CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Someone hears 12 yr old with 17 yr old and they just take off and run with it. I don't think this should have ever been reported, bad journalism at least until there is something else besides a "grandma with an overly active imagination".

There are several girls on NCMEC that have gone missing in March in Colorado. Anyone have any info on the one from WY, I didn't find her.

She was last seen on March 28th - so if there were update on 3/31 (3 days later) of course, LE would think she is alive. Can you trace an update? TIA

There was no update on that day only a login and I am sure it was her mother or the LE or both just looking for private messages or anything to help locate her.

No thread on Avalon Gysel and nothing on google except the story about Kayleah.

No thread on Avalon Gysel and nothing on google except the story about Kayleah.

Seems right now they have her classified as a runaway, unfortunatley seems runaways don't get much press time which is crazy considering even if they left of their own accord they are still young girls and very vulnerable and need to be found...

Aspen Babb
Missing 3/1/2010
Age 14
Lakewood, Co 75 miles away

Sara Fuglestad
Missing 3/3/10
Age 16
Commerce City 50 miles away

Shanta Minor
12/11/09
Age 15
Denver 60 miles away

Armani Pimintel
3/11/10
Age 14
Denver 60 miles away

No shortage. :-(

Seems right now they have her classified as a runaway, unfortunatley seems runaways don't get much press time which is crazy considering even if they left of their own accord they are still young girls and very vulnerable and need to be found...

Even more appalling is the child predator who lures the child away so she looks like a runaway. You know, the predator who offers the child all the things he just found out she doesn't have, like an allowance, a cell phone, a puppy, a computer; a happy household without any punishment or yelling. moo

Le do not seem to chase after this scenario - what has happened is that the predator has groomed the victim and lured her/him away. Not sure why this is not pursued. moo

Even more appalling is the child predator who lures the child away so she looks like a runaway. You know, the predator who offers the child all the things he just found out she doesn't have, like an allowance, a cell phone, a puppy, a computer; a happy household without any punishment or yelling. moo

Le do not seem to chase after this scenario - what has happened is that the predator has groomed the victim and lured her/him away. Not sure why this is not pursued. moo

Exactly...In my opinion a child is a child and needs to be returned home safe and sound...and the family deserves help no matter a runaway or abduction..

Maybe I am old, but how does a 12 year old run away for this long! I have a 12 year old Grand daughter. She is at the age that she takes everything very personal. But she is still a child by heart!

She would be scared to death if she were out on her own! She does not even like boys yet or pretends she doesn't in front of her parents and I.

I can tell she is trying to grow up, she wants to get her hair done. I am taking her to get her hair done this week, in a natural style. I am as excited as she is!

I do not believe this young girl ran away from home for this long, she is to young! 12 is a very emotional age for a young girl, but they frighten easy and would want to go home!

This is all in my own opinion.

Another search — by the public and not law officers — has been organized for Wednesday morning. The search will begin at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Riverside Park in Evans. Organizers of the search said if it is snowing or raining Wednesday morning the search may be postponed.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/NEWS/100409759/1005&parentprofile=1001

aside: color nurse officially pi$$ed. So, just because there are no new leads they are now thinking she is a runaway? Even though they previously stated she most likely did not run away? I say they need to keep on keeping on until they find her and take some brave and bold steps to do so (ie: garbage search etc)

Exactly. I worked the boards at Perverted Justice for a while, and that's exactly what was seen time and time again. The predators (who thought they were talking to kids) promised these "children" everything -- including love and attention -- when really they were just sick b*stards trying to lure a child away. It could look like a runaway when, in reality, a child has been fooled by a slick SO.

I agree that she has been missing too long if she ran away alone, but I think LE believes otherwise. It seems that IF she ran away, they believe she is with someone older, my opinion only. And obviously, she still needs to be returned home if this is the case and whomever she is with needs to be arrested if older than 16 as she is a child.

I wish it weren't true, but young teens and children this age and a little older can have more than one life, like a cat. My (late) younger sister was a star tennis player, winning titles statewide, a good student, involved in student government, etc..that was what we knew about her. She also drank alcohol almost every day during junior and senior high, had an eating disorder and had sex with older boys and men. this is what we did not know about her. An extreme case, surely, but my mom was a teacher, attuned to what kids do, etc and she did not know these things about my sister...and she would have told you she knew her children very well...sad but true.

Not saying any of this applies to Kayleah-just that parents think they know, but they don't, not everything.

Exactly...In my opinion a child is a child and needs to be returned home safe and sound...and the family deserves help no matter a runaway or abduction..

Not that it applies in this case, but, a child being returned home is not always the safest thing and the family doesn't always deserve help. Kids run away for lots of reasons and one of them is to escape the dangers at home, the streets can be safer sometimes. Just something to always keep in mind.

Not that it applies in this case, but, a child being returned home is not always the safest thing and the family doesn't always deserve help. Kids run away for lots of reasons and one of them is to escape the dangers at home, the streets can be safer sometimes. Just something to always keep in mind.

I am fully aware of this....my point was, kids should not be out on the streets and if home is not safe, there are other options that are safer than the streets where they can fall prey to any number of things, I am not naive and don't need to "keep that in mind"

Sorry, wasn't pointing it to you, just speaking in general terms, there are a lot of very naive people, and I don't think it hurts to let them know. There are a lot of lurkers on here that could use this information.

I am fully aware of this....my point was, kids should not be out on the streets and if home is not safe, there are other options that are safer than the streets where they can fall prey to any number of things, I am not naive and don't need to "keep that in mind"

We know there are other options, but do kids? It's not likely they'll google where to run away before they do. They can't walk up to a cop and ask, they'll get taken right back home. They can't go to just any shelter. They stay on the streets because they don't want to go back home because they don't know where to turn that is "safe" in the sense that they won't get sent back home. How do they find out about other options?

IMO, I think it is very unusual for a 12 year old young girl to run away for this long! I do not think she ran away.

We know there are other options, but do kids? It's not likely they'll google where to run away before they do. They can't walk up to a cop and ask, they'll get taken right back home. They can't go to just any shelter. They stay on the streets because they don't want to go back home because they don't know where to turn that is "safe" in the sense that they won't get sent back home. How do they find out about other options?

They go to the library and use the computer.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members