CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me try this map;

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40... 80634, United States___a_&mode=D&rtop=0~0~0~

Seems to work if you scroll over the number 3 on the legend it will show where I believe the underground ditch would run just do to building and road placements....

Thanks mysticrose. Is that spot on the map at 47th the actual origination point of the drainage system?

No It is not if you follow it with the map it winds around goes under the roads a few times it is very long I am trying to follow it to the orgination point....seems to be an irrigation ditch to me for the farmers and such ... I will keep looking :)

A few years ago, my friend had a heart attack and ended up in South Boulder Creek in Pinecliff, Co. The force of the water tore all of his clothes off in a few short hours. Now this was a mountain creek that was raging from spring runoff, so I'm unsure if a drainage ditch has the kind of velocity to do this. Could just sitting in water make clothes disintegrate after almost two months?

No, clothes would not disintegrate, I am fairly sure. They could have been torn off by rocks and/or water pressure, but surely not socks, etc...something should be left...

No, clothes would not disintegrate, I am fairly sure. They could have been torn off by rocks and/or water pressure, but surely not socks, etc...something should be left...

I think so too. Something should be left.

Most likely, this is a neighborhood guy she knew well enough to accept a ride. Someone who saw her at the mall and did it on the spur of the moment, or who had been shadowing or watching her for some time and wanting to get an opportunity. He might even have lured her to meet him at the mall, with her saying she was going to the party.

I wonder if those mall cameras cover the entire parking area? It sounds as though quite a large area was basically abandoned as far as people went. I think Kayleah was taken there and probably even killed right there and then dumped. I'm wondering if the family had any enemies? Not that I can imagine hating anyone enough to kill a child but it seems to me like more than coincidence is at play here.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html

(snips)
Greeley told 7NEWS it could be days before the body is officially identified through dental records or even DNA.

Investigators were at that vigil with cameras, documenting the event. The pictures and video captured will be looked at in hopes of they reveal clues that can be used in the investigation.

Investigators conducted an intensive search in and along the ditch. Police officers with probing poles waded in the water to search the ditch and its banks for additional clues. The ditch was drained so investigators could get a closer look at the bottom of the canal.

Investigators recovered evidence near the body, but Tymkowych declined to say what was found, saying police need to protect the ongoing investigation. Greeley police also collected evidence from a culvert across from Kayleah's home.

The water in the ditch runs northeast -- or toward Kayleah's home.

If the report of the culverts Northeast flow is correct, I'm just not seeing how her body accidently ended up where it was. It had to have been put in the water further south our west of where she ended up.

This is really looking more and more (to me) as if this perp is someone who lived very near Kayleah...if they are finding possible evidence so close to her apartment complex...

No, it wouldn't have been a walk home. Where she was found looks like it is in the opposite direction of where she was supposed to be going. IMO I think she was taken at or near her apartment.

Where she was going isn't that far from where the body was found anyway. Just about anything could have happened, I don't think we can make any conclusions about the relative directions involved.

Also from the Tribune - this could answer some questions we've had about the ditch

Body found: A closer look at the ditch

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100520/NEWS/100519607/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Interesting - in this article it says that the ditch hadn't been opened up yet, until Tuesday. So it would have been dry before then, when the area had been searched before.

So I'm wondering, literally, where could it have come from? Usually there are "gates" along the ditches, where anything large couldn't get through. I just don't know where these are located.

The Greeley-Loveland Irrigation Canal was built in 1890, according to Ron Brinkman, the secretary of the ditch company. It was one of the ditch company's riders who found the body about 6 a.m. Wednesday.

The ditch rider did not want to talk about the discovery.

Brinkman said the water for the ditch is usually turned on in early May, but was delayed until Tuesday because of precipitation in the area.
The ditch begins at Boyd Lake north of Loveland, and carries water through the Johnstown-Milliken area, through St. Michaels Center to 47th Avenue, where it goes underground for about a mile.

Along that underground tube, manholes and gratings have been built to allow access to the underground ditch for repairs. It comes to the surface again at 35th Avenue, about a quarter-mile from where the body was found.

After the open ditch flows behind Trinity Lutheran School and the Sunset Memorial Gardens cemetery,
Snipped from the article Greeley Trib.com

So this is basically a farming irrigation ditch not a drainage (from the parking lots in the area) which means the only water running through it all winter, and in the last 2 months were runoff from snows and rains.

If the ditch rider checked it regularly, most recent last Tues, you would think he would have seen her at the location they found her as there would not be as much water in it. Which means she was probably in the pipe portion. With the only water running being runoff would that have taken her clothes....I hate asking this question... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth