CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 21, 2018
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Looks like Frazee’s first appearance is set for New Years Eve at 9 a.m. He will be in court for advisement at 3:30 p.m. today. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KOAA
Du9b9VJUwAAC-gB.jpg

DEC 21, 2018
Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder
"Frazee was booked on suspicion of first-degree murder and solicitation to commit murder in the first degree, said 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May.

When reporters asked for specification on what the latter meant, May said it's illegal to "solicit somebody to commit another crime," whether it’s burglary, robbery or murder.

"(It's a crime) if you're soliciting someone to help out, and it isn't just a discussion, but you've done something that shows the firmness of your actions of which you intended to do," May said.

When asked whether more arrests could be coming, De Young said, “That’s an absolute possibility.”

May said details about the solicitation charge will be released when Frazee is formally charged, which he expects to occur in about 10 days at a court hearing.

Frazee was booked into the Teller County Jail in Divide on Friday morning.

The arrest affidavit is sealed, May said, and it could be up to a month before a judge decides whether to unseal documents related to the case."

DEC 21, 2018
Police: Colorado woman likely killed at home; fiance charged
he fiance of a Colorado woman who has been missing since Thanksgiving Day was arrested Friday on allegations of killing the mother of his child, and police said she likely died at her house in a mountain town.

Cheryl Berreth told NBC News that her daughter's relationship with Frazee had been good and loving.

She said the couple had weathered some financial struggles. Frazee runs a cattle ranch, and prices for the industry have been poor, delaying their plans to find a house and move in together, Cheryl Berreth said.

"They had plans that haven't worked out as they would have liked. But they've dealt with that and they've made things work regardless," she said.

The mother also told CBS that her daughter was looking forward to being married but said the couple had not set a wedding date.

A former boss said Kelsey Berreth was dating Frazee when she started working as a flight instructor at Springs Aviation in Peyton in 2016. She was "a little reserved and sometimes soft-spoken" but often talked about her then-boyfriend, company owner Bobby Hosmer said.

District Attorney Dan May says formal charges are pending and could take as long as 10 days to file. Frazee's arraignment has yet to be set, May said. He said the search and arrest affidavits will stay sealed for now.

Authorities said as many as 30 FBI agents are participating in the investigation in several states.

DEC 21, 2018
Kelsey Berreth's cousin speaks out for the first time since fiance's arrest | Daily Mail Online
  • JoDee Garretson, 50, of Washington, tells DailyMail.com she feels 'numb' over the news that her cousin Kelsey Berreth could be dead
  • Kelsey's fiancé Patrick Frazee, 32, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on Friday morning, weeks after she went missing
  • Garretson reveals the couple met online two years ago and that Frazee had helped Kelsey, 29, moved from Washington to Colorado months later
  • She also says their daughter Kaylee had been in Frazee's care and refused to let Kelsey's mother Cheryl see her after Kelsey went missing
'I don't know what to feel at this point. It doesn't feel real, it really doesn't. It feels like these things don't happen, but they do and I get that, but it doesn't feel like it,' JoDee said.

'I think for me I'm probably waiting to hear more details which is horrible-sounding I'm sure, but to make it more real.'

JoDee revealed Frazee, a cattle rancher, met Kelsey online two years ago and helped her move from her home state of Washington to Colorado months later.

'I don't know anything about him. I was looking through my messages to Kelsey just over time. She just said how she was so happy when she first moved there,' she added.

'She told me she met him online but she didn't elaborate. She just said they met online and after a few months he came down (to Washington) and moved her over there.

'In retrospect, there's a lot of questions I didn't get to ask.'

JoDee said her cousin had been 'very excited' to be having a baby.

The pair had been together for more than two years, had baby Kaylee in October 2017, but did not live together. Kelsey was living in Woodland Park while Frazee lived with his mother on her ranch in Florissant.

Tearfully paying tribute to her cousin, JoDee said: 'I can't do her justice. I just want the world to know that Kelsey's a beautiful, beautiful soul.

'I hope her daughter grows up knowing how special her mom was. She has Kelsey's little nose and looks like her mom, I just pray for her daughter that she grows up surrounded by love and able to know her mom through all of her loved ones.

'When you're around Kelsey, I think you just feel like a better person, being around Kelsey makes me smile, it makes me smile just to think about her, she's just a good person.'

DEC 21, 2018
Patrick Frazee waives advisement in first court appearance
Patrick Frazee has now begun his process in the criminal justice system appearing via teleconference in Teller County Court this afternoon.

This is just the beginning of what’s expected to be a long legal process for Frazee. He’s charged with first degree murder for allegedly killing his fiancée Kelsey Berreth. The additional charge of solicitation for first degree murder has legal experts saying Frazee worked with someone else in some capacity to carry out the alleged crime.

That person has still not been identified and all of the court records in this case have been sealed at this point.

A legal expert we spoke with says in order for the DA’s office to file these kinds of charges they have a lot of information and the mystery person involved knows a lot about the situation too.

Missing Colorado woman likely died at home, fiance charged with murder

[...]

Solicitation charge signals more than 'a discussion'

Frazee was the only person arrested in the case as of Friday morning, De Young said, and officials wouldn't provide any more detail about how they came to the solicitation charge.

Under the solicitation statute, a suspect would not only have discussed committing a crime with another person but would have taken steps to see it through, May said.

"So, it isn't just a discussion," the prosecutor said. "You've actually done something that shows the firmness of your actions."

The criminal affidavit in the case has been sealed until investigators can follow up on leads and feel confident the release of documents won't hurt the investigation, May said.

Authorities are still combing Berreth's house for clues, May said.

[...]

DEC 21, 2018
Murder suspect Patrick Frazee to get new attorney
Defense attorney Jeremy Loew is no longer representing Patrick Frazee, the Teller County man arrested Friday on suspicion of murdering his fiance', Kelsey Berreth.

Adam Steigerwald, an attorney with the public defender's office, will now represent Frazee.

Loew was expected to release a statement Friday but did not do so, and has been unavailable for comment since releasing a statement last Dec. 14, the day authorities searched Frazee's property in Florissant.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 learned of the change in Frazee's defense by checking online court records.

During an interview on Dec. 13, Loew, who is often interviewed on legal matters, seemed unusually nervous and uncomfortable. He answered most questions by saying he didn't know, couldn't answer or couldn't talk about the case.

DEC 21, 2018
Fiance of missing Colorado woman Kelsey Berreth appears in court | Daily Mail Online
Sheila Frazee, the mother of the suspect, has also been detained by authorities but not placed under arrest.

The divorced mother of four, who is a registered nurse, lives with her youngest son at the ranch, which she outright owns according to public records.

She also owns two additional properties in the area.

Her son meanwhile attends to the ranch and also breeds dogs.

Records show that Frazee was booked into the facility at 8:33 am and charged with a felony, though the exact charge was not listed and it instead read: 'Please type a charge description here.'

That same source said that Frazee's arrest came after authorities obtained new information about Berreth that has lead them to believe she is no longer alive.

Frazee was arrested after cell records and data provided new details regarding Berreth's disappearance according to officials.

DEC 21, 2018
Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder
Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Idaho, reported her daughter missing Dec. 2.

Berreth was last seen alive on surveillance video Thanksgiving Day while shopping at the Woodland Park Safeway with her daughter.

Frazee told police Berreth, who worked as a flight instructor for a Pueblo aviation company, dropped the baby off with him at his house on Thanksgiving Day. Although engaged, the two did not live together.

Lon Rust, owner of Paradise Spirits, a liquor store next door to Safeway, said Berreth was a customer, coming in after work in her flight suit.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had disappeared, Rust said he was “shocked.”

When Rust heard about Berreth’s fiance being arrested, he said he thought, “What else could it be? She seemed like a fairly stable person.”

On Dec. 14, dozens of law enforcement officers descended on the 35-acre ranch where Frazee lives with his mother after obtaining a search warrant. They searched the property for two days with backhoes.

This week, FBI agents and other officers searched Berreth’s townhome.

Authorities have not revealed what they found at either location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member