CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone shed some light on the costs of a candlelight vigil? The vigils I have been to were not something that cost anything, it was a meet at X location, bring a candle, bring one to share and come and pray and hope.

To my knowledge, they cost nothing.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=136170&catid=339

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - 9Wants to Know has learned FBI agents are investigating the disappearance of another young girl 50 miles away from the place where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson vanished.

FBI agents are in their early stages of an investigation into a Cheyenne, Wyo. teenage girl's disappearance, said FBI spokesman Dave Joly.

...more at link

Could someone have her password and be updating it? Could it be that the updates are the reason LE think she may be alive? Are the updates traceable? TIA moo

Sure, if she gave it to them, but she wasn't updating it all that often and the posts sounded very typical of a 12 yr old girl.

Ok, so I went onto the touch and updated my status. On MS through the touch you can update both your status and mood. It shows as "mobile". On FB it shows as "via facebook for iphone".

The FBI states there is reason to believe Kayleah is still alive - that is GREAT news! That's a huge change from a couple days ago. We can all hope!

Taken from RubyRed post #616

Further diving into the MS mobile aspect. In order to update using my phone I had to go into the account settings and set it up and put my phone number in which they then sent me an activation code to use to make it work. So, if she was using text to update she would have had to do that. There is also no way to do the mood changes with simple text updating. Therefore that eliminates that.

That leaves phones that have web and app capabilities or an ipod touch as the only two ways for her to change her status and have it show up as "mobile".

I just watched the video with Kayleah's mother. She seemed heartbroken. :( I can't even imagine what she's going through.

She also seemed to get very angry and defensive when the 17 year old boyfriend was mentioned. Saying she didn't allow it, and didn't know about it.

This might be a lesson to us all. Don't judge until you hear it from the source!

Could someone have her password and be updating it? Could it be that the updates are the reason LE think she may be alive? Are the updates traceable? TIA moo

On myspace, I saw a last login of 3/31, but no updates since she disappeared. Since the age listed is her mother's, perhaps Mom "owns" the page and checked on it that day?

On myspace, I saw a last login of 3/31, but no updates since she disappeared. Since the age listed is her mother's, perhaps Mom "owns" the page and checked on it that day?

I thought I read somewhere that her Dad had gone into the acct. I could be mistaken though.

I'm betting she listed her age as such because she didn't have permission from Mom. All minor's MS pages must be set to private.

She was last seen on March 28th - so if there were update on 3/31 (3 days later) of course, LE would think she is alive. Can you trace an update? TIA

She was last seen on March 28th - so if there were update on 3/31 (3 days later) of course, LE would think she is alive. Can you trace an update? TIA

There was no update on the 31st just a log in. The last update was on 3/21.

I would think that LE could trace the update, but I'm not sure. I'm more familiar with Facebook rather than MS.

I am sure they looked at the log-in; this was reported to LE by a sleuther here last week. And I think it was indicated that a parent may have logged in or even LE logged in to look at the page on that day. I don't think it was Kayleah, IMO.

But I am aching to know why they think she may be alive; until they showed her walking on her own, I was fairly certain she had taken a ride (she could have after that I guess) and had gotten into something she could not get out of. But they are still speaking as if she is afraid to come home, for fear of getting into trouble, which is a very good sign and not one I recall from other cases, does anyone else?

I had my daughter's passwords to her accounts, when she was that age.

I agree cluciano, I think they've got something pretty substantial that is making them think she is still alive and out there of her own free will. These aren't statements you hear them making often at all.

I agree cluciano, I think they've got something pretty substantial that is making them think she is still alive and out there of her own free will. These aren't statements you hear them making often at all.

If so, very good news...will wait to hear but it is beginning to sound hopeful for the first time in a week...

I had my daughter's passwords to her accounts, when she was that age.

As you should have, but I've talked to two parents this week who didn't even know their 11 & 12 year old daughters had MS accounts (I was informed by my daughter who was trying to get me to let her have one so they could "chat".)

Let's look at the whole "grandmother" abortion thing again.

We don't know who this grandmother is. Kayleah's grandmother? Grandmother of a friend? Random individual wanting their 15 minutes of fame?

Assume for a moment that it's the grandmother of a friend. Might there have been a rumor going around that she was pregnant? Could she have been being bullied by friends/classmates - perhaps gaining a "reputation" from dating the 17yr old? An abortion on a Sunday afternoon/evening would have been unlikely (although in this day and age, I suppose it's possible she could have gone to an older girl or someone unlicensed - or even tried to do it herself - if she didn't want her family to know.) But - what if she ran because she was pregnant - or if she told the father (not necessarily the 17 yr old), and he either "eloped" with her, or did something to her.

Probably unlikely, but all possibilities need to be considered.

How much has this case made local news out there and how far out locally? Someone had mentioned that she would surely know what an enormous search effort this had turned into, would she? Kids don't watch HLN or Nancy Grace, they rarely even watch the local news. Is it getting a lot of local press where she would be likely to have seen her face splashed on every news hour?
I think sometimes we forget how much info we are getting compared to how much it is being covered. We are searching, pulling up every article, watching every media show, etc. This may not be the case for the GP though.

if the abortion scenario had any validity, in my opinion, she would not have been seen walking right where she should have been. she could easily have met her ride at the mall and hit the road. and she would have had some clean clothes in a backpack or something, IMO. I think a kid can get out the house w/ a pack without a lot of questions these days. Also i think there would have been some indications about those sorts of rumors by now and have not heard anything, she sounded like a pretty happy girl right up to her pancake bit a few days before...i think it was something someone told a reporter when asked what they thought could have happened and reporter ran with it, without having to have any confirmation since she was quoting someone else...IMO sloppy job by newspaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop