CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thinking, all the way around. This young, young lady seems older than her years. What is the info police have on her internet connections? Was she very unhappy at home? Would she be "gutsy" (translation naive/vulnerable) enough to meet up and leave with someone, as too many teenage girls have done?

Looking at this picture of her, she looks a lot older then 12. This is my theory, she met the wrong person one the Internet, agreed to meet him and he took her. Even if they didn't have a computer at home she could have used a friends. But if they didn't have a computer how did they post on fb. Why are they using the sweet innocent pictures of Kayleah, they should be using the way she looks now. The original pictures I saw when she went missing does not look like her at all. In fact that one picture that has her sitting with a hat on made me wonder if she was on Meth. Just wondering out loud.

And -- the problem with being so young is -- well, you're so young, and you cannot possibly fathom the danger that lurks, not just on the internet, but on the streets, and in many other places. I sincerely hope that she did not fall prey to a seemingly charming poseur (predator) on the internet. Even kids who seem "advanced" are still kids -- and on the internet, it's just so so easy to fool people as to who you really are -- and there are just enough morally challenged/evil people sitting behind those keyboards to be a real threat to young people

Also...young people tend to be more optimistic, more trusting, and, at times -- desperate for that "something" they believe is missing in their lives. Well for that matter there are plenty of adults who feel that way too - - and they do stuff like walking away without telling anyone

Great thinking, all the way around. This young, young lady seems older than her years. What is the info police have on her internet connections? Was she very unhappy at home? Would she be "gutsy" (translation naive/vulnerable) enough to meet up and leave with someone, as too many teenage girls have done?

Kayleah is only 12, not a teenager. She has now been gone 45 nights (since March 28th). I have a difficult time calling this child a run-a-way. moo

I honestly can't remember if they had a computer or not, I do know the vast majority of her myspace posts were done via a web enabled device (smart phone or itouch) and NOT via a computer. It was stated she didn't have an cell, so she was either using her Mom's (sometimes late at night) or someone else's or an itouch. Anyone close to the family that could find out if an itouch was even in the picture?

AW twitter was kept updated via netlog...does anyone know what this is?

Her brothers ms page, if I remember had not been updated for quite a few months. But, wondering if she had access at school, my kids do, although it does have a pretty good parental control on it. But they still have access to kids sites like Millsbury and this has email and chat. Also, they can access FB and email accounts such as yahoo, hotmail, etc. What about xbox live (or any gaming devices), I think you can access live chat and internet via the phone line (it's costly though). Also, going to check Hastings website to see if they have an internet cafe or if there are any in the mall, does anyone local know? Just throwing out ideas...predators troll these chat and gaming sites. It's truly disturbing...:(

Many twelve year olds feel like they're older -- the problem is, they're not, and they lack the life experience to perceive and discern when they're in danger. She may have felt she met a true friend online -- someone she perhaps wanted to visit. It's just a possibility that should be checked out. The odds are also there that someone "offered her a ride" -- and took her

JSTSYS - So curious about the 12 girls you have found similar to Kayleah - is there any way I can help you with the data? Would you be willing to share the names and location of the 12 (11 without Kayleah). TIA

I'd be happy to share that privately, eyes. I just would not want to see Kayleah's thread overrun with assumptions that all of the cases are related due to similar parameters.
There are many possibilities as to where these missing children might be, kwim?

Thanks.

Looking at this picture of her, she looks a lot older then 12. This is my theory, she met the wrong person one the Internet, agreed to meet him and he took her. Even if they didn't have a computer at home she could have used a friends. But if they didn't have a computer how did they post on fb. Why are they using the sweet innocent pictures of Kayleah, they should be using the way she looks now. The original pictures I saw when she went missing does not look like her at all. In fact that one picture that has her sitting with a hat on made me wonder if she was on Meth. Just wondering out loud.

Which picture are you referring to, lilcat? What makes you think Kayleah would be on meth??
TIA....
JTSYS

AW twitter was kept updated via netlog...does anyone know what this is? Her brothers ms page, if I remember had not been updated for quite a few months. But, wondering if she had access at school, my kids do, although it does have a pretty good parental control on it. But they still have access to kids sites like Millsbury and this has email and chat. Also, they can access FB and email accounts such as yahoo, hotmail, etc. What about xbox live (or any gaming devices), I think you can access live chat and internet via the phone line (it's costly though). Also, going to check Hastings website to see if they have an internet cafe or if there are any in the mall, does anyone local know? Just throwing out ideas...predators troll these chat and gaming sites. It's truly disturbing...:(

Yes. And yes on many gaming devices as well- phone lines and wifi as well.

Angiejean, what newspaper article? Would you mind posting a link if you have one, I would be interested in reading that article. Thanks!

Somber Mother's Day doesn't slow down Kayleah's mom and the search for her missing daughter

Kayleah loved Mother's Day.

The soon-to-be 13-year-old for years made the holiday a special one for her mother.

“Mother's Day was her thing,” April Wilson said Saturday as she sat in the command center of a search for her daughter in Windsor. “She always did something, like make cards with little sayings. She'd look them up on the Internet and print it off and make cards.”

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100509/NEWS/100509685/1002&parentprofile=1001

[/B]

Which picture are you referring to, lilcat? What makes you think Kayleah would be on meth??
TIA....
JTSYS

I am sorry Justtoseeyousmile that I didn't see your post yesterday. I thought I had the picture, but I don't. Maybe someone else has it. It is the first picture that was posted where she looked older. That picture made me wonder, it looked like she had some breaking out on her face and she looked thiner. It was just an Idea I had, I am probably wrong, maybe I should not have posted it. But something went wrong, what we don't know.

I am sorry Justtoseeyousmile that I didn't see your post yesterday. I thought I had the picture, but I don't. Maybe someone else has it. It is the first picture that was posted where she looked older. That picture made me wonder, it looked like she had some breaking out on her face and she looked thiner. It was just an Idea I had, I am probably wrong, maybe I should not have posted it. But something went wrong, what we don't know.

Bolded by me- this is certainly true.

I was just curious as to what would make someone think of a missing 12 year old as a meth user. Skin problems are common in preadolescents and adolescents. Perhaps I missed this somewhere, but are you local to the area? If so, do you perceive there to be a large meth and/or other manufactured drug issue(s) in the area?

TIA.

JTSYS

Checked with the library, the only requirements for using thier computers is that you need a library card. (minors need parental permission to get one). There are filters on the internet, but kids pretty much have access to all sites, gaming, chatrooms, social etc. (also found out kids have ways around blocks by using proxy websites) They can access thier email accounts. The library cards do not track the websites they use, this is a privacy issue.

So basically if she did meet someone (bad) through the libraries computers LE would not be able to go back and track her usage. Kinda scary....

Checked with the library, the only requirements for using thier computers is that you need a library card. (minors need parental permission to get one). There are filters on the internet, but kids pretty much have access to all sites, gaming, chatrooms, social etc. (also found out kids have ways around blocks by using proxy websites) They can access thier email accounts. The library cards do not track the websites they use, this is a privacy issue.

So basically if she did meet someone (bad) through the libraries computers LE would not be able to go back and track her usage. Kinda scary....

Thanks for that info angiejean. They would, however, likely be able to check usage if they seized the actual computers.
ETA: Perhaps not an individuals' actual usage (although that's possible also) but the internet 'tracks' laid on each individual computer.

At libraries here, you have to reserve a computer and they know which one you have used and what time you start and finish. They are very strict about it here so I imagine they would be able to see exactly what a person did on it, if they needed to. Maybe it is like this in Greeley?
Do we know if Kayleah took any mobile device with her on that Sunday afternoon? I think she did not, but just wondered. I am assuming (?) that whatever devices she had access to have been checked to see what sites she was visiting? Especially with FBI there at one point.
This case drives me nuts...I feel like I am missing this little girl, who so resembles my niece at that age, can't imagine how her mom and dad feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx