at the mall - so maybe Kayleah was going to look for something. We have no idea of anything yet!

On another topic, did anyone get a feeling from press conference which way LE is leaning at all? Did it seem as though they were addressing Kayleah? (my audio does not work on laptop so cannot listen to links posted...:) or just covering all possibilities?

Don't feel attacked LOL I too would assume a 12 year old going to a party would likely be carrying a gift. Back in "my day" kids always brought a gift to a friend's birthday party. Of course, I understand there are circumstances where that might not be the case (such as going in w/ someone else on one, or not being able to afford one but going to the party anyway). But the point is, one's first thought would still normally be "was she carrying a gift" upon hearing a child was on the way to a birthday party :-)

I posted something at the same time as greeneyedgirl did. I can totally understand how that alone would make you feel attacked. The topic has come up before, and there has been lots of question around it. We're all on the same side when it comes to sleuthing. :D

Everyone needs to remember on the web that without voice inflection words can really take on lots of meanings that may not have been intended. I don't think anyone was attacking, course it may be that I have just learned to tune it out over the years. Either way, grayjay is right, we are on here for the same reason.

Kayleahs case is on HLN right now

saying it has been confirmed she was outside of Greely Mall, when she was supposed to be at birthday party,

2 Confirmed sightings of her outside the mall ... Looks like that was it :(

so it changes timeline of when she was last seen.

I am having such a hard time believeing that if she ran away somebody hasn't freaked out from the pressure and turned turtle....these are kids for crying out loud ....

So, it sounds like they can place her at the mall. I'm hoping she ran into a friend and is somewhere safe too afraid to come home. Praying she comes home soon.

Being at the mall changes a lot of things. I would also guess that it means she wasn't so much running away as running to (someone).

If there is a male involved and he is older (likely not the same 17 yr old they talked to) then it would certainly explain why her friends may not be saying anything, they may not know.

It was stated that she spent a lot of time at the library. What if any restrictions are there on the computers there?

The library is good cover up....I think that was her excuse to get out of the house to see someone.

Two sightings of Kaleah outside the mall - how does that change anything except the time she was last seen? Maybe it's in our nature to hope a 12yo ran away and is safe - but I don't think so. Remember, it wasn't until late last Tuesday that LE even considered that she might NOT be a runaway. That gave her almost 3 days to let someone know she was safe. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop