CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this poor child, imo i don't think she ran away. Its been to long. I have a 12 yr old daughter and honestly,i just can't see this. As for the cell phones, my dd wanted a cell phone since she was 9. I did finally get her one at 11. She was going to friends houses, friends that i didn't know the parents as well as i would like, she was showing her freedom and didn't want mom walking her in and out etc of activities (although i still do). 1st i want to say to any parent who is thinking about getting their child a cell phone, this is not a baby sitter, it should in no way give you a sense of security that you can get ahold of your child because theres a phone involved, many times, they're so busy they don't hear it. For me, it was giving her the ability to talk to me without asking to use someones phone, if she ever felt uncomfortable she had the ablity to get ahold of me. She was spending the night at friends houses and felt nervous she could call me without disturbing anyone etc etc. It is an expense, no doubt. On the down side, my dd will call me from the bus to tell me what she wants for a snack so i have it prepared when she walks in the door. Lol... On the up side, i use that darn phone against her for grounding. I do the "screen grounding" works everytime.

Btw-screen grounding is "if it has a screen, you've lost it... Tv,computer,i-pods, cells, video games, etc etc"

lol lol lol

To that end, the FBI's Behavorial Analysis Unit produced some psychological indicators that might point to the person responsible for Kayleah's disappearance.

Since the evening of March 28 the person:

* Could be coming up with an excuse to leave the area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason (work-related, visit a distant relative or friend, etc.)

* May have missed work, called in sick, asked to change shifts, particularly on days close to the night Kayleah went missing (Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday...)

* May have unexplained recent injuries (cuts, bruises) particularly on his head, hands, or arms.

* May have an unexpected or sudden interest in the status of this investigation, paying very close attention to the media or avoiding participation in any conversations or activities related to the case.

* Minimize or deny a known acquaintenance with Kayleah.

* May display nervousness or irritability.

* May show a recent increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

* May have changed routine sleep patterns.

* May have changed "usual" consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.

* May have shaved off facial or head hair, or, started growing a mustache or beard.

* May be no longer driving, or changing the appearance of, his personal or work vehicle for no obvious reason. Including suddenly keeping it in a shed or garage, covering it, painting it, selling it, reporting it stolen or giving it away.

The person also is likely to live in the Greeley community and has ties to the area around the Greeley Mall, the FBI said.

However, Davis said, he would be suprised if the person who may be holding Kayleah would still be in Greeley. "We have scoured the area pretty well," he said.

Those sound like a lot of the same indicators from the FBI behavioral analysts in Somer's case, and that scares the heck out of me :(

Yes, the points are almost identical to what was put out in Somer and Lindsey's case.

The first points issued for Kayleah's case were those asking the community for help in looking for a dead body...and at the same time, LE was saying how likely it was that Kayleah is a runaway. I just don't get it?!

What always scares me aren't the RSOs who are registered and you can track them, but the noncompliant RSOs.

I tried to do a search for the noncompliant RSOs for Colorado, and couldn't find a list. Then I branched out to the nearby states: Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. Nothing.

Then I came across an article about some states won't release the names of the noncompliant RSOs because they need to protect their privacy.

Then I found this article on NCMEC. It's from 2007, and hopefully things are better in the states I listed than they were then, but there's no update for the article, so it scares me.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=3081

Just compare the states I listed to the states in the article and their laws. Scary, scary, scary.

BeanE

And what scares me most of all is the ones that haven't been caught yet!

What always scares me aren't the RSOs who are registered and you can track them, but the noncompliant RSOs.

I tried to do a search for the noncompliant RSOs for Colorado, and couldn't find a list. Then I branched out to the nearby states: Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. Nothing.

Then I came across an article about some states won't release the names of the noncompliant RSOs because they need to protect their privacy.

Then I found this article on NCMEC. It's from 2007, and hopefully things are better in the states I listed than they were then, but there's no update for the article, so it scares me.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=3081

Just compare the states I listed to the states in the article and their laws. Scary, scary, scary.

BeanE

bbm...

Of course, it is the noncompliant RSOs that the community SHOULD know about, since they would seem to me to be more dangerous if they aren't willing to comply (moo). When will the rights of the people who are following the law and just trying to safely raise a family/grow up safe become more important then the scum who prey upon them??????

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), there are an estimated 603,000 registered sex offenders in the U.S. today. However, of that number, at least 100,000 sex offenders are noncompliant and no one knows where they are.

To date, the Marshals have located more than 850 of the fugitive sex offenders.

“We know that two-thirds of sex offenders who are in state prisons have admitted that their victims were children,” said Allen. “And we know that sex offenders who harm children are most likely to be repeat offenders.”

There are 25 states where noncompliance with one or more registration duties may be treated as only a misdemeanor: Alaska, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Unreal...endangered insects in Colorado have more protection from the law than our own precious children :(

Now I am gettining rather angry-NOT at LE-hell no. There is a family somewhere in Greeley who has some sort of relative who wanders in and out of their lives.....I say keep the heat on-keep the pressure on. I have been looking at Fort Collins Craigslist in the personals section under the 'casual encounters' category. NUMBER ONE ad tonight is the search for this sex offender on the lam:http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cas/1694361436.html

But check out all the other ads and just hold fast-keep a bucket nearby. There's a guy who wants to tie people up, there's all kinds of freaks out there. I am looking for the ad I saw last night that asked"are you looking for your daddy'? He wanted a young girl. I am smoking angry right now. Too much license in this society to put forth a freaky sordid fantasy and it is okay with people. Problem is-when no-one steps up to fulfill the fantasy..then the perp goes out and grabs someone. I am disgusted. The gloves are off...we have to find and weed out the perps who are not registered.

Wow-the same ad is on RANTS and RAVES Craigslist Fort COllins-they have been running this ad for a while...they REALLY want to find this guy...the pics shown are not so great-I have seen others where he is fully G'up....looking like a G the girls would go for-and what better place tofind girls?THE MALL.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/rnr/1694356601.html

Wow-the same ad is on RANTS and RAVES Craigslist Fort COllins-they have been running this ad for a while...they REALLY want to find this guy...the pics shown are not so great-I have seen others where he is fully G'up....looking like a G the girls would go for-and what better place tofind girls?THE MALL.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/rnr/1694356601.html

Just the fact that he could be in Fort Collins/Greeley area, i would e-mail this to LE, Starry Night. They may already know but I would still send it in as a tip.

Anyone checked FB and MS for him or his aliases?

Known aliases: Josh Regal, Justice Jackson, Deshawn Smith, Deshon Jackson

Just woke up at some ridiculous hour with Kayleah on my mind.

She was identified by two people as being at the mall - I'm assuming the parking lot. Don't know for sure if Kayleah was caught on video - some reports say yes and others no

If Kayleah was in the parking lot and was approached by either, someone she knew or a strange guy, and was offered a ride to the party or to meet her friend - where would that car drive off to?

I'm going to speculate Kayleah was thrown in the trunk alive and was eventually strangled or suffocated. Wouldn't that person want to get out of the area fast? Perhaps heading to an expressway that would take him to a nearby forest or mountain range?

I can't get a grasp of the area and have no idea what expressway a killer would take - but seems to me, he wouldn't want to stick around nor would he want to drive endlessly with a live or dead body in the car. Wondering where the perp would go so that he would feel safe? What's around where you could dump a body? Any ideas anybody, but especially locals? TIA

I'm going to speculate Kayleah was thrown in the trunk alive and was eventually strangled or suffocated. Wouldn't that person want to get out of the area fast? Perhaps heading to an expressway that would take him to a nearby forest or mountain range?

I can't get a grasp of the area and have no idea what expressway a killer would take - but seems to me, he wouldn't want to stick around nor would he want to drive endlessly with a live or dead body in the car. Wondering where the perp would go so that he would feel safe? What's around where you could dump a body? Any ideas anybody, but especially locals? TIA

From the mall, if you take Hwy 34 west, it would only 45 minutes to be in the "forests" of the foothills and would take an hour maybe a little longer to be in the Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park area. He also had Hwy 85, north, and hour to Wyoming, which is very rural, only a couple small towns along the way and the Pawnee National Grasslands. Hwy 85, south, 20 minutes to Brighton area and another 20 minutes to Denver. This area is rural also, but a little more populated. If he went east on Hwy 34 that would take him to I-76 (east goes to Nebraska, west back into Denver). This drive is also very rural. All of these routes are mainly rural once you leave Greeley proper which is a huge concern to me, lots of big areas of ranch land, farm land and very short drive to an isolated area.

At this point I am hoping for an Elizabeth Smart/Jaycee Duggard miracle. There was also a woman in Canada recently that was abducted and held for a month that got away. I am praying that she is still alive and somehow able to get away from her captor. Not all kidnappers kill their victim. I hope she is one of the lucky ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9