CO CO - Kaysey Yoder, 34, from Eaton, last seen between 5pm - 9pm at the Ault Liquor Store, Ault, 14 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“She told me the day before she had gone and walked across the street to one of those concrete irrigation inlets and she laid down in it,” Green said. She said she was going to lay there and wait for herself to freeze to death.”

This is confusing to me. I’m familiar with that area and her neighborhood. I am not aware of a concrete irrigation inlet “across the street” in this area or even close to it. All the irrigation ditches in this area are basically dirt berms on the side of the road. I’m not saying her friend isn’t being truthful, just that this does not line up with the area…

This is confusing to me. I’m familiar with that area and her neighborhood. I am not aware of a concrete irrigation inlet “across the street” in this area or even close to it. All the irrigation ditches in this area are basically dirt berms on the side of the road. I’m not saying her friend isn’t being truthful, just that this does not line up with the area…
This may have been what she had been referring to, I’m not sure. This is located at an intersection near their house. During that time of year, there would be no water flowing in it since it’s a seasonal irrigation ditch. Just snow from the storm. They usually are maybe 1 to 2 ft deep and a couple feet wide.

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 8
There is no way she could have just walked. And the weather was horrible the night she left, and the night prior, due to a winter storm.
If the weather was bad as you stated, I find it odd that her husband didn’t say anything about her leaving on foot that night (like maybe that’s not the best idea) JMO

If the weather was bad as you stated, I find it odd that her husband didn’t say anything about her leaving on foot that night (like maybe that’s not the best idea) JMO
I find that so confusing, too. We had just gotten 6"+ inches of snow over the course of two days before she went missing, and a couple more the night she went missing. And the afternoon she walked out at 4pm, it had been below 0 temperatures most of the day (and even lower wind chills) and getting colder as the sun was setting (which occurs about 5 pm that time of year). (The day before she went missing, it was even colder all day) The roads hadn't really been plowed everywhere yet following the snowfall (country roads), so just 'walking along the side of the road' or anywhere in those temperatures much of a distance at all would not have been the easiest task.

I put together a visual of the area. County rd 74 is the most frequently traveled road in the area of her neighborhood - it is paved but still in the country a few miles from town - maybe a car going by every 30 seconds to a minute (and likely a little less frequent that day due to the weather) as it is the main road folks take to get to nearby town of Eaton. All other roads shown on here are dirt. To get to County rd 74 - if that is the direction she went -, she would have needed to walk down Appy Rd (dirt, snowy) to where it cuts over and connects to County Rd 41 (dirt, snowy), and then continue south about 1/4 mile walk down to County Rd 74. Even though not a high volume road, I strongly feel she would have been noticed along that route and at County Rd 74 walking in those temps and in what she was wearing. All of the houses that line County Rd 41 also have a clear view out the back of their homes to County Rd 41 and no one in those homes happened to see her as she was walking either. (?) It all just is really confusing.

Attachments

• Appy Rd.JPG
    Appy Rd.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members