CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people buy cell phones to keep in the car for "emergency use only." They often pay rates such as $15/month and $50 sign-up fees. These fees are NOT necessary.
You can use a used cell phone to call 911 without paying anything at all. Cell phones are regulated by the FCC. FCC requirements state that ALL cell phones, regardless of status of service (or even the lack of service) must be able to dial 911. Whether you have a telephone number or not, whether you have signed up for service or not, your cell phone can connect to 911.

So if you have a used cell phone and it still works, you can give it to your child, charged to take with in case of an emergency.

That is the law right now but FYI, there is legislation being drafted by many 9-1-1 districts and state coordinators that address this. The problem is so many bogus calls coming into 9-1-1 centers and not being able to trace them from these phones. Guess what I'm trying to say is that it works now but stay tuned!

I have a feeling that LE DOES have some sort of surveillence video showing Kayleah. My guess is that that is where LE found their new POI's.....either video or friends at the 'party'. But, as for the video, it seems highly unlikely that she would pass by that mall..or through it...and not be seen on ANY video. I think they have it and just aren't yet releasing it. Of course, it may be that the 2 people who saw Kayleah at the mall led to LE pursuing the friends more thoroughly....since it appeared she was waiting for someone to show. As for the father:

Unlike most every other person in this case, Kayleah's father seems legitimately devastated about Kayleah's disappearance. I sincerely can't see him knowing ANYTHING about her disappearance.

BBM (bolded by me)

Please tell us why you think this? I see an entire family devastated by missing Kayleah - why do you say mom's grief isn't legitimate? How about the brother, cousin out searching in ditches etc.

This family may not know how to work the media to get the most coverage for their missing Kayleah, but from everything I've read and viewed, they are legitimately devestated? moo

Time sure is ticking away. I hope we hear something soon. The longer this goes, I am not sure of a good outcome.

I think so often it's a case that a family just doesn't know what they need to be doing, what they need to say, what they need to demand, etc.

All of the major organizations take too much time to get help from. I wish there was an org or group that was there that could get in touch with a family, immediately and offer basic assistance and support. Someone that would be there in the first 24 hrs that is so critical. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people out there with a lot SAR/Missing Persons training and experience that would gladly do this, myself included. To help be an advocate for the family and make sure that things are moving right away when it's critical, to help explain what they need to be telling the media, etc. It breaks my heart every single time I read about what wasn't done when I know what needed to be.

I think so often it's a case that a family just doesn't know what they need to be doing, what they need to say, what they need to demand, etc.

All of the major organizations take too much time to get help from. I wish there was an org or group that was there that could get in touch with a family, immediately and offer basic assistance and support. Someone that would be there in the first 24 hrs that is so critical. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people out there with a lot SAR/Missing Persons training and experience that would gladly do this, myself included. To help be an advocate for the family and make sure that things are moving right away when it's critical, to help explain what they need to be telling the media, etc. It breaks my heart every single time I read about what wasn't done when I know what needed to be.

Great idea....it is very easy for people to look in from the outside and say why wasn't this or that done or why didn't the family do this or that. These things seem very common sense to most people on here but who knows how a person will react when faced with such a crisis. I am sure being worried sick, not sleeping, not eating, you just can't think straight and an advocate for these people would be a great thing. I am not sure how long this family has lived here in Greeley and it sounded like they had some family in Eaton but up until now were estranged, so maybe they feel disconnected from the community and are not sure where to go for help. Also with this being such a rare occurance here I don't think the local law enforcement where very versed in what to do either...so I am glad they involved the FBI and praying this has a good turnout soon and God forbid if it ever happens again we will all be a little more experienced.

Unlike most every other person in this case, Kayleah's father seems legitimately devastated about Kayleah's disappearance. I sincerely can't see him knowing ANYTHING about her disappearance.

I 100% agree. I have personally spoken to Mike and I can honestly say that I feel no connection between him and Kayleah missing. Mike has been in CA this entire time because the FBI wanted him to stay there in case Kayleah was trying to get to him. They have now gave him the go ahead to come out here to CO... Mike is on his way as I write this.

I am sure he is devastated, but correct me if I'm wrong, I thought he had had no contact with her for the last 4 years? Is this correct or wrong info.?

I am sure he is devastated, but correct me if I'm wrong, I thought he had had no contact with her for the last 4 years? Is this correct or wrong info.?

Michael W, the disappearance of his 12-year-old daughter, Kayleah,

snip

Michael W said the family lived in Westminster when Kayleah was born, and he has never lived in Greeley. The last time he had contact with his daughter was last November.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100408/NEWS/100409682/1002&parentprofile=1001

was probably confused with

April W's ex-husband, Jesse W,

snip

Jesse W, who said he has had no contact with Kayleah for the past four years,

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14805230

thanks BeanE.. was just getting ready to post that same article. The two Wilson's are getting confused.

stepdad Wilson: four years
Dad Wilson: four MONTHS (last November)

Oh my word, well no wonder there is so much confusion!

So, there is no Dad figure in the house then? Does anyone have a timeline of when Bio Dad left, when step dad and Mom married and then divorced, etc?

This could explain some of the older boy issues.

I still wish we knew more about the foster care (alleged) as well!

and why has the media dropped the ball on this child????!!!!!

Hey guys - unless the brother has some connection to Kayleah's disappearance, there shall be no sleuthing of him. He is a minor and is a victim. I am sure he is very concerned about his sister.

I know he had some friends, but last I read, LE had cleared them or at least the one in question, correct?

Unless LE names and charges a minor - they are hands off. I know that is difficult in this case, given Kayleah's age and the fact that all her friends will be around the same age, but I have faith you guys can do it!

Thanks,

Salem

On the fb page "Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return "

They mentioned that flyers went out on pizza boxes in Windy, WY
They are looking for a meeting place to set up the LRC volunteers.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=110710275614207

Ugh, seriously? Why are they using her old school picture that she looks nothing like now? I was hoping this organization would be more on top of it. This is really frustrating.

Oh my word, well no wonder there is so much confusion!

So, there is no Dad figure in the house then? Does anyone have a timeline of when Bio Dad left, when step dad and Mom married and then divorced, etc?

This could explain some of the older boy issues.

I do not agree with this statement. I've been divorced 7yrs and my ex lives 500 miles away and only sees his kids twice a year. My daughter is now 17 and I've never had an issue with "older" boys.....JMHO

It certainly is not meant to be a blanket statement, but it is an issue that is not all that uncommon, and while we can't seem to get any info. on it we also know that she has been in foster care, so there is or has been some stability issues on the core family front, it's just one piece of it, but they all add up.

It certainly is not meant to be a blanket statement, but it is an issue that is not all that uncommon, and while we can't seem to get any info. on it we also know that she has been in foster care, so there is or has been some stability issues on the core family front, it's just one piece of it, but they all add up.

Point taken :HBwhiteflag:

On the fb page "Prayers for Kayleah Wilson's Safe Return "

They mentioned that flyers went out on pizza boxes in Windy, WY
They are looking for a meeting place to set up the LRC volunteers.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=110710275614207
LOL Windy Wy is the whole state. I drive across the border from CO and the vehicle goes sideways. I also couldn't find population for such a place on the search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman