CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I went out looking around last night drove from her home to the mall sat in the mall parking lot for a while and it is very isolated on the back side of the mall facing the apts. on 30th st. she could have been watched from the apts.

Were there any security cameras in the mall parking lot? The kind that could be attached to a light pole or placed on the roof of the mall pointing towards the parking lot.

Just returned from search was mostly doing flyer's and rechecking the area around where she lived to make sure everyone was keeping an eye out and passed out a lot of poster's to apartments.Kayleah's mom and brother were there today helping with sign ups.
Had a couple groups going out with ATV'S and horses also. I also feel that the FBI would have covered the runaway issue very well with the family, you all know we always have many rumors.Is starting to rain now but more people were coming to help search.Sunday seems to have a much better turnout so praying tomorrow for many more. They have a young man from Colorado Springs who has training here with them doing maps and helping with areas that still need checked. My husband and I are going to do some more checking out remote areas so will keep you posted.

Thank You for all you are doing.

Just returned from search was mostly doing flyer's and rechecking the area around where she lived to make sure everyone was keeping an eye out and passed out a lot of poster's to apartments.Kayleah's mom and brother were there today helping with sign ups.
Had a couple groups going out with ATV'S and horses also. I also feel that the FBI would have covered the runaway issue very well with the family, you all know we always have many rumors.Is starting to rain now but more people were coming to help search.Sunday seems to have a much better turnout so praying tomorrow for many more. They have a young man from Colorado Springs who has training here with them doing maps and helping with areas that still need checked. My husband and I are going to do some more checking out remote areas so will keep you posted.

Roni, you have such a good heart. Thank you for caring about Kayleah so much, and for going out and searching for her.

:blowkiss:

BeanE

Good Morning, prayers that Kayleah is found safe.

On the news last night was a story of an arrest of some people in Los Angles for human trafficing. One of the girls that was rescued was from the town I live in. She said she met the man on the internet, he talked her into going with him. She was then held against her will and forced in to prostatution.

I live in a town on 180 000 in the north of Australia.....and sometimes when I read these threads some of the theories etc I tut tut at and always think they are a bit far out and "only in the movies" type stuff.....

but I;ve gotta tell you, this world is really shocking me lately....and the old saying "truth is stranger than fiction" is so true.....

I am only in my forties but have seen the world change from when there was a child missing and murdered you remembered their name for life as it was quite a rare occassion.....

I am always amazed at the amount of RSO's that you guys report in the areas....

it really is awful.......

but back to Kayleah........first of all I think that the rumors of her "running away again" need to be confirmed by someone in the know......because her brother said it as well and I think that a 12 year old who runs away alot is just not a good thing to start off with.....

even if she did run away, 3 weeks out there is not good .....too many evil doers around.....

2ndly way back when the video was released I read a comment from a couple of girls (this was a comment to a greelytribune article) who worked in the mall and they said had the trash compactor been checked as this thing scared them as it crunched up anythiing that went in it......

awful thought but if they dont have any video of her coming out of the mall maybe someone got her in the mall and she ended up there......

I truly truly hope not

Rain swamps Saturday search for Kayleah Wilson
Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rain hampered already-slow search efforts Saturday for Kayleah Wilson, 12, the sixth-grader from Greeley who has been missing since March 28.

Michelle Thompson, who has organized a Facebook page in support of Kayleah, called off the effort at 2:30 p.m. as rain began to steadily fall on searchers. Even before the rain appeared, Thompson said search efforts had grown “very, very slow.”

In all, 52 people showed up Saturday at Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St. in Greeley, to search for Kayleah.

“It just seems to be at a standstill,” Thompson said. “I just wish that we could get more people out there so we could cover more area. The police don't have the manpower, and as long as we can have the community help out, that's all that really counts.”

snip

On Saturday, searchers scoured from 16th Street to U.S. 34 Bypass between 12th Avenue and 10th Avenue, Thompson said. In addition, searchers on all-terrain vehicles covered an area from 35th Avenue to 65th Avenue and from 37th Street to 42nd Street.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640/1002&parentprofile=1001

After 3 weeks, no sign of missing Greeley preteen
The Denver Post
POSTED: 04/18/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Dawn Davis, senior case manager for the Texas-based Laura Recovery Center, also concedes that finding Kayleah safe and sound is stretching into a long shot. "With each passing day, the window of opportunity closes even more," she said. "We're working past the third week, and that doesn't work to Kayleah's benefit."

snip

On Saturday, 50 volunteers continued their search throughout Greeley for Kayleah. Her mother, April Wilson, helped by answering the telephone at Journey Christian Church, where volunteers have established a search command post.

"Thank you for all the effort. I'm very thankful," Wilson said. "The more that come out, the more areas can be marked off the map."

Wilson, who also is the mother of two sons, ages 17 and 4, said her life without her daughter has become "very stressful. I'm very worried, and it's never going to be the same."

She said the search for her missing girl will continue every Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. "Until she is found," Wilson said.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14906831

Good morning Kayleah...praying for you, your family and all of the searchers out today.

I know some very good pictures have been posted of the area, but haven't seen this on WS yet, it may give a different perspective of the area around the mall for those of you not in Colorado.

www.bing.com - click on maps (left hand side), this will bring up map of US. At the top of the page type in Greeley Mall, Greeley Colorado in the box next to the Bing logo. This will bring up map of Greely Mall area. At the top of the map there is a box under the word Aerial. Your choice is Aerial or Birds Eye View, click on Birds Eye View. This gives you a pretty clear view of the mall and surrounding apartment complexes, neighborhoods and business buildings. You can move the map around and get a better idea about the area Kayleah was in when she dissapeared maybe different path opitions.

Good morning Kayleah...praying for you, your family and all of the searchers out today.

I know some very good pictures have been posted of the area, but haven't seen this on WS yet, it may give a different perspective of the area around the mall for those of you not in Colorado.

www.bing.com - click on maps (left hand side), this will bring up map of US. At the top of the page type in Greeley Mall, Greeley Colorado in the box next to the Bing logo. This will bring up map of Greely Mall area. At the top of the map there is a box under the word Aerial. Your choice is Aerial or Birds Eye View, click on Birds Eye View. This gives you a pretty clear view of the mall and surrounding apartment complexes, neighborhoods and business buildings. You can move the map around and get a better idea about the area Kayleah was in when she dissapeared maybe different path opitions.

This link will get you to the Greeley Mall map. You still have to click Aerial and then Bird's Eye View. Couldn't get it to save that.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&ss=ypid.YN142x19024096&encType=1

Are there alot of traffic lights in this area? Do they have cameras on them?

In my previous posts I was trying to explain the possible routes she could have taken and this article has a really good map of the area with the routes marked! When we drove the highway yesterday I noticed where she could have gotten across the highway - it is nearly fenced the whole way except right where this map shows.
I wish this article or map would show where she was spotted (on camera?) near the Greeley mall if that is a fact. I'll have to reread articles and try to find that info.

20100417_114807_kayleah.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14906831#top

By Monte Whaley
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/18/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

GREELEY — Knocks on the doors of 1,000 homes and apartments in Greeley have yielded no clues. Searches of local ponds and ditches have turned up nothing. Behavioral science, pseudoscience, soulful prayers and dogged citizen searches have had the same result.

This link will get you to the Greeley Mall map. You still have to click Aerial and then Bird's Eye View. Couldn't get it to save that.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&ss=ypid.YN142x19024096&encType=1

Yep..you have to click on Aerial and then Birds Eye. From there you can pan around and zoom in and out a little bit. But it has a clear view, compared to Googles map, and using it w/ the map that Manybooks posted it gives a more detailed view.

Swaniee11~there are quite a few stoplights on 23rd, not sure if there are cameras on them, I am assuming LE checked cameras if there are any on the lights. Just as I am hoping they checked payphone records from the area phones.

you know, I cannot help but think that LE's early on statements pertaining to the runaway theory have really crimped the media coverage of Kayleah's case and it makes me nauseated.

I hope the search today turns up something of value to help bring her home.

you know, I cannot help but think that LE's early on statements pertaining to the runaway theory have really crimped the media coverage of Kayleah's case and it makes me nauseated.

I hope the search today turns up something of value to help bring her home.

I agree. I really dislike how LE states that they don't "consider this an abduction scenario yet". People read that and it puts them at ease and they stop taking notice or even possibly don't look or take concern for a MISSING CHILD. I really wish, if asked, if LE doesn't want to say for sure that it is an abduction that they would just say "We don't know. This child is missing, please help or do want you can."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee