CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet she is in Idaho with someone she started a new relationship with. Perhaps something went wrong with that relationship. Have the police said anything about her mental state? Another poster mentioned that she may have sought mental health care in Idaho. It would make sense that she would hide it and go to another state. She was a pilot and she would lose her license if she is found to suffer from some disorders. The police would not know because HIPPA and privacy laws would require the medical facility to deny any knowledge of her. She, and her phone, may be together seeking help. Everything is a theory right now. There is just no evidence available.

I'll take that bet. There is absolutely no evidence she had a secret lover. There is nothing to say she had substance abuse problems or mental health issues. In fact, most indications are exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

Tools for removing plumbing.
That’s a good idea. But I also wonder why items were seen being brought in, but not out? Ie. Wouldn’t they bring the plumbing tools back out? But who knows, maybe it was misreporting. Or the items were temporarily left behind for some reason.

I know they have yet to release any info on phone records for either PF or KB, but IF he did something to her I’m very curious if he responded to the text she supposedly sent to him on 11/25. If he did not send any response that could be VERY telling IMO. I’m guessing LE has this info and I’m sure they are not releasing it yet for some reason.

I also want to know just how many times he tried to reach her between 11/22 and 12/2. Again guessing LE knows this based on phone records.

IMO the biggest red flag for me is that he seems to not even miss her, or at least act like he cares. Shoot even SP played the part and was out “looking” for Laci.

IF he responded to the text, he would need an accomplice one way or the other. Either he took the phone to Idaho and had someone back home respond to the text in order to create his alibi OR someone else took the phone to Idaho and he responded to the text for the same reason.

If I heard my daughter had checked herself into a facility, I'd be calling the place and I would certainly tell LE if she had checked into one.

As a mom, you would be able to.If your daughter put your name on the contact lits. If she didn't, they would not tell you.

I am not implying necessarily that this is what has happened. But mom probably heard something that to her made sense to not look. For the whole week, from 25 th till Dec 2nd.

Last edited:
I imagine that's why John McAfee still uses a flip phone?

For the techs out there, if my phone is in a faraday cage (tin foil) and no calls are coming in, can Google's GPS still track my phone?

A phone may be tracked by either wireless signal, wifi signal, or gps signal. If you were to block or interfere the signal from being sent or received, the phone cannot be tracked.
jmo

What are some other things that might have been brought in besides, luminol, finger print kit, and photography equipment, and returning personal items that were removed in earlier search? And ideas? That’s all I can think of with my limited expertise. And actually, other than KB’s personal items, all of what I listed would have been brought back out, right?

Just fingerprint kit? Anything to collect hair or other DNA sources?

I assume computer would have been brought out.

I have a “Websleuths Help” question that I don’t know where else to ask it, so I will ask it here if that’s okay.

First I’ll say that I use the mobile version, on my phone, in case that makes a difference from the desktop version.

Sometimes I will start to reply to a message, and I will type part or all of my reply, but then for whatever reason I decide not to post the message. There isn’t really a “cancel” button that I know of. So even if I backspace/delete everything I just typed, the next time I go to reply to a message, that previous one is included and I have to delete it again. Or even if I’m just browsing the page, I can see my aborted message down at the bottom in the Reply box. And it stays there until I actually post a new message.

Is there any way to make the aborted message go away at the time I decide not to post it? I’m afraid I’m accidentally going to post it, and that could be bad. If I abort a message, it’s usually for a good reason!

What are some other things that might have been brought in besides, luminol, finger print kit, and photography equipment, and returning personal items that were removed in earlier search? And ideas? That’s all I can think of with my limited expertise. And actually, other than KB’s personal items, all of what I listed would have been brought back out, right?
  • Bindle paper.
  • Biohazard bags.
  • Bodily fluid collection kit (sterile swabs, distilled water, — optional presumptive tests, and sterile packaging that allows the swabs to air dry).
  • Camera (plus memory cards, back up battery, remote flash, tripod and remote cord).
  • Evidence seals/tape.
  • Flashlight(s) with extra batteries.
  • Footwear casting materials.
  • Graph paper and pencils, small ruler or straight edge.
  • Latent print kit.
  • Measuring devices (e.g, measuring wheel, tape measures of varying lengths).
  • Multifunction utility tool.
  • Notebook.
  • Paper bags (various sizes).
  • Permanent markers.
  • Personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves, booties, hair covering, overalls and mask).
  • Placards.
  • Plastic resealable bags (various sizes)
  • Scales for photography.
  • Spray paint, chalk, etc.
  • Syringe/knife tubes.
  • Tweezers(disposable).
More at this link: Equipment Needed for Crime Scene Investigation | National Institute of Justice

I know they have yet to release any info on phone records for either PF or KB, but IF he did something to her I’m very curious if he responded to the text she supposedly sent to him on 11/25. If he did not send any response that could be VERY telling IMO. I’m guessing LE has this info and I’m sure they are not releasing it yet for some reason.

I also want to know just how many times he tried to reach her between 11/22 and 12/2. Again guessing LE knows this based on phone records.

IMO the biggest red flag for me is that he seems to not even miss her, or at least act like he cares. Shoot even SP played the part and was out “looking” for Laci.

SP was the biggest liar ever. He was looking for Laci but calling his mistress from the vigil saying he was in Paris. SP is not a good example, and the police knew he was lying.

The biggest takeaway I had from their search yesterday was that they brought things into the home. They weren't seen bringing anything out. So for me, that left me to believe that it's a continuation of the path that they are already headed down, not starting from scratch. JMO.
This is not entirely correcr. They were seen bringing out boxes. One box was sealed with red tape. Some news reported 3 boxes. On WPU camera I saw several bags being loaded up. Of course this could’ve also been them bringing tools back OUT too. JMO

I have a “Websleuths Help” question that I don’t know where else to ask it, so I will ask it here if that’s okay.

First I’ll say that I use the mobile version, on my phone, in case that makes a difference from the desktop version.

Sometimes I will start to reply to a message, and I will type part or all of my reply, but then for whatever reason I decide not to post the message. There isn’t really a “cancel” button that I know of. So even if I backspace/delete everything I just typed, the next time I go to reply to a message, that previous one is included and I have to delete it again. Or even if I’m just browsing the page, I can see my aborted message down at the bottom in the Reply box. And it stays there until I actually post a new message.

Is there any way to make the aborted message go away at the time I decide not to post it? I’m afraid I’m accidentally going to post it, and that could be bad. If I abort a message, it’s usually for a good reason!
On the toolbar in the reply box, click on the "disk" icon (third from the right) and select "delete draft."
MOO

I'll take that bet. There is absolutely no evidence she had a secret lover. There is nothing to say she had substance abuse problems or mental health issues. In fact, most indications are exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

My feeling is, people who entertain other scenarios hope that she is alive, maybe in captivity, or in danger, needing our help.
Yesterday someone accused these posts as vistim blaming. To me, it looks strange as if the disappeared person needs help, every day might matter.
The only thing is, if there is a suspicion that KB still needs help, PF lawyering up looks very egotistical. And I assume, LE knows more than we do and where to look for her.

IF they have ruled PF out, why wouldn't they announce that and make his life that much easier? Take the "heat" off him? It would also allow us to get off this merry-go-round :)

It's pretty obvious with the search warrant their looking at him, but LE hasn't officially announced him as a suspect or POI. Therefore, they don't feel it's necessary to say he's not.
IDK - JMO

PF has handled things pretty well if you’re talking in terms of protecting himself from self incrimination. Great job. He’s done nothing else publicly except protect himself. No visits to in any way draw attention to the search for KB. Only to the lawyer, and the dump. For himself. All caveats aside for the way different humans react to tragedy, PF has only shown interest in one thing. Self preservation. Not even the most feeble of attempts at a PR move to even pretend to care that KB has been missing for a month. Ruthlessly efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper