CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that Kayleah had an ipod? No family car, no cell phone, why an ipod?

Didn't her friend live behind the mall - I don't remember that it was two blocks.

No, we don't know. Unfortunately, we don't know much. Heck, she could have had a cell phone given to her by her BF for calling him.

It's also odd that she was updating at 11 at night on a Thursday (and 10 pm on a Sun.) on MS via a mobile device. Does anyone have web access on their phone in the house? Was it just her that didn't have a cell phone or does nobody in the house have one?

No, we don't know. Unfortunately, we don't know much. Heck, she could have had a cell phone given to her by her BF for calling him.

So it's speculation, just like some grandma speculating she may have been pregnant - sent an e-mail to a family friend and wowsers - it's all over as fact. I think that stuff is painful for the family. moo

Regarding the boyfriend - mom was adamant the relationship stopped. Wasn't the 17yo boyfriend her brother's friend? and if so, brother would know for sure and I highly doubt brother would lie to the FBI or LE. I'm assuming that relationship stopped.

I guess it is not speculation that she was updating her page late in the evenings on weekends, the speculation is how and with what device, if it has been shown not to be a computer. it could be important for LE to have access to any wireless devices she used regularly no matter who they belonged to. So let's hope if it belonged to someone else they have told LE about it. I know someone here advised something about her updates so probably they have looked into it and know already.

I guess it is not speculation that she was updating her page late in the evenings on weekends, the speculation is how and with what device, if it has been shown not to be a computer. it could be important for LE to have access to any wireless devices she used regularly no matter who they belonged to. So let's hope if it belonged to someone else they have told LE about it. I know someone here advised something about her updates so probably they have looked into it and know already.

you're so right - that would be very important information. Also important would be finding out what computer she used to make her social pages - could she have borrowed someone's ipod?

The problem is that without "speculating" or throwing things out there, then how do you find out what happened or get anywhere in sleuthing? If all the facts were out there then there would be no need for this site. I try very hard to choose my wording carefully and prefix with things like "If" or "could have been" etc to keep it from coming across as fact, but people are going to see it how they want and turn it into gospel if it's something they want to jump on. I don't think that should mean we should stop trying to flush out the possibilities as a lot of very important "facts" have turned up because of just that.

Nope, not speculation, I pulled up her MS page and grabbed the dates and times as well as whether it was mobile or not straight off of the site.

I assume they have looked into it too and just aren't making it public knowledge, but I also hesitate to assume too much as it always shocks me the things that aren't looked into or are overlooked.

The problem is that without "speculating" or throwing things out there, then how do you find out what happened or get anywhere in sleuthing? If all the facts were out there then there would be no need for this site. I try very hard to choose my wording carefully and prefix with things like "If" or "could have been" etc to keep it from coming across as fact, but people are going to see it how they want and turn it into gospel if it's something they want to jump on. I don't think that should mean we should stop trying to flush out the possibilities as a lot of very important "facts" have turned up because of just that.

Sorry if you misunderstood - I didn't mean all speculation. Speculation such as the abortion etc is just plain nonsense. There is absolutely nothing that would indicate such an event on a Sunday afternoon took place. At first, we had her at the front of her house, now she has been captured on video near the mall and inching herself toward the party or her friends house. Why on earth would anybody entertain the idea she was on her way to have an abortion...this to me, is very hurtful to the family. Common sense tells us that.

As far as the 17yo boyfriend goes - I chose to believe what mom says and if I'm wrong, I'll blame it on the FBI and LE for not making him a POI. lol

Questions about delays in Kayleah Wilson case probably unfounded

It's always easy to second-guess a decision, especially when you don't know all
the information.
Some people have been critical of the Greeley Police Department for not releasing information about missing 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson sooner. Some residents question why it took 30 hours for the police to make public information and a picture of the missing girl.

We, like all of Greeley, strongly hope that somehow there will still be a happy ending to this story. We also realize that becomes less likely as more time passes.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/OPINION/100409782/1029

Can someone shed some light on the costs of a candlelight vigil? The vigils I have been to were not something that cost anything, it was a meet at X location, bring a candle, bring one to share and come and pray and hope.

Could someone share with me the different ways and means facebook or social networks can be updated. Could someone have Kayleah's password? TIA

I wish they would put this film footage online. This has really changed alot of things. I am really curious if they have video of any autos heading in her direction. I am thinking the video might not pick up a tag number though.
I noticed there is a movie theater at that mall. Its ad looked like several movie start times were around 4:30. That would mean movies ending 4:15 ish, so lots of people coming out. I wonder if our perp, supposing there is one, came out of the movie theater and saw her walking alone. Just a thought.

In any event, re:speculation about possibility of an abortion did not arise here at this site but was in the Greeley Gazette and it was only discussed here.

Could someone share with me the different ways and means facebook or social networks can be updated. Could someone have Kayleah's password? TIA

There are several ways to update. At a bare minimum you need a cell phone with texting capabilities. You can also use the internet or an ipod touch (which has wi-fi, u must be in range of a wi-fi source though).

There are apps for the smart phones and ipod touch.

There are several other ways to update using text such as twitter, ping, hellotxt.

Here is the big HOWEVER, to my knowledge there is no way to change your "mood" on MS using the text method. I don't use MS much anymore (FB only the last year or so), so maybe someone can confirm or rebut this. I'm not sure how you would using text.

This is why I am leaning towards her either having or having access to either an ipod touch (again, I assume this would show up as mobile, but I need to grab my daughter's now that I'm thinking about it and confirm this) or a smart phone with the app for myspace on it.

Does that help?

Can someone shed some light on the costs of a candlelight vigil? The vigils I have been to were not something that cost anything, it was a meet at X location, bring a candle, bring one to share and come and pray and hope.

As far as I know, they are free.

There are several ways to update. At a bare minimum you need a cell phone with texting capabilities. You can also use the internet or an ipod touch (which has wi-fi, u must be in range of a wi-fi source though).

There are apps for the smart phones and ipod touch.

There are several other ways to update using text such as twitter, ping, hellotxt.

Here is the big HOWEVER, to my knowledge there is no way to change your "mood" on MS using the text method. I don't use MS much anymore (FB only the last year or so), so maybe someone can confirm or rebut this. I'm not sure how you would using text.

This is why I am leaning towards her either having or having access to either an ipod touch (again, I assume this would show up as mobile, but I need to grab my daughter's now that I'm thinking about it and confirm this) or a smart phone with the app for myspace on it.

Does that help?

Could someone have her password and be updating it? Could it be that the updates are the reason LE think she may be alive? Are the updates traceable? TIA moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877