CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as literally retracing her steps... The street cops generally know everyone that hangs out in their particular patrol area and what time of day they are hanging out. That especially goes for the homeless, gangbangers, and the junkies. I have faith in the police that they have already rattled the trees in the area.

If this was stranger abduction they would have had to have a weapon or overpower her. She is not a small child or frail looking.

I am beginning to think it might be an older teenager and somebody she knew/knows. I know everyone remembers the little girl in the midwest that was killed and buried by a 15 or 16 year old girl. Kaleah was awfully young to be messing with a 16 or 17 year old boy and really how old are these friends of this ex-boyriend... What is really sad is that there is no telling what the poor child had been around...

On her way to the mall area does she have the means to cut through some apartment complexes?
THROUGH apartment complexes? No.
Any convenience stores on the way?
No.
Has anyone actually walked her path-literally 'walked' it. A decoy or bait person could do that and see what comes out of the woodwork. I am just reaching but honestly.... It will take going to Ground Zero and knowing/meeting/seeing the people in the neighborhood to find clues.
I would like to know the path that she and family "usually" would take going to the mall. I personally wouldn't cross that highway on foot! Am I correct in hearing that mom said she left and crossed the highway? If so, she would maybe walk east a bit, as there is a little fence, and once across the highway there is some light industrial and several chain hotels. This is all before the mall, so if it is confirmed (video?) that she was seen at the mall or on malll grounds, it isn't relevant.
Although the mall is sort of depressed right now, it is still a very busy area ESPECIALLLY on a weekend afternoon. It is likely that after passing the hotels, she would cross 23rd and through the mall parking lot / restaurant parking lots to get to the apartments that are directly south of the mall.
From here we would need to kno0w the address of the apt she was going to in order to know the possible dangers on the way. Some of the apartments have large off-street parking lots that you would need to cross to get to certain apts. Some of the buildings are right on the street. I'm not sure which ones have interior hallways vs all outside entries, but that might be important also.
I'm not sure this info helps - one thing I wanted to say is that from the info, I'm not sure if anyone could really walk her path, without more information (from mom - what was their usually path across the highway, and exact apt building she was headed for)

Thank you so much for your prayer's for my mom and the search, we need lots of prayer's this weekend for Kayleah I just want her home like the rest of you I don't want to go on and on not knowing like with Lindsey and so many other's we are praying for.
A light from heaven above shine down on all who are missing and lost it is time to bring them home, Kayleah, Haleigh, Susan, Lindsey, Britt, baby Gab and All others. I ask this in Jesus Name AMEN.

Here's a link to the FBI page that gives a great overview to the different units in the NCAVC (National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime).

From the link:
"Criminal investigative analysis is a process of reviewing crimes from both a behavioral and investigative perspective. It involves reviewing and assessing the facts of a criminal act, interpreting offender behavior, and interaction with the victim, as exhibited during the commission of the crime, or as displayed in the crime scene."

Thanks for the link, very good information.

Agreeing and wondering...has LE checked payphone calls made from the mall, restaurants in the parking lot, stores surrounding the mall or even around her home in the time frame Kayleah was declared missing? Maybe she knows someone via the mall stores /surrounding stores/ school/library/church... but her immediate family or friends are not aware of or don't suspect this person? moo
Praying for you Kayleah!

THROUGH apartment complexes? No.
No.

I would like to know the path that she and family "usually" would take going to the mall. I personally wouldn't cross that highway on foot! Am I correct in hearing that mom said she left and crossed the highway? If so, she would maybe walk east a bit, as there is a little fence, and once across the highway there is some light industrial and several chain hotels. This is all before the mall, so if it is confirmed (video?) that she was seen at the mall or on malll grounds, it isn't relevant.
Although the mall is sort of depressed right now, it is still a very busy area ESPECIALLLY on a weekend afternoon. It is likely that after passing the hotels, she would cross 23rd and through the mall parking lot / restaurant parking lots to get to the apartments that are directly south of the mall.
From here we would need to kno0w the address of the apt she was going to in order to know the possible dangers on the way. Some of the apartments have large off-street parking lots that you would need to cross to get to certain apts. Some of the buildings are right on the street. I'm not sure which ones have interior hallways vs all outside entries, but that might be important also.
I'm not sure this info helps - one thing I wanted to say is that from the info, I'm not sure if anyone could really walk her path, without more information (from mom - what was their usually path across the highway, and exact apt building she was headed for)

BRILLIANT POST. Let's build on it.

If we can narrow down the SO's in the area of her walk....not that LE has not already done that I am sure....but the unregistered...and the random freak driving around. Needle in a haystack. Not necessarily. Someone saw her-talked to her-gained her confidence and ......

Come on people! How does a 12 year old child disappear in Greeley Colorado? Step up and help find her-you should all be outraged-it could be one of yours next time......

ok, what is the address again for the mall? Do we have the address of the party as well? We know she made it as far as the mall, she could have gotten even closer to the party. IMO

Let's Go! Address of the Mall-K's addy......let's start all over-re-trace her steps literally

Pressure and heat-common sense.....re-interviewing.....surveillance-receipts-traffic stops and tickets-talking to little kids-middle aged kids-they are the ones who will say who is 'weird'in the hood

Are there any abandoned warehouses/factories/commercial properties near-

Are there any abandoned warehouses/factories/commercial properties near-

Yes, abandonded warehouses, factories, and commercial properties in the area should be checked.

