CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the friend she was supposed to meet up with lived behind (or near?) the mall. That also might explain her not taking a present along (unless those attending weren't going to bring one). Maybe she was planning on stopping in to get her friend a little something along the way.

Great point! That would explain why she was seen at the mall and not carrying a present when she left her house.

after this presser, i have so many questions :waitasec:

Just heard part of PC on HLN

LE said she is not in trouble and will not go to jail, if she is hiding out. They just want her back safe.

I think they are just erring on the side of caution by saying this, want to cover all their options.

i don't recall her mother saying she had any money or a purse or the mysterious gift...i would think her mother would know if she had money at 12, but maybe not...

i've wondered all week if the amount of attention could have scared her...but it did not start up right away, it took a few days...unless she really did mean to be gone which i can't quite see...

The info from the press conference seems to be trying to covering every base without saying anything at all? is that what anyone else got out of it? I honestly think they do not know much of anything, if they are still throwing out both runaway possibility and looking at sex offenders?

Lindsey Baum (10yo) went missing last June in McCleary Washington! She disappeared not leaving a single clue - LE oscillated between her being a runaway and being abducted - just like this case, they kept both options open, for a while. Lindsey continues to be missing.

I think the FBI and LE have to keep both options open, especially when there is NOT one speck of a clue either way. I also think the FBI wouldn't have put out the ways to help search such as looking for circling birds, decomp odor, empty building, if they weren't very suspicious of her being abducted and murdered. moo

this case reminds me very much of the Lindsey case

as far as a gift, surely if her mother saw her off at the door to go to a BD party, mother would ask about the gift? and would have said by now that maybe she had stopped at mall to buy one? this no gift/party thing is confusing along with everything else...maybe her mom did not really actually see her leave and does not want to say so?? this would be understandable...i am just guessing...the lack of mention of a gift bugs me for some reason.

Reward offered in Kayleah Wilson case

Authorities are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the return of Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who disappeared more than a week ago.

There are people who may know something and haven't come forward with it," FBI Special Agent in Charge Jim Davis said during a Monday afternoon press conference. "We're hoping that by offering a reward, we may drive those folks into coming in to talk to us."

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-missing-girl-update-040510,0,4809404.story

It's a big deal if she made it to the mall. At least I get to quit worrying about someone picking her up on the road. It's possible there is footage they're not ready to share yet, of people in the mall, including her and others. I would expect security cameras all over the place there. The stores would have still been open at that time.

special developments from the fbi:

believe still info out there or people who have info that have not come forward

reward of 10k being announced for info that leads to her safe return

hope that the reward will drive these folks into coming in and talking about it.

800 leads now

still need help from the public.

they are not confident they have all the information out there and hope that the reward can help this

couple of sightings at greeley mall of her they are fairly confident of

I think she ran away. I think it was planned. She is either to scared to come home because of everyone looking for her or she ran off with an older man. I might be wrong but I hope not. I hope something didn't happen to her.

did they say the definetely know she was at the mall? the wording someone put on here did not sound definte.
was anyone else at home besides mom when she left house?

Still No Amber Alert For Missing Greeley Girl
Case Highest Priority For FBI

Authorities say they still don't have enough information to issue an Amber Alert for a 12-year-old Colorado girl reported missing on March 28.

Amber Alerts go out instantly via text to cell phone subscribers and to radio and television stations. They also are posted on electronic highway signs to alert motorists.

Criteria for Amber Alerts include information that a child may be in danger or vehicle and suspect descriptions. Colorado's Amber Alert managers say the criteria are there so that the public doesn't ignore alerts when too many are issued.

http://cbs4denver.com/local/kayleah.wilson.missing.2.1612897.html

did they say the definetely know she was at the mall? the wording someone put on here did not sound definte.
was anyone else at home besides mom when she left house?

I believe what was posted was that they are confident of several sightings of her at the mall

that doesn't sound like they have her on camera...
i can't help recalling the dogs only tracing her scent to the sidewalk area in front of her house, IIRC...and FBI taking all of those samples of carpet, etc.
do we know if parents took polygraphs? only asking, as Mark Klaas says it is best to volunteer to do this ASAP and get it over with...have not seen anything about this...not jumping to any conclusions here...

as far as a gift, surely if her mother saw her off at the door to go to a BD party, mother would ask about the gift? and would have said by now that maybe she had stopped at mall to buy one? this no gift/party thing is confusing along with everything else...maybe her mom did not really actually see her leave and does not want to say so?? this would be understandable...i am just guessing...the lack of mention of a gift bugs me for some reason.

As for a possible reason Kayleah did not have a gift to give for the party may be as simple as there really wasn't any extra money for her family to afford a gift to bring. When a friend of my daughter's wasn't going to come to her party because the family could not afford a gift, my daughter insisted she come without a gift. My daughter told her that she did not invite her because she wanted a gift, she just wanted her friend to come and celebrate her birthday with her.

I'm not too sure if this has any bearing or not but my children haven't brought presents to a birthday party for a long time, they are 12 and 16, they always give their friends cash, the only time presents are brought is when it is a family members birthday. The same goes for when my children have a birthday party or get together always given cash.

As for a possible reason Kayleah did not have a gift to give for the party may be as simple as there really wasn't any extra money for her family to afford a gift to bring. When a friend of my daughter's wasn't going to come to her party because the family could not afford a gift, my daughter insisted she come without a gift. My daughter told her that she did not invite her because she wanted a gift, she just wanted her friend to come and celebrate her birthday with her.
I'm so glad you said this. I've seen it, too. I also remember people coming to birthday parties without gifts and nothing was said, period.

i was not saying she had to bring a gift...it was just that there was a lot of discussion here about if there was a gift or not and no one ever said officially...and no one said she had any money with her, just her inhaler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop