CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking it must have been a few days after she went missing that they reported seeing her because really not much happened at first.

Something made her stick out to keep that memory in their heads.

I get the feeling the rest of the story we are going to hear is she was with an older guy and he was careful not to be caught on camera.

Why would Kayleah go to or around the mall if she was planning to run away? An older guy? Wouldn't she most likely have met this person at a place without cameras as to not be seen by several?

Why would Kayleah go to or around the mall if she was planning to run away? An older guy? Wouldn't she most likely have met this person at a place without cameras as to not be seen by several?

Maybe it was someone she met online and she wanted to meet in a place she felt safe.

If you were 12 and needed a gift, you would go to Claires in the mall. The kids love that junk they have there and its cheap.

And if shes a regular at the mall the girls who work in Claires probably have seen her before.

Maybe it was someone she met online and she wanted to meet in a place she felt safe.

I misunderstood you - I thought you were saying she planned the meeting and planned to run away. Sure, as we all know here on WS, it's darn dangerous to meet anyone on line - it's a haven for pedophiles and rapists and they are very intent on grooming and seducing. moo

I don't think she was planning on running away.

I don't think she was planning a run away either! Her being seen by the mall makes the entire scenario even more dangerous. moo

Anyone - is the mall after or before the meeting place with her girl friend? Is the mall before the birthday party place? TIA

How much of a big deal would it be, to be twenty minutes late to the party? To me it's far more telling that she didn't meet her friend. IIRC, the couples that identified her saw her outside the mall.

They might be like me, always thinking what's with those kids that hang out at the mall. Hoping they're safe. A pink shirt and red and white shoes would definitely stand out for me.

Do we know WHAT the friend she was supposed to meet to go to the party has to say? Did she receive a phone call from Kayleah? Where exactly was the meeting place? If she was waiting there for her - how long did she wait? And can that be confirmed?

My gut feeling on this is that the friend she was supposed to meet may know that Kayleah had no intentions of meeting her for the party and was supposed to meet someone at the mall (the times don't match up). So if this is true, wouldn't her friend feel compelled to talk to someone about this? (guilty conscience?)
My 10 year old wouldn't be able to live with herself knowing she had ANY part in something like this... Should interview ALL of her friends again!
JMO

Prayers for Kayleah!

Do we know if there really was a friend she was supposed to meet or that it was just a cover story?

The mall parking lot is not dark. The mall is between her house and the party. We don't know where she was supposed to meet her friend.

The mall parking lot is not dark. The mall is between her house and the party. We don't know where she was supposed to meet her friend.

Would going through the mall be a short cut to the birthday party? TIA

it sounds possible that she was leaving the mall at 4:15 approx. when she probably should have met her friend at about 3:55 or so, about 20 minutes late, which to teens may be nothing. her friend may have gone on ahead to party tired of waiting and whatever kayleah did/saw/met next kept her from going on to the party. it sounds more to me like she intended to get there eventually unless something better came along. maybe her friend knew to go on ahead if she was late. So to me, 4:15 is critical if she was seen on her way out of mall and actually outside mall...something happened there IMO. Someone drove up, i.e. If so, tapes should be able to look at all the cars, probably not that many by then on Sunday?Let's hope this mall has decent video that can be enhanced...
I am curious about the witnesses-did they only come forward yesterday to say they had seen Kayleah? Does anyone know? It would be hard not to have seen/heard about her this week, I would think...at least since Thursday or so.

If the reports are correct she was supposed to meet at her friends' house.

Do we know WHAT the friend she was supposed to meet to go to the party has to say? Did she receive a phone call from Kayleah? Where exactly was the meeting place? If she was waiting there for her - how long did she wait? And can that be confirmed?

Seems to me that when she didn't show up at the meeting, her friend would have called her house to find out where she was - unless either she had a reputation for being unreliable, or the friend knew she wasn't really coming.

Would going through the mall be a short cut to the birthday party? TIA
I don't know for sure, but there are the anchor stores and safety issues would make it seem necessary to have several exits. After a while the malls just become a blur in my mind and I rarely go to them anyway. Here's a map, though, and I'm guessing the answer is yes, until the real locals show up and I'd gladly beg their pardon. It looks like two or more exits on 30th street, which is the street of the party address.
http://www.shopgreeleymall.com/pages/mall_map/30.php
Greeley_map.jpg

Seems to me that when she didn't show up at the meeting, her friend would have called her house to find out where she was - unless either she had a reputation for being unreliable, or the friend knew she wasn't really coming.
Or the friend didn't have a cellphone and just wanted to get to the party and enjoy it. Maybe forgot about it right away, too.

Or the friend didn't have a cellphone and just wanted to get to the party and enjoy it. Maybe forgot about it right away, too.

If somebody kept me waiting and didn't show, I'd be ticked enough to call and ask where the heck they were.

I don't know for sure, but there are the anchor stores and safety issues would make it seem necessary to have several exits. After a while the malls just become a blur in my mind and I rarely go to them anyway. Here's a map, though, and I'm guessing the answer is yes, until the real locals show up and I'd gladly beg their pardon. It looks like two or more exits on 30th street, which is the street of the party address.
http://www.shopgreeleymall.com/pages/mall_map/30.php
Greeley_map.jpg

Thanks for that information. Possible Kayleah was going to cut through the mall for a short cut and was being stalked? Or ran into someone familiar? Or was stopped for directions?

Do you have to use your library card to check out a computer? It's been a while since I went to a library but if you had to use your card it would make it easier to track.

Yes, here in Greeley you have to use a library card for internet access and the only way to get a card is to show a school id or other form of id and your parents have to come in with some sort of mail showing your mailing address, so should be able to track at least the activity by the card number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop