CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i imagine those sightings must have been more definite than they came across on NG's show, if LE put any stock into them. And maybe they are backed up by video of some sort.
I agree that not all 12-yr olds have cell phones. I think my nieces had to be teenagers or a certain age anyway. But then again, they were not walking around alone and would not have been allowed to cross a highway (although they may have done such a thing without permission.) Still, at that time of day, it should not have been a big deal and it was a familar area.
Anyway I still think she met up with someone she knew or had arranged to meet...looking at library computers a good idea if she really spent time there and didn't just say she did...
I think what Mark K. was trying to say about the older BF was that she was exposed to a segment of older teen population that she should not have been at her age and that in itself presents possibility of danger...another boy may have has his eye on her...or a group of boys. And she may have been flattered.

I think the time that was posted is what is confusing people~ :) I think it is Kayleah at 21 seconds into the video and "M" at 1:21 into the video.

Carry on...Back to my hole.

I think the time that was posted is what is confusing people~ :) I think it is Kayleah at 21 seconds into the video and "M" at 1:21 into the video.

Carry on...Back to my hole.

Thanks, Kai!!!! You are absolutely right!! Kayleah is the girl without the hat in the beginning of the video (acting very much like a 12 year old, I'm happy to see!).

What age is safe to let your child out?
I think it all depends on the circumstances. When I was Kayleah's age, I walked home from school (about a mile) and usually with a friend or two, but it was a much safer area than the busy highway she'd cross to get to her friend's house, and going to the mall on my own was something I'd never be allowed to do. In fact the nearest store wasn't even within easy walking distance to begin with! MOO

If you click on the person that up loaded the video it takes you to her site with other videos of Kayleah and AW. So I think it is someone that knows family.(scroll through videos)

http://www.youtube.com/user/charlisav#p/u/9/ExeUP1WAA2g

There are also videos of Shantina Smiley (missing in Washington) and Sandra Cantu on his/her channel. Not sure that we can connect the dots to knowing the family yet.

So how would we go about trying to find out if Kayleah was using a different name, for a different account online ? Say from the libary ? Any suggestions

There are also videos of Shantina Smiley (missing in Washington) and Sandra Cantu on his/her channel. Not sure that we can connect the dots to knowing the family yet.

I should have worded that different. Thank you for pointing that out.

at most libraries you have to sign in to use a computer and they give you a specific one...so if they do that in Greeley, they should be able to look at the one(s) she used and go by the time she was signed in. Here in ABQ they are very strict about computer use at library and I think most are post-9/11

So how would we go about trying to find out if Kayleah was using a different name, for a different account online ? Say from the libary ? Any suggestions

The only way would be to look at computers that she used (most libraries make you "sign out" a computer and sit at the one you signed up to use). Then, it would be a matter of sifting through tons of info and seeing if a name, chat, email, etc. could be linked based on info that she gave. Most kids usually have a hobby or something that they love that, even if they change names, age, etc., will run through their conversations. It would take a lot of time and effort. Another possibility: if she linked a "new" account with a known account (like, gave a known aol email address as a backup address for a new yahoo account).

I think it all depends on the circumstances. When I was Kayleah's age, I walked home from school (about a mile) and usually with a friend or two, but it was a much safer area than the busy highway she'd cross to get to her friend's house, and going to the mall on my own was something I'd never be allowed to do. In fact the nearest store wasn't even within easy walking distance to begin with! MOO
OT/
Well, I'm no spring chicken but in my time we went everywhere alone...there had been several flashing incidents I can recall as well as stalking incidents. Not good. All women need to be extra careful at all times, look at Susan Powell! But of course I go everywhere alone now. But at night I am rarely out alone. My son is 15 now, and I let him ride his bike in the area. I waited until he was big enough in size and he can defend himself when out alone.

I sent a tip in or should I say suggestion about the computers at the libary, that maybe they should check there....

I would think they could break it down by the times and dates she used the computer at the libary, that is if she used them at all ...

It would not surprise me at all if the FBI have already looked at the library computers (actually, I would be very surprised if they hadn't). There are reasons they have for believing she left on her own, this may be a large part of why. It is also likely that they would not disclose that information to the media as they might be able to track them down.

looking at a MS page that might be Kayleah's brother and it has her as a friend but when you click on it, it is a mesage from her father about Kayleah being missing...but the person whose page it is, lists himself as 20...confusing...has anyone seen that?

Do you have to use your library card to check out a computer? It's been a while since I went to a library but if you had to use your card it would make it easier to track.

I just got off the phone with Dave Joly from the Denver FBI, he says at this hour more than 300 leads have come in on this case. Earlier today the FBI announced a reward up to $10,000 for any information leading to Kayleah. Joly also says they have two credible witnesses who reported seeing Kayleah around 4:15 p.m. at the Greeley mall last Sunday. Right now the command post to find Kayleah runs from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., but if leads come in after the normal hours, investigators will follow up with them immediately. Joly says agents did a search of Kayleah’s mother’s home, “We did a forensic search of the house, went into the home with the consent of the homeowner – we collected DNA samples we felt were Kalyeha’s, and collected DNA samples from everyone in the residence.”

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/04/kayleah-wilson-update-what-you-can-do-to-help/

If people saw her at the mall, wouldn't the mall have her on video tape? She may have just stopped at the mall to buy something on the way. A card or something. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop