CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OUR 12yo KAYLEAH HAS NOW BEEN MISSING 52 DAYS AND NIGHTS!!!!!

justice for kayleah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Ruby, there was supposedly video of Kayleah at the mall. Here's the original post from Manybooks with the article and information. I do recall, though, that there was some confusion early on as to whether or not the video existed. Either way, it's never been released and I really think that would be what gets someone to remember.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100427/NEWS/100429695/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Stories of a missing Greeley girl being found — or her body being found — continue to circulate throughout Greeley and stream into the Greeley Police Department and to the missing girl's family.

The stories aren't true, and they're difficult for the family.

“It hurts when people do this,” said April Wilson, mother of Kayleah Wilson, 12, the Greeley girl who disappeared March 28. “It hurts because they aren't true, and because if people hear those stories, they'll stop looking for her.”

April Wilson said her 17-year-old son — Kayleah's brother, Mackenzie Wilson — hears the stories at school, the family gets calls at home saying she's been found, and her friends have also been receiving calls and text messages relaying the false stories.

“We just wish people would stop,” April Wilson said.

Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych called the rumors “counterproductive. They hurt the case and her family.”

The number of officials working the case has dropped significantly since the girl was first reported missing. There are now two Greeley detectives, two FBI agents and two agents from the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit working full-time on the case. They still have a control room set up where they take tips and keep material and information on the case.

Kayleah Wilson disappeared March 28 after she left home to walk to meet a friend for a birthday party. She apparently crossed the U.S. 34 Bypass on foot and walked through the Greeley Mall parking lot that afternoon; police have surveillance photos showing her alone in the mall parking lot.

The case has brought widespread publicity and more than 50 FBI agents came to Greeley to investigate the case for two weeks.

Police also released information about a 44-year-old man who was termed a “person of interest” in the case. The man, who once lived in two apartment complexes south of the Greeley Mall, was contacted and cleared.

The Behavioral Science Unit team from the FBI recently issued a list of behaviors that could fit a suspect, if indeed the girl has been abducted. Those behaviors include changing cars, growing or shaving off a beard, or becoming abnormally interested in the case.

The reward for information that leads to the closure of the case was raised to $20,000 because the investigators haven't been getting as many leads in recent days, said special agent-in-charge Jim Davis.

I hate to say this but I think it is time for cadaver dogs. If they already haven't been used. Just a thought

I thought they had a witness and video of her at the mall ?

Yes Ruby, you are right! Thank you! That is so important and I'm sorry, I misread the question. Mom was the last person who saw her at 3:40. After that there is video and two witnesses.

Yes Ruby, you are right! Thank you! That is so important and I'm sorry, I misread the question. Mom was the last person who saw her at 3:40. After that there is video and two witnesses.

Okay. So the friend that she was supposed to meet en route to the birthday party....where was she supposed to meet this friend and at what time? The mall? Was the friend waiting at arranged meeting place? If so, why did the friend not bring to anyones' attention that Kayleah did not show at prearranged meeting place? If the friend was NOT waiting, why not? Who is said mentioned friend?

Also, who last saw Kayleah before her mom did at 3:40pm? And who else was in the home at the time?

Okay. So the friend that she was supposed to meet en route to the birthday party....where was she supposed to meet this friend and at what time?

In the Greeley Tribune article with a timeline (I apologize - i don't have time to find the link right now - i will this evening if no one has it handy) it said she was to meet near the intersection of Hwy 34 and 23rd Avenue. There is an underpass here with traffic lights at both ramps. I recall really wondering WHERE, becuase this is an awkward area. Also, I'm pretty sure that article had the police drawn map which showed that she could have gone directly east from her apt (toward this intersection), or crossed the highway by her apartment and then east.

I'm pretty sure the rest of these questions have never been answered in the media.
The mall? Was the friend waiting at arranged meeting place? If so, why did the friend not bring to anyones' attention that Kayleah did not show at prearranged meeting place? If the friend was NOT waiting, why not? Who is said mentioned friend?

Also, who last saw Kayleah before her mom did at 3:40pm? And who else was in the home at the time?

In the Greeley Tribune article with a timeline (I apologize - i don't have time to find the link right now - i will this evening if no one has it handy) it said she was to meet near the intersection of Hwy 34 and 23rd Avenue. There is an underpass here with traffic lights at both ramps. I recall really wondering WHERE, becuase this is an awkward area. Also, I'm pretty sure that article had the police drawn map which showed that she could have gone directly east from her apt (toward this intersection), or crossed the highway by her apartment and then east.

I'm pretty sure the rest of these questions have never been answered in the media.

Thank you manybooks, I'll do a search for the article you mentioned.
And it seems like these questions should have been answered in the media right away. Hmm.

Ok...so it looks like the FBI chose to specifically not release the info on the friend Kayleah was supposed to meet, or the exact location she was seen on video outside the mall. The mall would be past the meeting location, so friend was likely not at the meeting place, or else did not accompany Kayleah to the mall, or was otherwise elsewhere when Kayleah was spotted on the surveillance video?

She was seen at lunch by people other than her mother prior to leaving for the birthday party. Who else was at lunch other than grandmother etc? Employees, staff, friends, other diners?

No media note on who else was in the home at the time.

What does Kayleah use the inhaler for, and how frequently? Traditional brochodilator? Seasonal allergies? Stress induced?
What was the weather like that afternoon? (I'll search for this.)

And last of all...anyone know what resources the Laura Recovery Center used in their search efforts?

One other note:
Jim Davis, Denver FBI- still active as SAC on this case.

did she actually meet up with the friend? did she ever make it to the party?

did she actually meet up with the friend? did she ever make it to the party?

I haven't heard any reports of her making it to the party. I think the furthest she got was leaving the mall and walking towards the party.

it said she was to meet near the intersection of Hwy 34 and 23rd Avenue. There is an underpass here with traffic lights at both ramps. I recall really wondering WHERE, becuase this is an awkward area. Also, I'm pretty sure that article had the police drawn map which showed that she could have gone directly east from her apt (toward this intersection), or crossed the highway by her apartment and then east.

I wondered where also. More so...was the friend actually there (did LE determine who the friend was, question them? Did they dermine if a friend waited and left or never showed up)? This would have then verified if Kayleah was actually on the corner, which it doesn't sound like they have. It is a very busy area, someone would or should have seen here! Not to mention the Red Lobster and Perkins on either side, I have wondered if anyone saw her while maybe even looking out the window of those two restaurants. (moo)

Greeley police are near 35th Avenue and U.S. 34 By pass where a ditch rider found a body early this morning.

Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, Greeley police spokesman, said the body is too badly decomposed to determine if it is a male or female. He said the ditch rider was checking the narrow ditch for any problems due to Tuesday's heavy rains at about 6 a.m. He came to a gate and when he opened that gate, as he always does, he noticed the body and contacted police.

The ditch runs underground from 47th to 35th Avenues and Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing for nearly two months after she disappeared in the area of the Greeley Mall while on the way to a friend's birthday party.

There was about 2 feet of water flowing in the ditch at the time the body was discovered this morning. The Weld County Coroner's office in on site of the discovery.

This just must be so scary....praying for AW and Kayleahs entire family..:(

Greeley police are near 35th Avenue and U.S. 34 By pass where a ditch rider found a body early this morning.

Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, Greeley police spokesman, said the body is too badly decomposed to determine if it is a male or female. He said the ditch rider was checking the narrow ditch for any problems due to Tuesday's heavy rains at about 6 a.m. He came to a gate and when he opened that gate, as he always does, he noticed the body and contacted police.
~~snip~~
BBM

Finding a body this close and in this spot is frightening - we discussed her possible route and locals thought this would be one of them. moo

GREELEY - Homicide detectives are on scene after someone found a decomposed body in a ditch Wednesday morning.

Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says the body was found around 6 a.m. in a ditch near 29th Street and 35th Avenue.

He says the body is decomposed so at this time they are unsure of its gender.

Tymkowych says the body was found behind the old Kendall Printing location in a commercial area, across the street from Frontier Academy and a church.
The body was found in an area near where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson went missing on March 28. Kayleah was last seen leaving her home to walk to a friend's birthday party, but never arrived.

9NEWS has a crew en route. Check back frequently for updates to this story.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139247&catid=339

This would be definetely be in the same area. There are these business and the ditch and fields behind.

I hate that this may be the outcome but hope it give her family some peace. Praying for all involved.

Can someone explain to me the term "ditch rider"? i am assuming this is a city employee or highway dept. personnel assigned to make sure drainage areas are functioning and not blocked by debris, but have never heard this term used before.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member