Also, are there any abandonded or vacant homes or apartment buildings in the urban area?

How You Can Help Find Kayleah Wilson

*Check and look along road sides, back roads, fields, dump areas that you may know about in the county or in the towns or areas you drive to or live near. These may be areas that you routinely drive, walk, run, jog, etc. Check any ditches or areas that are typically hard to see when driving by at high speeds. Other potential areas to check are under bridges, in abandoned barns or structures that are not normally occupied, abandoned vehicles, etc.

*If you notice a suspicious odor in an area, or see activities in or around abandoned homes or property; if you happen to see circling birds or gathering predators, like coyotes in or around an area, check it out to see if it is safe, or contact the local law enforcement agency near you to have it checked out.

*If you own property that is not currently occupied, check it out to make sure it is still secure and that everything inside is in order and as you expect it to be. If you know your neighbor is not home and you have permission to go on their property, check for any broken windows, doors, or suspicious activity or things that may appear out of place to you.

*If you live in a rural area and know your neighbors are gone for extended periods of time, drive by those areas and make note of any unusual cars, vehicles or things that appear out of place and are not consistent with what you are familiar with.

*If you live near an empty home or building, watch for any suspicious activity or unusual people or vehicles in or around the structure that are not normally there.
Do NOT go in any buildings or homes that you do not own or trespass on private property, to search any areas.

*If you see or suspect anything suspicious, do not attempt to pick it up, touch it or contaminate the immediate surrounding areas. If you leave the area before authorities arrive try to leave the same way you came in so other potential items are not disturbed or contaminated.

If a suspicious incident is in progress and you are concerned for public safety always call 911.
If the situation is not an emergency, call the Greeley Police Department at 970-350-9600 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23051506/detail.html

Time to refresh this list.

25uljll.jpg

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO - 12 yr old Kayleah Wilson missing, Greeley #2

Yes, abandonded warehouses, factories, and commercial properties in the area should be checked.

Also, are there any abandonded or vacant homes or apartment buildings in the urban area?

There are literally NO homes on any path that would lead from her apt to the apts S of the mall. There is a huge old empyt Kmart building and an abandoned lumberyard just off the frontage rd (on the S side of the highway) - not likely that she would walk past those, or even through the Kmart lot (maybe? - but this would be before the mall on her way - not saying she coulnd't have ended up there though) - do we have an address that she was walking to? I believe it was on 30th St (this street is just those 4 or 5 blocks long - with the mall parking lot on the N side and lined with apartments on the other side). Knowing what apt building/area she was headed for could help me picture a path.
This street was blocked off by FBI on Friday April 2 for a period of time while motorists were stopped and interviewed and I think some door-to-door questioning was happening. I wondered why they didn't do that on Sunday again, since Sunday is the day of the week that she disappeared. (unless they did and it wasn't in the news - i only went by there Sunday mid morning)

There are literally NO homes on any path that would lead from her apt to the apts S of the mall. There is a huge old empyt Kmart building and an abandoned lumberyard just off the frontage rd (on the S side of the highway) - not likely that she would walk past those, or even through the Kmart lot (maybe? - but this would be before the mall on her way - not saying she coulnd't have ended up there though) - do we have an address that she was walking to? I believe it was on 30th St (this street is just those 4 or 5 blocks long - with the mall parking lot on the N side and lined with apartments on the other side). Knowing what apt building/area she was headed for could help me picture a path.
This street was blocked off by FBI on Friday April 2 for a period of time while motorists were stopped and interviewed and I think some door-to-door questioning was happening. I wondered why they didn't do that on Sunday again, since Sunday is the day of the week that she disappeared. (unless they did and it wasn't in the news - i only went by there Sunday mid morning)

bbm

This is exactly the kind of info they put in their press release " How you can help" on ways to search. I would hope this has been done.

Is it possible for any locals ... to form a group, or even three or more of you .. to walk the path she might have, and video tape it?

Please see my post on the previous page - I responded to someone else who mentioned retracing her steps. I live in Greeley and know the area well by car.
But - There are several possible ways she could have gone... I *think* I remember hearing that mom said she crossed the highway from her apartment (?) and if so, there are a couple possible places she could have walked past or parking lots she would have to walk through.
If she didn't cross the highway and went directly east to 23rd there are fewer choices.
And the street of apartments she was headed towards is several blocks long - very likely accessed by cutting through the mall parking lot, but i don't know which apts she was going to know to guess better her actual path. If she was witnessed at the mall or in the amll parking lot (i think i've heard both versions?), she was 90% to her destination (apts on 30th st).
*THIS really makes me personally think that something happened to her AT those apartments or in a parking lot there.
I hope the police/FBI keep the heat on in that area.

I'm trying to help (or at least help y'all visualize it), but it's hard to know which way she might have gone. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman