CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, she had not been identified...a body was found, they did not know if it was Kayleah's...so officially she was still missing...

Her remains were found at 6 a.m. and removed from the water at 10 a.m. He was arrested that same day (I'm unsure of time), but Kayleah was not identified officially until Thursday.

Are you saying that his arrest had nothing to do with remains being found? Since he was arrested before she was officially identified?

No, I was not saying that (above post) I was replying to a post about what seemed to be her name blacked out on affadavit saying "still not found" or something like that, meaning that she had not been offcially located...I do believe his arrest had to do with body being found...I think LE knew it was her at once, but just not officially...

exclamation%20point%20triangle.jpg
Greeley Police Ask For Any Information Regarding Kayleah Wilson
The Greeley Police Department announced on May 20 that the body of Kayleah Wilson has been found. Greeley police still need your assistance. If you have any information, please call the Greeley Police Department at 350-9600.
http://www.greeleygov.com/default.aspx

MONTOYA, ROBERT LAURENCIO arrested:05/19/10 at 20:50
Arresting Agency: GREELEY POLICE DEPARTMENT CO0620200
Booking Number: 1005859
DOB: 01/18/92
Custody Status

So he was arrested at 8:50 p.m., 14+ hours after she was found, but before she was officially identified.

Source: Choose Search By Date at http://www.weldsheriff.com/apps/dailyArrests/index.cfm and type in 05/19/2010. Scroll down for link to Robert's info.

For reference, Kayleah's body was found at 6 a.m., and removed from the water at 10 a.m.

The sources for those times are media.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15117338?source=rss

I don't know what time the public announcement was made. But I don't think comparing dental records would have taken that long. I think the family knew it was her Wednesday night and the public was told on Thursday.

Police met with Wilson's mother, April Wilson, before the public announcement, the chief said.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gn8IXcjcb6_Ima2NNrCSsomdjCUgD9FQTVKG0

He [Tymkowych] said it is unlikely that identification will come tonight [May 19].

About 10 a.m., the body was removed from the ditch and taken to McKee Medical Center for identification.
This [May 19] afternoon, Kayleah's mother, April Wilson returned to her home evidently distraught. Her grandmother, Brenda Jamison, said the family had been contacted by the Weld County Coroner, but would not say whether they had been told the body was Kayleah.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15117338?source=rss

FWIW, that article was updated in the early hours of May 20, and the autopsy had been completed and identification was expected soon.

Posted: 05/19/2010 09:40:49 AM MDTUpdated: 05/20/2010 01:54:52 AM MDT

IMO, the body was identified on May 19 before Robert was arrested.

IMO the information in the affidavit as indicated as having come from Robert was provided before May 19 and in conjunction with that information and the finding of her body, the warrant was issued and he was arrested in the evening of May 19.

I don't know what time the public announcement was made. But I don't think comparing dental records would have taken that long. I think the family knew it was her Wednesday night and the public was told on Thursday.

The public announcement came on Thursday at about 4:30. IMOO - I believe that this was delayed because that Thursday was the last day of school for students here in Greeley. In order for students to have a "relatively normal" last day of school, and get home, the announcement was made after the school day ended.

I wonder if RM thought she was pregnant and that is why he confessed to having sex with her, figuring they would find out anyway...hopefully not why he killed her, if he did...especially as it seems she was not

Bumping this. I am still thinking about Kayleah every day, hope to get some news soon.

Me too, waiiting on this case, Phuong's case and Venus' case for the labs to catch up with my impatience...especially since the other two cases do not have anyone in custody yet and we are not sure about the one in custody here...I hate thinking of the offenders in any of these cases going free, about their business and possibly harming others in the meantime...hurry up, CSI :(

Me too, waiiting on this case, Phuong's case and Venus' case for the labs to catch up with my impatience...especially since the other two cases do not have anyone in custody yet and we are not sure about the one in custody here...I hate thinking of the offenders in any of these cases going free, about their business and possibly harming others in the meantime...hurry up, CSI :(

Bumping up and catching up after being out of town. Although...there has not been much news and thank goodness Kayleah was not pregnant. Had a hard time believing that anyway.

Ditto...the wait is the hardest...knowing possibly someone is out there that could possibly do this to another child.

Bump........bump!!!!! I am so trying to keep up with the Kyron thread and can't due to working full time. I also recently read about the little black boy who was found and the papers complained that it was because he was black that he was given no coverage. I don't think that is it at all. It seems as though Hasanni was given lots of coverage. Kayleah..........not so much. Kyron has nine threads on him in less than a week.........sweet Kayleah...........only seven after all this time.

What is the difference, really, in whom we give our attention to? I can't say social status as both HaLeigh and Madeleine were given lots of attention and came from VERY different backgrounds. And I'm sure it's not color. And I don't think it's the parents as we've seen very vocal and totally silent ones. Nor is it how cute the child is......though I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder!

I think it comes down to the media...........a totally outside and unpredictable influence. One thing I have learned.........if I were ever to have a child missing (my youngest is 17 but I have grands), I would play that media for everything it is worth! I would present them with a collage of my child from birth onwards. I would beg for air time. If they wouldn't listen, I would dance naked on the roof top.........or IF they wanted me to talk and wrote stories about how I wouldn't, I would remain totally silent. I don't think Kayleah had the advantage of having a parent like me........like many of us; that are INFORMED of how to handle such a situation.

My heart just breaks and aches for this little girl. I know I could never have kept up with her case if it had been popular. Thus, I feel privileged to have gotten to know her (and her dad) so well. I really feel she was never given the attention she deserved..........in life or even in death. But I pray that there will be justice for Kayleah. Please help me from letting her slip to the second page.

Bump........bump!!!!! I am so trying to keep up with the Kyron thread and can't due to working full time. I also recently read about the little black boy who was found and the papers complained that it was because he was black that he was given no coverage. I don't think that is it at all. It seems as though Hasanni was given lots of coverage. Kayleah..........not so much. Kyron has nine threads on him in less than a week.........sweet Kayleah...........only seven after all this time.

What is the difference, really, in whom we give our attention to? I can't say social status as both HaLeigh and Madeleine were given lots of attention and came from VERY different backgrounds. And I'm sure it's not color. And I don't think it's the parents as we've seen very vocal and totally silent ones. Nor is it how cute the child is......though I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder!

I think it comes down to the media...........a totally outside and unpredictable influence. One thing I have learned.........if I were ever to have a child missing (my youngest is 17 but I have grands), I would play that media for everything it is worth! I would present them with a collage of my child from birth onwards. I would beg for air time. If they wouldn't listen, I would dance naked on the roof top.........or IF they wanted me to talk and wrote stories about how I wouldn't, I would remain totally silent. I don't think Kayleah had the advantage of having a parent like me........like many of us; that are INFORMED of how to handle such a situation.

My heart just breaks and aches for this little girl. I know I could never have kept up with her case if it had been popular. Thus, I feel privileged to have gotten to know her (and her dad) so well. I really feel she was never given the attention she deserved..........in life or even in death. But I pray that there will be justice for Kayleah. Please help me from letting her slip to the second page.

I agree. If one of my children or grandchildren went missing, I would be sure to do whatever it takes to keep it in the media, even if it meant acting completely insane and saying odd things to get attention.

You just never know what missing-child cases are going to draw people in -- they're all equally deserving of attention. I do think the younger the child the more attention they tend to get, though.

Wow. Very well said! I've been wondering this exact thing, just didn't know how to put it into words. Thanks button isn't enough! (Plus, this gives the thread a nudge as well.)

Still thinking about you Kayleah! Every day!

Kayleah's body naked body was found May 19th - about 25 days ago and still no arrest of any kind. What's going on, if anything? moo

Justice for Kayleah!

Yes, but Kyron is getting nationwide attention in spite of the fact that no one saw or heard from his family before yesterday, so theory does not hold up. It is the media who decides what is "interesting" to the majority of Americans, and unfortunately, IMO, upper or middle class white kids take the lead most often and hold it longer. I have never heard of Mackenzie other than on this forum and heard very little about Lindsey Baum, if anything, other than here. Kayleah got a bit of the national spotlight, but more after she was found dead. Some parents in other cases try desperately to get media interested and just can't. We all know the key words that make media turn away...i.e. runaway possibility, drugs, depression, family issues...family has to be so careful to get the media interested they practically have to edit everything they say and some are not so media-savvy. Very sad, but it has been this way for a long time, IMO.

I also wonder what is taking so long from CSI...and for Phuong Lee as well...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back