CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it's a scam :(

eta: this isn't anything against you in any way, manybooks.

I *totally* understand - as a matter of fact the reason I posted the comment under the link is because i *know* of reasons why the site owner is not trustworthy, and it makes me sad that she (who was a stranger to Kayleah's family) has gained their trust, and ANGRY that she is possibly now blatantly soliciting funds in kayleah's name.

I believe that she is partially legitimately, honestly acting in empathy and wanting to help. But I *know* (and this information is partly from personal experience, and partly from things that are public record - do some basic sluething) she should NOT be trusted with money! I wish I knew how to deal with this! I don't feel that I can just call up Kayleah's family and warn them about her... and she honestly IS giving her time and energy toward helping in the search for Kayleah... AND maybe (i HOPE) that she is not dealing with the money. Given her history, if she has entirely honest and selfless intentions to help Kayleah and her family, she (the site owner) should step back completely from the finances. And given the name of the website, it does not appear that way to me. :furious:

she (the site owner) should step back completely from the finances. And given the name of the website, it does not appear that way to me. :furious:

Agreeing...I couldn't find any info on where the donations are going on the website. A website promoting themselves as a "fund" and asking for donations especially in such a delicate situation as Kayleahs dissaperance should have a clear explanation as to the purpose of why and where the monies are going. Good intentions or not...when money is involved, there are always legal issues that could come up. If it were me, I would have a comittee formed (w/a treasurer) pronto to take care of the different aspects and to cover my back just in case. I would also put the "c" back in recovery. :) (moo..as always)

12yo Kayleah has now been missing 34 nights!

How 'bout some justice for Kayleah?

http://thekalyeahwilsonreoveryfund.webs.com/

Another way to keep spreading the word and keep Kayleah's beautiful face out there.

HOWEVER, I must add this disclaimer - There are things that really concern me about this, but I will note that I wish they didn't name the website with the word "fund" - It should be about Kayleah. , not about money - and I will advise people to do their research before making any kind of donation if you aren't fully aware of where the $ is going and/or who is managing the fund.

All I am getting now is "page not found". Has anyone else tried and is it working?

All I am getting now is "page not found". Has anyone else tried and is it working?

It looks like it's been taken down. Hopefully the person who initiated the site had good intentions but found a better way to raise any necessary funds.

I hope they can find someone more literate at the school or library maybe who could put up a page, and that is clear in its intentions as to collect funds for searches, billboards, or whatever. Having dubious sites such as the one above may be is not going to help if it drives people away. I am sure someone qualified will donate their time to build a site.

Not working for me either.

FWIW, I never got a response to my question regarding who started the site and where the money goes.

If a fund can't spell Kayleah or recovery, that says it all.

If a fund can't spell Kayleah or recovery, that says it all.

Seems the new site fixed that. I sent another email asking for details as to where the donations go.

I'm getting Page Not Found now. I tried it earlier when I saw the initial posts and it came up. I clicked the Donation button and it said it wasn't yet activated. Something about having to wait 7 days on that site for some kind of activation.

MT's personal fb page has a post on her wall about April (I am assuming meaning Kayleah's mom) and her making the above mentioned website together on 4/28/10.

The twitter link on the above website goes directly to April's personal twitter account that she had prior to Kayleah going missing.

Bumping this morning for Kayleah...

MT's personal fb page has a post on her wall about April (I am assuming meaning Kayleah's mom) and her making the above mentioned website together on 4/28/10.

The twitter link on the above website goes directly to April's personal twitter account that she had prior to Kayleah going missing.

I've not received an answer to my email. As soon as I do I'll post it here.

Rain hampered already-slow search efforts Saturday for Kayleah Wilson, 12, the sixth-grader from Greeley who has been missing since March 28.

Michelle Thompson, who has organized a Facebook page in support of Kayleah, called off the effort at 2:30 p.m. as rain began to steadily fall on searchers. Even before the rain appeared, Thompson said search efforts had grown “very, very slow.”

In all, 52 people showed up Saturday at Journey Christian Church, 2332 27th St. in Greeley, to search for Kayleah.

“It just seems to be at a standstill,” Thompson said. “I just wish that we could get more people out there so we could cover more area. The police don't have the manpower, and as long as we can have the community help out, that's all that really counts.”

“It's just getting them out there to help.”

Earlier in the week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation scaled back its forces looking for Kayleah, though tips on her whereabouts are still being accepted. Authorities also increased the reward for information leading to her discovery to $20,000.
~~snip~~

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640

I am absolutely devestated at how LE is handling her case!!!! They are literally killing public support with their approach and responses! I am speechless!

I am absolutely devestated at how LE is handling her case!!!! They are literally killing public support with their approach and responses! I am speechless!

LE calls Kayleah a run-away and right away that dampens the spirit of those who may search...why search if she ran away?

By the time LE begin to rethink the scenario, days have gone by - trash bins emptied, motel rooms cleaned, memories fading, evidence destroyed, and for most, interest carries no urgency.

My biggest concern is this could become a trend - call the child a run-a-way and the perp has few immediate worries. Call the child a run-a-way and the cost of the investigative search becomes another county or state's problem. Call the child a run-a-way and soon the perp will stage all abductions to look like a run-a-way. I call that serious!!! moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy