CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jakob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Lee ended up going through with the wedding the next day. She had two children, a boy and a girl. But her and #PatrickFrazee exchanged messages online a few years later, and in 2015, during a rough patch in her marriage, the two talked on the phone. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:23 AM - 6 Nov 2019

"I felt like maybe I was wanting to make that right choice so that I didn't make the wrong choice," Lee said. "But I also felt like my heart was in love with Patrick." #PatrickFrazee @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:20 AM - 6 Nov 2019

"I felt like (her fiancee) Chad is a really nice guy, nice guy," Lee said. "And I knew that he would be a really good dad. And I knew that he was the right choice." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

The message sent by #PatrickFrazee to Krystal Lee a day before her wedding urged her not to get married. "And he said if you decide to go through with it, I hope he treats you like a princess, since you deserve it," Lee recalled being told. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:18 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Krystal Lee said not long after she broke up with #PatrickFrazee, she began dating someone else -- a man who proposed to her in 2010. But a day before their wedding in Oct. 2010, she got a message from Frazee. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:17 AM - 6 Nov 2019

"There had been times I would drive all the way here and spend a little bit of time and then he wouldn't call me for days," Lee said, of first dating #PatrickFrazee. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:13 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Lee said that she and #PatrickFrazee dated until August 2007. She lived in Idaho at the time, and she drove to Colorado 10 times, often on long weekends. But the relationship soured. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:12 AM - 6 Nov 2019

"He was tall and handsome and we danced and seemed from the conversation that we had he was pretty admirable, and had his act together and seemed like a pretty good dude," Lee said, of first meeting #PatrickFrazee. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:11 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Krystal Lee often choked up during her testimony, sniffling while her eyes watered. She described falling in love with #PatrickFrazee after they met at a dance in 2006 in Lake George, west of Florissant. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:08 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Krystal Lee detailed an on-again, off-again relationship with #PatrickFrazee -- one that included an affair she had with him several years ago, as well as an abortion she had after becoming pregnant with his child. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:05 AM - 6 Nov 2019

NEW: Krystal Lee, the mistress of #PatrickFrazee, takes the stand, testifying about her relationship with him dating to 2006. (She no longer goes by the last name of Kenney.) @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:03 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Vicente Arenas on Twitter
Breaking: A tearful Krystal Lee takes takes the stand in murder trial. Her former boyfriend Patrick Frazee is accursed of his killing his fiancee #Kelsey Berreth in Teller County. Lee broke down in tears several times as she described how Frazee treated her. @KDVR @channel2kwgn
11:00 AM - 6 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

Daniela Leon on Twitter
#BREAKING #KrystalKenney has now taken the stand. Describing an extremely complicated relationship between her and Frazee. She had a child with him and later had an abortion even though she was married.

Daniela Leon on Twitter
She cried several times. Making it clear that he manipulated her several times.

Daniela Leon on Twitter
She said she no idea about #kelseyberreth or their daughter. Even though she would visit him multiple time in Colorado while she was living in Idaho.
11:06 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Star witness #KrystalKenney in #PatrickFrazee's murder trial, told a mesmerized jury about their doomed love affair which started with a dance at a county fair and ended in cold-blooded murder. Kenney was emotional at times as she discussed her failed marriage to another man.
11:13 AM - 6 Nov 2019

NEW: The #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney story is a soap opera. Kenney says even after they broke up several times, she still felt giddy around him. New to us - he got her pregnant, said "I guess you're a baby killer or you're not." She got an abortion.
11:16 AM - 6 Nov 2019

This was 3/2016. They are on-again, off-again. 7/2018 she learns @ Kaylee. We break for lunch. This morning, a cell phone data expert said Kelsey and Patrick's phones traveled together in the days after Thanksgiving 2018, after Kelsey is presumed dead. @abc

Daniela Leon‏
That affair led to a pregnancy. She testified in court that Frazee was not happy about the pregnancy even though he had asked her to file for a divorce days prior. "HE SAID THE BABY WAS GOING TO BE A *advertiser censored* AND WASN’T GOING TO LOOK GOOD CAUSE I WAS A MARRIED WOMAN.” @FOX21News
11:19 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Daniela Leon‏
Again she had an abortion, and broke down as she was talking about it, but even so always came back to #Frazee. Court was adjourned after she finished talking about how she found out about Frazee's daughter.

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Key witness in #Kelseybarreth murder trial holding back tears. Krystal Lee says Patrick Frazee got her pregnant said to her, "Are you a baby killer or not?" She got abortion.
11:32 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Elise Schmelzer on Twitter
Kenney described how she has loved Frazee for years, since meeting him at a Teller County Fair dance in 2006. Frazee called her the day before she got married (to someone else) and pleaded with her not to go through with it. She did, but later cheated on husband with Frazee.
11:30 AM - 6 Nov 2019

She felt a strong connection with Frazee, even though he didn't always treat her well and once threatened to kill her dog. She became pregnant with his child in 2016 - while married to someone else - and decided to have an abortion after he reacted so angrily about the baby.
11:32 AM - 6 Nov 2019

But she kept seeing him. He never told her when he had a child with #KelseyBerreth and never told her about Berreth, she said.
11:33 AM - 6 Nov 2019

She paused her testimony for lunch, so we haven't gotten to the part where she explains her role in the murder case. She previously told investigators that she helped Frazee clean the crime scene and burn #KelseyBerreth's body.
11:34 AM - 6 Nov 2019

I'll update this story after we wrap for the day. But lots of details here: https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/06/kelsey-berreth-murder-patrick-frazees-trial-krystal-lee-kenney-testimony/ … Frazee looked directly at Kenney as she walked in, but doesn't seem that Kenney has even glanced his way.
11:35 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Krystal Lee tells the court she found out in March 2016 she was pregnant with #PatrickFrazee baby. She told him and he did not have a reaction. @KKTV11News
11:50 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
She told the court she has #PatrickFrazee what he wanted her to do with the baby. He told her "Well I guess you're a baby killer or not." Krystal Lee, amid tears, stated she got an abortion. @KKTV11News
11:51 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
She also told the court she had an affair with #PatrickFrazee while she was married to Chad, this was in Oct 2015. @KKTV11News
11:52 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Last edited:
In March 2016, Lee became pregnant w/ #PatrickFrazee's child. He did not react happily to the news, Lee said, and "he said I guess you're a baby killer or you're not." Lee had an abortion, and told Frazee it was a miscarriage. Lee filed for divorce two months later. @csgazette

11:28 AM - 6 Nov 2019

The two didn't talk again until October 2017, and they reconnected during a visit that Lee made to Colorado. From that point until June 2018, Lee said that #PatrickFrazee never mentioned being in another relationship with #KelseyBerreth, or having a child of his own. @csgazette

11:33 AM - 6 Nov 2019

Testimony from Krystal Lee is expected to resume shortly after 1 p.m. I'll have further updates later this afternoon. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

11:34 AM - 6 Nov 2019

NOV 6, 2019
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Mistress Krystal Lee Kenney takes stand in Patrick Frazee murder trial
More than a decade after meeting Patrick Frazee at a Teller County dance and falling in love with him, Krystal Lee Kenney took the stand in the Florissant rancher’s murder trial and started to sketch for a jury the complicated and dramatic relationship the two have maintained since 2006.

[...]

Kenney cried on the stand as she described falling in love with a handsome man who did not treat her well, but whom she loved even after she was engaged and married. The two began an affair in 2015 and Kenney later became pregnant with his child while married to another man. Kenney thought the two would have a life and a family together.

[...]

“He told me that I was the one that had gotten away,” she said.

Kenney began her testimony by outlining her first encounter with Frazee at a Teller County Fair dance in 2006, when Kenney was 20 years old

[...]

The two dated for months, even after Kenney moved back to Idaho. Kenney would drive to Colorado to visit Frazee onweekends, but he often didn’t call her for days or was cold to her while she was there, she said Wednesday.

They broke up in August 2007, but kept in contact. In 2008, he offered to give her a border collie puppy and she drove down to Colorado to get it. She still had feelings for Frazee then, she said, and Frazee said she had to choose between him and a man she was dating, Chad Lee.

[...]

NOV 6, 2019
Krystal Lee Testifies About Relationship With Patrick Frazee Before Kelsey Berreth's Murder
[...]

She detailed for the court how she and Frazee rekindled their relationship about a year before Berreth was murdered.

[...]

Lee said initially Frazee asked her to kill the 29-year-old mother on three occasions, including suggesting poisoning Berreth’s coffee.

Lee also detailed in a tear-filled account of how she became pregnant and Frazee asked her if she “was a baby killer or not.” Lee testified that she terminated that pregnancy.

[...]

NOV 6, 2019
Frazee trial: Kenney testifies, details their relationship
[...]

Hoyland said he’s called upon to analyze call detail records, also called CDRs, almost every single day. He’s working on about 500 cases that involved CDR analysis, he said. A Supreme Court ruling in 2018 ruled that CDRs are so accurate, they’re essentially a tracking device and thus require a search warrant, Hoyland said.

The state entered multiple Verizon records as evidence. They are the records for the three phones he analyzed, which belonged to Berreth, Frazee and Kenney.

He developed a PowerPoint for his analysis and presented it to the court on Wednesday.

[...]

She appeared tense. She wore a sweater with a collared shirt and had her hair in a braid.

[...]

In December of 2008, Frazee said he wanted to buy her a border collie. He said he had bought a dog in Texas that came with a puppy that he didn’t want, so he offered it to Kenney, she said. Kenney said she knew he raised them, along with other ranch animals. When she went to Colorado to pick up the dog, Frazee told her she had to make a choice between him and her Lee. At the time, Kenney said she knew he was dating another woman.

She said he told her, “You can’t ride two horses at the same time, so you need to make a choice.” When Viehman asked why Frazee would believe he was one of those “horses,” Kenney said he could probably tell that she still had feelings for him. She said, through tears on the witness stand, that she’d never felt that kind of chemistry before. He never talked about his feelings for her, she said.

[...]

Sam Kraemer TV
9 mins ·
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 4 LUNCHTIME NOTES:
- An FBI special agent that is an expert in cell phone analytics detailed his work to track the cell phones of Kelsey Berreth, Patrick Frazee and Krystal Kenney between Nov. 21-25. It includes an insane amount of detail. The main takeaway is his work shows Berreth’s and Frazee’s phones traveling together on Nov. 23, before Kenney’s phone comes down late Nov. 23 and travels back with Berreth’s phone late Nov. 24 into the 25th.

- The state then called Krystal Kenney, Frazee’s secret girlfriend, to the stand. She’s had an emotional hour in the witness box, recalling her past with Frazee. She says they dated in 2006-2007 before Kenney married Chad Lee. Frazee tried talking her out of it, per Kenney, leaving her a voicemail the day before her wedding. She felt conflicted, but said she felt she made the right choice. Later, she’d testify she always loved Frazee, even while married and having two kids with Lee.

- Kenney and Lee hit a rough patch in late 2015, so Kenney reaches out to Frazee again. She said she felt she made the wrong choice. Kenney travels down to CO around Oct. 2015 to see friends and family and helps Frazee with cattle. Later that night, she says they had an affair. In March 2016, Kenney learns she is pregnant and that Frazee is the father. “I guess you’re a baby killer or you’re not,” Frazee said, per Kenney. She thought he’d be excited but he wasn’t. He was concerned about having a *advertiser censored* child. Kenney got an abortion, though telling Frazee she had a miscarriage.

- She was just getting into her explanation of how she learned about Kelsey Berreth and the daughter Frazee fathered with her when we broke for lunch. Krystal has cried and choked up often on the stand. Frazee, meanwhile, stared straight down for most of her initial testimony, especially during the pregnancy part. He’s looked up at her since.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
UPDATE: Krystal Lee, mistress of #PatrickFrazee, testifies that Frazee told her three times to kill #KelseyBerreth. All three times, Lee backed out, saying she couldnt do it. @csgazette
1:59 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee also testifies that #PatrickFrazee called her on night of Thanksgiving 2018, saying "that I have a mess to clean up."
@csgazette #KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee testified that she didn't tell police about #PatrickFrazee's demands for her to kill #KelseyBerreth, becuase she "was hoping it would just go away."
@csgazette
2:00 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee (who said she no longer goes by the last name of Kenney), said that #PatrickFrazee first demanded she poison #KelseyBerreth with a cup of coffee laced with ambien and valium. Lee just gave coffee to Berreth but didn't spike it. @csgazette
2:02 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Another time, Lee said #PatrickFrazee gave her a metal tune to beat #KelseyBerreth, and another time a bat. Lee backed out both times.
Lee said she went to Berreth's house both times, in case Frazee was watching her. @csgazette
2:03 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee said that #PatrickFrazee rationalized that #KelseyBerreth needed to be killed, because he claimed his toddler daughter was being abused. Lee said she initially agreed, but later grew suspicious of Frazee's claims. @csgazette
2:05 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Still on the stand, a determined and sometimes emotional #krystalkenney cries recoujnting why she didn't she call police on #PatrickFrazee.
"His little girl is being abused. I understand if it was wrong. I didn't know what to do so I didn’t make correct decisions. @ABC
2:07 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Krystal Lee, the mistress to Patrick Frazee said that he called her Thanksgiving night saying, “I need your help, and I need your help now. You have a mess to clean up.” #Frazee didn’t give detail into what he meant by that until she was in the car headed to Colorado @FOX21News
2:08 PM - 6 Nov 2019

@PatrickFrazee is taking notes with his head down as #krystalkenney tells the jury he told her to "..get the candles wiped up, get the bathroom done and wipe up the footprints. He me to look in the vent to see if there was a tooth in the vent." An hour and a half left.
2:12 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
According to Krystal Lee, on the drive to CO Frazee said to make sure to wipe off candles upstairs, and there were also footprints too that needed to be cleaned up. He added that she needed to look in a vent because there could be a tooth in the vent. #kelseyberreth @FOX21News
2:12 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Last edited:
Another time, Lee said #PatrickFrazee gave her a metal tune to beat #KelseyBerreth, and another time a bat. Lee backed out both times. Lee said she went to Berreth's house both times, in case Frazee was watching her. @csgazette

2:03 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Lee (who said she no longer goes by the last name of Kenney), said that #PatrickFrazee first demanded she poison #KelseyBerreth with a cup of coffee laced with ambien and valium. Lee just gave coffee to Berreth but didn't spike it. @csgazette

2:02 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Lee testified that she didn't tell police about #PatrickFrazee's demands for her to kill #KelseyBerreth, becuase she "was hoping it would just go away." @csgazette

2:00 PM - 6 Nov 2019

akob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Lee also testifies that #PatrickFrazee called her on night of Thanksgiving 2018, saying "that I have a mess to clean up." @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

UPDATE: Krystal Lee, mistress of #PatrickFrazee, testifies that Frazee told her three times to kill #KelseyBerreth. All three times, Lee backed out, saying she couldnt do it. @csgazette

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley

Still on the stand, a determined and sometimes emotional #krystalkenney cries recoujnting why she didn't she call police on #PatrickFrazee. "His little girl is being abused. I understand if it was wrong. I didn't know what to do so I didn’t make correct decisions. @ABC

2:07 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley‏ @CarolAMcKinley 3m3 minutes ago
    1. @PatrickFrazee is taking notes with his head down as #krystalkenney tells the jury he told her to "..get the candles wiped up, get the bathroom done and wipe up the footprints. He me to look in the vent to see if there was a tooth in the vent." An hour and a half left.

‘He wanted her to not be a problem anymore’: Krystal Lee testifies about Kelsey Berreth murder

11/6/19

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — About two months before Kelsey Berreth disappeared, Krystal Lee said she went to the Woodland Park mom’s condo at 9 p.m. with a Starbucks coffee in her hand and knocked on the door.

“She was standoffish and guarded,” Lee said. “It was dark.”

Lee, who had never met Berreth, said she thanked her for putting her dog back in her yard, and offered her the coffee. She said Berreth told her she didn’t know what she was talking about, but took Lee’s phone number and closed the door.

NOV 6, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: Star witness Krystal Lee describes murder plot, abortion
[...]

To win her loyalty, Frazee, 33, claimed Berreth was an abusive mother to Frazee’s toddler daughter, and for a time, Lee said she believed him.

[...]

In testimony before lunch, Lee wept at points, even turning inaudible, as she recounted her on-again, off-again relationship with Frazee that lasted 13 years and included a 2016 abortion.

Their romance began in 2006 at a dance in Lake George, west of Colorado Springs, where she met him and fell for him that night, she said.

[...]

She didn’t look at Frazee, staring straight ahead and giving terse answers. Meanwhile, Frazee jotted notes throughout, sitting back in a chair at the defense table wearing a white striped button-up shirt open at the collar.

During the period they dated, she traveled from Idaho to Colorado to visit him 10 times – only to go days without hearing from him when she’d return to Idaho, leading to a 2007 breakup.

[...]

Lee described a moment afterward where Frazee threatened to drive up and kill a dog that she had gotten from him, telling her that the previous owner was demanding the dog back unless he paid for it.

In 2015, she struck up a correspondence with Frazee after her marriage to another man turned rocky.

[...]

In March 2016, Lee became pregnant with Frazee’s child. He did not react happily to the news, Lee said, and "he said I guess you're a baby killer or you're not."

Lee had an abortion, and told Frazee it was a miscarriage. Lee filed for divorce two months later.

[...]

Prosecutors say they wouldn't have discovered much of the evidence in the case without her, including the spot where authorities say Berreth's remains were burned at the Frazee family ranch in Florissant.

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
UPDATE: Krystal Lee, the mistress of #PatrickFrazee, describes a gruesome scene she found upon entering #KelseyBerreth's townhome. It capped the final hours of testimony today. @csgazette
5:02 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee (who no longer goes by last name of Kenney), described blood in all directions in #KelseyBerreth's house -- sometimes on the wall higher than she could reach. Bloody footprings tracked in most rooms. And she found a tooth behind a cedar chest. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee
5:03 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee said it took her about four hours to clean #KelseyBerreth's condo. She took from there six garbage bags of curtains, washclothes, child's toys and other items stained with blood that she couldn't clean. @csgazette #PatrickFrazee
5:04 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
"Her mom and that little girl never needed to see what Patrick did to her," Lee said. "And I didnt know he was capable of that. I didn't think he was capable of what happened." #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @csgazette
5:05 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee met back up with #PatrickFrazee at his Florissant ranch after cleaning #KelseyBerreth's condo. "He asked me if I got it done. I told him the best that I could do. He said 'You better hope you did, because your life depends on it.'"
@csgazette
5:07 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee testified that at #PatrickFrazee's insistence, she accompanied him to property he leased southwest of Cripple Creek, where he retrieved #KelseyBerreth's body, which was in a tote. @csgazette
5:09 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Lee and #PatrickFrazee then brought #KelseyBerreth's body back to his Florissant ranch. He then burned her body and the trash bags.
Lee later drove back up to her home in Idaho with Berreth's phone, purse and gun, making it looked like Berreth fled town.
@csgazette
5:11 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
BREAKING: Krystal Lee tells court #PatrickFrazee told her #KelseyBerreth last words to him were “Please stop”. @KKTV11News
5:12 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter
Throughout testimony, Lee wept, choked up and dabbed her face with tissues. And she sobbed at the last question of the day by prosecutors: What did #PatrickFrazee say #KelseyBerreth's last words were? Lee replied: "She asked him, 'Please stop.'" @csgazette
5:14 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Witness #24, #KrystalKenney, ran out of courtoom sobbing after reiterating #KelseyBerreth's last words: "Please Stop." #patrickfrazee's head was down. After 4-5 hours of grilling, mood in the courtroom was somber. Jury quietly files out Invesgators gather papers. back 845 am.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Just a few minutes before the day wrapped, Krystal Kenney was asked if Patrick Frazee told her Kelsey Berreth’s last words. “Please stop,” is what he told Kenney. Today was a powerful day. That’s probably putting it lightly.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I’ll run through all of my notes later again on Facebook live. Check out website in the mean time (http://koaa.com ), where our digital team is putting my notes into news copy. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Homepage
5:15 PM - 6 Nov 2019

Last edited:
NOV 6, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: 'Please stop,' Kelsey Berreth pleaded as she was beaten to death, says witness
“Please stop.”

[...]

The desperate plea capped an emotional day of testimony from prosecutors’ star witness, Krystal Lee, an Idaho nurse who testified that Frazee personally confessed to the killing, then enlisted her help in trying to cover it up.

Lee — who no longer goes by her former married name of Kenney — broke down in sobs while relaying in a barely audible voice, what Frazee told her about Berreth’s dying words.

[...]

Often choking up and dabbing her face with a tissue, Lee recalled first falling for Frazee in 2006 at a dance in Lake George, west of Colorado Springs.

[...]

Their relationship soured a year and a half later. And Lee described a moment afterward where Frazee threatened to kill a dog he had given her, telling her that the previous owner was demanding the dog back unless he paid for it.

But they stayed in touch every few years, often through Facebook. Days before her 2010 wedding to another man in 2010, Frazee urged her to back out. She went through with the marriage anyway.

[...]

When her marriage turned rocky in 2015, Lee traveled back to Colorado and began an affair with Frazee — recalling "it was like nothing had changed — same giddy feeling."

Frazee urged her to get a divorce. And in March 2016, Lee became pregnant with Frazee’s child — news that Frazee did not take well.

[...]

Lee had an abortion, and told Frazee it was a miscarriage. Even though she filed for divorce two months later, the two didn't reconnect until October 2017.

In August 2018, Frazee, 33, acknowledged he was in another relationship, and that he had a child. Frazee claimed the mother, 29-year-old Berreth, was abusing their toddler daughter, Kaylee.

[...]

She eventually grew suspicious of Frazee’s claims that Berreth was a poor mother, especially after babysitting the girl and not finding any bruises on her.

She said she never called police out of fear that she’d be blamed, and that Frazee would call someone to kill her, too.

[...]

On Thanksgiving evening, Frazee called Lee and told her she had “a mess to clean up,” she testified.

[...]

When Lee opened the door to Berreth’s apartment on the morning of Nov. 24, she said she found blood splattered everywhere. On the floor, the fireplace, behind the couch. On cookie cutters, on carpets in nearly every room and on the walls higher than Lee could reach. On a windowsill, on stuffed animals and on a family picture of Patrick, Kelsey and Kaylee Frazee.

[...]

Over the next four hours, she cleaned the apartment from top to bottom — she filled six garbage bags with curtains, washcloths, toys and other items stained with blood that she couldn't clean.

Later that day, she accompanied Frazee to property he leased southwest of Cripple Creek, where he had stashed Berreth’s body in a tote atop bales of hay.

[...]

“He just said he swung away, and that it was really hard," Lee said. Frazee added that using the bat wasn't humane. And that in the future, he'd stick to normal weapons … the old fashioned way.”

[...]

“I saw some of those pictures,” Lee said. “And I knew there were people who cared about her. And people were going to look for her.”

Lee is expected back on the stand Thursday for cross examination by Frazee's public defenders.

@GoJacks was in the courtroom this afternoon
Here’s the recap
————-
this is what I heard of KK's testimony today*
Also I forgot a pen so this is all off the top of my head.

Okay so KK drives through the night (with a 20 min power nap somewhere along the way) and is instructed to pick up the keys @ PF's house. Believe he had them in something at the gate of the Franch.

Parks her car a little bit away from KB's condo and walks there. I believe she said she only came armed with 2 trash bags, a thing of bleach, a painting (hazmat) type suit, a box of gloves, rags, and shoe booties.

She said she walked in and knew it was bad. Says blood spatter everywhere.
Viehman says, what does blood spatter mean to you. She describes the scene, said it looked more like when you take a paint brush and fling the paint rather than like paint dripping. Blood taller than she could reach in some areas. Says living room floor was covered in blood. Bloody foot prints throughout.

Asks to describe footprints. Says not a child's footprints, not a small footprint, a big boot like footprint. Not cowboy boot as it had tread.

Asks how she started to clean. Believe she said PF told her where to find KB's cleaning supplies. Found an empty bottle and filled that will bleach. Also found windex which she didn't use initially but said used later (they directly asked about the windex, so seem it might be important, perhaps it's what left the streaks everywhere).

Said she spent most of her time cleaning the East(?) wall in the living room. Asked how she cleaned things. Said she used a rag until it was too dirty and would leave residue. At one point they asked how many rags she went through, she said a lot. Said she left with barely if any clean rags.

At some point she realized there was really just too big of mess to clean up. PF told her to wash things. (btw PF called her multiple times while she was cleaning). Believe she did use the washer to wash things but then gave up and started throwing things away. Talk about popping the exercise ball to trash it, stuffed animals, curtains, etc. Ended up with SIX bags of trash.

There was an initial list of things PF said to make sure about. Clean the candles, clean the cookie cutters, grab her purse from upstairs etc. There might have been more things, can't remember exactly.

I believe in one of the phone calls PF asked her to look for the tooth in the vent. Tooth wasn't found in vent, she found it behind a cedar chest.

Asked about baby gate. Tells them the baby gate had blood on it.
Viehman "did you clean it?" KK says no. Viehman, ''what did you do with it?" KK says she put it in the backroom.

Viehman presents said baby gate and asks if it's the same one. She says yes. She says how can you tell, says it's the same style of one with the same clips as the one in KB's house.

....I'll post more later. Want to watch Sam, as I want to hear about the first half of the days testimony.

6 minutes agoReport
Like+ QuoteReply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members