CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this morning, I'm SURE I saw an early news report about the arrested 18 year old.... that he had taken a polygraph and passed. ...and in the same item, the announcer also said that there was no evidence supporting that Kayleah had ever been pregnant.

So I have been trying to track down the news video, and I don't see it anywhere. I googled "Montoya" and "polygraph" , and nothing came up.
Did I just imagine it?! Any suggestions on how to do an effective search? I certainly do not want to mention anything that can't be verified.

Thanks, and praise for your thoughtful ideas.

welcome.gif

What TV station were you watching?

(snipped)

And this morning, I'm SURE I saw an early news report about the arrested 18 year old.... that he had taken a polygraph and passed. ...and in the same item, the announcer also said that there was no evidence supporting that Kayleah had ever been pregnant.

So I have been trying to track down the news video, and I don't see it anywhere. I googled "Montoya" and "polygraph" , and nothing came up.
Did I just imagine it?! Any suggestions on how to do an effective search? I certainly do not want to mention anything that can't be verified.

Welcome, b2alicia. I haven't read or heard anything about a polygraph. I Googled "Kayleah Wilson, Montoya, polygraph" and came up with nothing. I'm not a very seasoned sleuther, but maybe someone else on the thread can give you some tips.

This same paper calls Montoya "Kayleah's boyfriend" in at least two headlines...so I am not ready to give them the pat on the back they are looking for...

(snipped)

Welcome, b2alicia. I haven't read or heard anything about a polygraph. I Googled "Kayleah Wilson, Montoya, polygraph" and came up with nothing. I'm not a very seasoned sleuther, but maybe someone else on the thread can give you some tips.

I am an experienced sleuther and was unable to find anything under http://news.google.com or when conducting a Google search.

Since this case has been so high profile, I believe such an announcement would be picked up by the Associated Press. I also think the police department would issue a press release.

I also believe, if the TV station had inside, verifiable information to this effect, they would have published the video footage and an accompanying news article.

This is just my opinion, of course.

This is so sad it makes me want to cry. Bless this poor family and please help them heal,
Another candle to light another precious life lost...

welcome.gif

What TV station were you watching?

:rose:
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I don't remember which station was on. :(
I was flipping around... I thought it was either channel 2 or 4 in Denver, but when I looked them up, nothing.

*sigh* maybe I DID doze off and dream it!

This is my first time posting on WS, but I have been lurking ever since poor Kayleah failed to return home from the birthday party. She has pulled at my heart strings from the very beginning. I live in a suburb north of Denver, and have done occasional work up in Greeley. I think I have even passed by the Wilson apartment, and I know the Greeley mall. So this is pretty close to home.

I was working yesterday, and a client there is a native of Greeley, and her parents still live there. She made an interesting point about the growth of the town. In the past year or so, there has been construction of a fancy new shopping mall about five miles west of town....so, much closer to Interstate 25. My client pointed out that now everyone shops at the new mall, and a large part of the old Greeley mall is deserted. In her opinion, it was almost a "ghost town." Just passing that along.

I think what the news report said is that the boyfriend had been interviewed and he was cooperating , that he was not considered a POI

But LE said he is a POI...as well as some others not named as yet.

The last I have heard was that the 18 year old, Robert Montoya, had been arrested on two counts of sexual assault on a child. LE commented about that being entirely separate from the murder investigation. I have not heard about what evidence LE had on RM for these two charges. But the FBI has said that they know how Kayleah died, so they will rule out RM pretty quickly if his savagry was limited to sexual assault.

GlassC

Is McKenzie the stepbrother, didn't he know what was going on with RM and Kayleah? Why didn't the mother report RM when she found out about Kayleah and him. I would have. Also I am not a FB or MS fan, so I don't know much about it. Is it normal to jump on the day your child is found murdered and post. Just thinking out loud

Is McKenzie the stepbrother, didn't he know what was going on with RM and Kayleah? Why didn't the mother report RM when she found out about Kayleah and him. I would have. Also I am not a FB or MS fan, so I don't know much about it. Is it normal to jump on the day your child is found murdered and post. Just thinking out loud

bbm

It is not something I would do. Everyone is different, though.

The last I have heard was that the 18 year old, Robert Montoya, had been arrested on two counts of sexual assault on a child. LE commented about that being entirely separate from the murder investigation. I have not heard about what evidence LE had on RM for these two charges. But the FBI has said that they know how Kayleah died, so they will rule out RM pretty quickly if his savagry was limited to sexual assault.

GlassC

"Sexual assault on a child" doesn't necessarily mean actual assault - more likely it was consensual but the girls involved were not legally allowed to consent. It doesn't imply that such a person would necessarily be capable of murder or violence, but if someone had a habit of indulging in those sorts of relationships it might be a motive for that especially if there was a possibility of pregnancy or something else that could expose the relationship beyond all doubt. A revelation like that would sort of be like a personal nuclear explosion and anything would be possible in the immediate aftermath IMO.

Is the stepbrother, didn't he know what was going on with RM and Kayleah? Why didn't the mother report RM when she found out about Kayleah and him. I would have. Also I am not a FB or MS fan, so I don't know much about it. Is it normal to jump on the day your child is found murdered and post. Just thinking out loud
McKenzie appears to be Kayleah's full blooded brother.
April Wilson said her 17-year-old son — Kayleah's brother — hears the stories at school, the family gets calls at home saying she's been found, and her friends have also been receiving calls and text messages relaying the false stories.
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100427/NEWS/100429695/1002&parentprofile=1001
SBM

Social networks have exploded in the last few years and people have been criticized for going on them during personal tragedies. The lady who tweeted her son's drowning and Jennifer Hudson's sister going on MS after her family was slaughtered come to mind. I see nothing wrong with it at all, in fact I think it's good for people to have these kind of support groups online. Whatever gets you through your tragedy is fine by me. I saw JHUDs sis's ms, and I thought personally I would get great comfort knowing I had the good wishes of so many, and that my son touched the hearts of all who saw the story. Beautiful comments from all around the country. Then of course people started bashing her and she had to make her page private.

The Colorado state law:
Sexual Assault on a Child (18-3-405)

1. Any actor who knowingly subjects another not his or her spouse to any sexual contact commits sexual assault on a child if the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

I just wanted to post this (sorry if it already was and I missed it).... "Any sexual contact" can have a lot of meanings- usually going beyond "just a kiss" in my experience, but can include "just" touching, fondling, etc. Even if it's through clothing. (Please note that I put " " around those because I am not in any way trying to minimize those actions of a 17 or 18 yr old on a 12 y/o... just trying to differentiate)

So, two things jump to my mind about this-
1). Keeping in mind that the two may not have had intercourse (and I pray this is true)
2). They may have had some interaction that falls in this category on the day K disappeared, but it may not have been intercourse.

Oh! and 3), ITA with those who have said this was a good time for them to grab him and hold him while the rest of the investigation takes place.

(I simply googled this to find it. In working with high school kids, I have to keep up with these issues - sadly- in my state... but I've found that each state can be a little different in definition)

ETA: Mysticrose posted two down (#100) that the court documents state "a sexual relationship", which certainly does sound like they are indicating intercourse, but still isn't specific to that... So frustrating not to have clarity- not trying to say we should be privy to the intimate details of this child's life, but the specifics could lend a lot toward R's motive to be involved in K's murder-- MOO

http://www.greeleytribune.com/articl...ntProfile=1001
~~snip~~ snipped from link above:
BBM

Robert Laurencio Montoya, 18, of Greeley is considered a “person of interest” in the case, Tymkowych said. “...one of several persons of interest.” He is being held in the Weld County Jail on charges of the sexual assault on a child and sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse.

All court records on the case have been sealed by the Weld District Attorney's Office.
~~~~~~~snip~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This case is about the murder of a 12yo child and the SA of a 12yo child. From what I've read it's being portrayed as if two college students were in love and gosh - this poor guy is suspected of hurting her. Media sounds as though any 12yo can consent to sex - seems they forget about statutory rape and what it means. I'm sick and tired of Kayleah being demeaned:

...Demeaned by being called a 'run-a-way and
...Demeaned by assuming she had consensual sex and
...Demeaned by not focusing on Robert's predator behavior and
...Demeaned because, at the age of 12, she didn't know about pedophilia, the grooming process, and how a pedophile gains access to his victim.

Thanks to the judge who sealed all records on this case! NO body deserves the headlines this 12yo child has received. I'm disgusted!!! moo

Mother of murdered girl says she didn't know about 18-year-old boyfriend
1 hr ago

GREELEY - A spokesperson for the mother of a 12-year-old girl whose body was found earlier this week released a statement on Saturday on the arrest of the girl's former boyfriend.

Kayleah Wilson's body was found Wednesday morning in a drainage ditch in Greeley. She disappeared on March 28 when she left her house for a birthday party, but never arrived.

Greeley Police have said her death was not accidental.

Friday, police announced that on Wednesday night they had arrested Kayleah's former boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya, on charges of sexual assault on a child.

Court documents indicate the two had a sexual relationship that began in October.

Saturday, a spokesperson for April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, released a statement about the arrest: "Mrs. Wilson is very clear that she 'did not know she was involved with the young man, and when she did find out about the relationship, she quickly ended the relationship.'"

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139501&catid=339

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member