CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeley police are near 35th Avenue and U.S. 34 By pass where a ditch rider found a body early this morning.

Sgt. Joe Tymkowych, Greeley police spokesman, said the body is too badly decomposed to determine if it is a male or female. He said the ditch rider was checking the narrow ditch for any problems due to Tuesday's heavy rains at about 6 a.m. He came to a gate and when he opened that gate, as he always does, he noticed the body and contacted police.
~~snip~~

When the worker opened a water-control gate, as he always does, he spotted the body and called 911, the Tribune said.The ditch runs underground from 47th to 35th Avenues, and Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Wilson.There was about 2 feet of water flowing in the ditch at the time the body was discovered this morning. The Weld County Coroner's office in on site of the discovery.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html

:(

Oh no, no no. I really hope this isn't Kayleah. I'd rather everyone wait a year to find her alive than for this to be her. I need to look at the maps someone posted in the first thread. It had been noted that there was a vacant lumber mill and something else along the route. I thought these were before the mall. Remember, she supposedly made it to the mall. Were is this supposed location in relation to the mall? I will go and try to find that. I will be gutted if this is Kayleah. For once, just once, I want a happy ending.

GREELEY - Homicide detectives are on scene after someone found a decomposed body in a ditch Wednesday morning.

Greeley Police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych says the body was found around 6 a.m. in a ditch near 29th Street and 35th Avenue.

He says the body is decomposed so at this time they are unsure of its gender.

Tymkowych says the body was found behind the old Kendall Printing location in a commercial area, across the street from Frontier Academy and a church.
The body was found in an area near where 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson went missing on March 28. Kayleah was last seen leaving her home to walk to a friend's birthday party, but never arrived.

9NEWS has a crew en route. Check back frequently for updates to this story.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139247&catid=339

This would be definetely be in the same area. There are these business and the ditch and fields behind.

Do any locals know how far the Kendell Printing location is from Kayleah's home and where it is in relation to the mall? TIA

Do any locals know how far the Kendell Printing location is from Kayleah's home and where it is in relation to the mall? TIA

My map links never work.....but I will try to get this to post

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Sorry....still can't make it work.....just type in Greeley Colorado and move the map to 35th Ave and Hwy 34....it gives a great street view there

Oh no, no no. I really hope this isn't Kayleah. I'd rather everyone wait a year to find her alive than for this to be her. I need to look at the maps someone posted in the first thread. It had been noted that there was a vacant lumber mill and something else along the route. I thought these were before the mall. Remember, she supposedly made it to the mall. Were is this supposed location in relation to the mall? I will go and try to find that. I will be gutted if this is Kayleah. For once, just once, I want a happy ending.

This could have been one of her routes, after she left home. 29th is just south of Hwy 34. It is a street lined with business, you are right the vacant lumber store and it has the hotels on the other side.

This is just so heartbreaking :(

Can someone explain to me the term "ditch rider"? i am assuming this is a city employee or highway dept. personnel assigned to make sure drainage areas are functioning and not blocked by debris, but have never heard this term used before.

TIA

You are right, they actually work for the Ditch water companies, they drive the ditches daily to check usage meters and debris. Greeley had a pretty big storm yesterday afternoon and another one last night. Lots of rain. This area had been already searched though, I thought.

You are right, they actually work for the Ditch water companies, they drive the ditches daily to check usage meters and debris. Greeley had a pretty big storm yesterday afternoon and another one last night. Lots of rain. This area had been already searched though, I thought.

Article said the area was searched twice.

They either missed her or someone moved her there from another previous dump spot.

Today is the 53rd day Kayleah has been missing - for the sake of her family and loved ones, I hope this is the end of their nightmare.

Depending on the direction of water flow, the body could have been moved by water at some point in time. This area is just too close to be anyone other than this child, and there are no other missing persons being sought in that city at this time are there?

Quoted from the Greeley Trib "She left the family home in the 2800 block of 28th St."

This may give a better idea of where she was coming from.

Help me locals - please. Kayleah was identified by two different people at the mall and caught on video - how far is the mall from this spot? I've always thought she could have been abducted in the parking lot of the mall and taken away. moo

Depending on the direction of water flow, the body could have been moved by water at some point in time. This area is just too close to be anyone other than this child, and there are no other missing persons being sought in that city at this time are there?

Yep, I was thinking this too. The rain was very heavy last night. Noone in the news that I know of is missing. Greeley is big but also small enough that if someone else was missing it would be in the news. moo

I feel the same way, this is just way to close....:(

bilde

Greeley investigators look down to where a body was found early Wednesday morning in a irrigation ditch near 35th Avenue and 29th Street, behind Kendall Printing.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100519/NEWS/100519629/1051&ParentProfile=1001

H?elp me locals - please. Kayleah was identified by two different people at the mall and caught on video - how far is the mall from this spot? I've fe always thought she could have been abducted in the parking lot of the mall in the truck and taken away. moo

This location is maybe a mile if that from the mall, it is very close. Maybe a 5 minute drive from Kendall Printing to the Mall.

29th where they are investigating runs mainly east and west and intersects with 23rd which is where the mall is.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...nd+in+Greeley+ditch+near+home+of+missing+girl

Coloradoan staff • May 19, 2010

GREELEY - Police are investigating the possibility that a body found in a ditch this morning may be a 12-year-old Greeley girl who has been missing since March 28.

Greeley police Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said at about 9:30 a.m. crews were preparing to extricate the body from the ditch.

Tymkowych also said the body is unidentifiable at this point, but it was found near the home of Kayleah Wilson in southwest Greeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne