CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that she told her mother she may have plans to go to dinner, but did not indicate where or with whom. Unless there has been a more recent article that I missed. Imo

I remember reading that she told her mother she may have plans to go to dinner, but did not indicate where or with whom. Unless there has been a more recent article that I missed. Imo
I can't find it right now, but if you look back through it was in an interview. CB said that she had spoken to KB twice that morning, she was in good spirits, said she was waiting to get a tree because PF wanted to take the baby to chop one down, KB wanted a recipe for something and that KB, PF and the baby had plans to go out for thanksgiving.

I've been offline today, anything new other than the FBI/CBI searching her house?

For those of you who think PF is likely involved,

1. Do you think, if she was killed, that the perp intended to kill her or that it happened on impulse or even by accident?
2. Do you think one or more adults were present and witnessed a murder?
3. Is there any circumstance you can imagine where PF is the one who witnesses a purposeful/accidental murder, but doesn't turn the person in? Is there any chance he's protecting someone?

1. I'm probably in the minority, but I'm going with premeditated.

2. I think only PF and KB were there.

3. No.

Agree Agree Agree

It wasn’t just him who didn’t report her missing. It was her own family, friends for a while etc...
Yeah. But he’s her “fiancé” and she is the mother of her child.

He would have been the first to know, and should have been the most concerned.

He wasn’t.

He also never made any effort to help get the word out regarding her disappearance.

That’s a very big deal.

I can't find it right now, but if you look back through it was in an interview. CB said that she had spoken to KB twice that morning, she was in good spirits, said she was waiting to get a tree because PF wanted to take the baby to chop one down, KB wanted a recipe for something and that KB, PF and the baby had plans to go out for thanksgiving.
Yes, it was in the Christmas tree conversation.

How would that have prevented him from telling CB that KB broke up with him?
What exactly did PF say through his lawyer about them having a good relationship? Was he talking about a romantic relationship or just that they got along well as co- parents?

First and foremost, I want to make sure that everyone understands that I have taken a totally neutral position with this case. I have accepted the fact that I know close to nothing about anything that would allow me to get on one side of this fence or another. I spend my time trying to come up with as many possible scenarios that could've played out based on the info I feel to be provable fact, using my thoughts, beliefs and knowledge of basic human behavior. The desired end result, for me is not to determine if someone committed a crime and who that person right now. If I put any focus into trying to figure those things out, my thought process is altered dramatically. Basically, I just can't come up with as many and neutral scenarios.

Again, this is not what I believe took place. This is simply an idea that came to me after looking through information, that is all. What if PF did end up back at KBs home, probably to pick up the child. I am going to assume that he is able enter the home freely, with his own key or with one that is kept in a hiding place. He enters the home and finds KB unresponsive. There are a couple of possibilities that lead to him finding her in this state. A) Someone else had been there before he arrived and committed a crime against KB(I am trying really hard to avoid certain terms here. I apologize if it reads weird because of that.) It could've been someone she knew, a friend, someone who was more than a friend or maybe a complete stranger. At some point KB and this person got into an argument, fight, whatever and something was done to put her in the state that PF found her in. If I am going with a complete stranger that did this, it was a home invasion or something of that nature gone wrong. Or, B) she experienced some sort of reaction to medication, she drank too much and tripped down the stairs, she could have overdosed on something. There is always a chance that she really did have issues with substance abuse, she was having a difficult time with something and she went too far with whatever she was using that day. She passed out, stopped breathing and that was that. I am not sure which one I would lean more towards at this point. It doesn't really matter, one or the other was the cause of how PF found her when he walked into the home. Due to such recent cases like CW and the many, many others that seem to be taking place all over right now, PF goes into a complete panic for a number of reasons. He just found the woman he loves in an unresponsive state. He likely would've experienced intense fear when he realized he was going to be the primary suspect. He then realized his child would not have both parents if he was blamed for this happening. The baby would've been somewhere in the home, probably crying unless she was napping. That would add to the panic. Trying to figure out how to handle the situation, the pain that one would feel when realizing something awful just happened to the woman you love, the fear of being blamed for it, a crying baby somewhere, the extreme emotions in a moment like this would make it very hard for some people to think logically. If it was the overdose or substance related he might've given thought to making sure nobody found out how this happened. Maybe he did not want that to be last thing anyone thought about her. All of those emotions and that thinking could cause some people to be extremely irrational and impulsive. These two things, in an such a traumatic situation, could lead to someone taking steps to cover it up, to make it seem as though the other person just disappeared. Once it was all said and done this person realized what he had just done but, there was no way to go back on it. If he was to come clean about covering up the crime he walked into, nobody would believe a word of it. His situation would end up being worse than it would've been if he had told the truth from the beginning. So, it was too late for that. The following days consisted of the various things we know about through the press releases. He would've obtained the attorney, possibly being honest with that person, which led to him being told not to talk to any media or LE. It is possible they have been trying to come with a plan that would allow him to the tell the truth and also show he did nothing wrong. I could go on and on about how something like this would explain this, that and the other thing but, I hope everyone gets the ideas here.

When I give it even more thought, I believe something like this is very possible. I have read about people reacting in very irrational ways when overcome with intense fear and other emotions. I am interested in reading what you all think about this. Just me thinking out loud, that's all. I have no idea what happened in this case. It is baffling to me.

If, in your scenario, PF truly walked in and found an unresponsive KB, why would he just not call 911? He's got relatives in LE, per some of the news reports linked previously.

It wasn’t just him who didn’t report her missing. It was her own family, friends for a while etc...

True, but we don't know how often she talked to her parents. They may not have realized anything was amiss. PF was taking care of their baby, though...if he was normally the primary caregiver and KB normally went a week without calling to check up on her daughter, then not reporting her missing wouldn't be a huge deal, but I really doubt that was the case. IMO, PF should have known something was wrong, whether he was involved or not.

I have a question. Another question. They said that almost immediately he had provided his DNA and allowed his phone to be reviewed--but soon after, he refused to even sit down and speak with police. Why was he initially so helpful? Did he want them to see his phone? If so, is it reasonable to think that he may have wanted to provide DNA because a second person was involved and he knew his DNA was not going to ever work against him?

I think because he knows his DNA is likely present in her house, her cars, etc. Finding his DNA, even on her body, could be easily explained. As for the phone, he is showing them that her phone sent him a text. And he may have another phone. MOO.

I read somewhere (I’ll try to find it) where LE had taped around her door to prevent entry but not until 12/15, so before that people were able to come and go and possibly contaminate the scene? Is that normal in a missing person’s case in case they come home?, but somewhat worrysome, though I’d hope LE at least had eyes on the home to know who may come and go before they taped it off. Anyone know what “protocol” may be when someone is missing with regard to their residence?

I read somewhere (I’ll try to find it) where LE had taped around her door to prevent entry but not until 12/15, so before that people were able to come and go and possibly contaminate the scene? Is that normal in a missing person’s case in case they come home?, but somewhat worrysome, though I’d hope LE at least had eyes on the home to know who may come and go before they taped it off. Anyone know what “protocol” may be when someone is missing with regard to their residence?
Well, we've learned from the Closs case that LE typically install cameras in the home.

I've noticed in many cases that a red-herring can be put under our noses (possibly the ping set-up), when it is the opposite direction we need to look for the slippery eel.
If there is an accomplice 'after the fact' then the fan needs to extend to Colorado Springs if need be, IMO.
Oh goodness me - when I look at the map there's an awful lot of green between the two places.
So does our POI (PF) have potential co-conspirators in that neck of the woods, I ponder? This is just previous observation experience writing here and all IMO.

Several days? That's not what I was thinking. I thought she was last seen/talked to on the 22nd and her texts/phone pinged in Idaho on the 25th? Maybe he killed her on the 23rd, buried her the 24th and disbursed the remaining evidence on the 25th? IDK.
Has he been named a suspect yet? Has LE shared any information with the media in the last two days?
Sorry to ask but I just moved and trying to keep up is impossible. It seems like the threads are moving at lightning speed!
I know LE dug a huge hole on the property and there was some speculation as to what they had dug up. Do we know? I know about the trip to the dump, and PF did not get out of the truck. Any news about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez