CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The Adventist Church is just up Hwy 64 from KB’s house. I wonder how often KB went there. I also wonder what PF’s religion is. Hate to bring religion in this, but they met on an Internet Christian website. If KB was still around after Nov 22, and went to the Adventist Church regularly, you’d think she would’ve showed up for services.
Do you know the name of that website? tia

Just an observation, but the approved Facebook page hasn't been updated in almost two days. They had been posting daily, sometimes multiple times. The last post i see on there is from the 18th.

And what's happened since there? LE going back to PF's, the trash dump.... I wonder if there's any significance.

Could be. Or there’s nothing new to report. It feels near to that point where either there’s a major break in the case that’s being withheld or the trail is going cold. With the facts as they are known to us my tendency is to be pessimistic. But LE have amazing resources and interagency cooperation in their favor. With the FBI and CBI involved I know they know what they are doing. I’m just hoping they have enough to do anything with

Yes, but I am more concerned with where the phone was on Nov. 22, the last day KB was seen (by Safeway's camera) as far as we know.
Truthfully, I think this is why LE is leaning towards PF being guilty. It sounds to me like she went "dark" until the texts on the 25, then went permanently dark again. I forget, was it ever established where her texts pinged from- to her work and PF?

This theory may get PF of the hook but what about those texts? Would a random attacker have to bother creating an alibi?

Possibly to throw suspicion on PF. Maybe he's got an enemy and hurting Kelsey is how they got their revenge? Now, all points lead to PF and there's been little said by LE to make us feel differently. What if that was by design?

Not at all, but where to look for her depends on what her plans were.

To me, ID seems plausible, but on the other hand, LE is in Colorado, and KB's family is in Colorado. It seems they feel she is there.
I just wanted to point out that it’s truly amazing the amount of information LE can ascertain about a person's daily habits, normal routines, and the locations a user frequently visits just by looking at data obtained from various resources. Even if LE doesn't have access to the phone. Even if the user has taken steps to erase text messages and/or their search history. Even if the user resets a phone to its factory settings.

I was searching my brain for cases that have heavily relied on cell phone data to secure convictions and remembered the detailed testimonies of a data analyst and an intelligence expert heard during the kidnapping trial of Heather Elvis. IMO, this testimony was the most damning evidence presented to the jury, and I think it played a major role in the state obtaining a successful conviction. (FYI: Tammy Moorer was ultimately found guilty of one count of kidnapping and one count of conspiracy to kidnap, in regards to the disappearance of Heather Elvis, and was sentenced to 30 years in prison.)

LE has not been able to locate Heather Elvis, has never recovered her phone, and the Moorer family went to great lengths to remove incriminating evidence from their own cell phones (well... they attempted to anyway). Nevertheless, investigators were able to construct a clear timeline of phone movements on the day and night Heather disappeared. They were able to construct this timeline after obtaining a search warrant for her Google location history record, in conjunction with call detail records from her wireless network provider and cell tower location data.

According to the intelligence analyst that testified in that case, Google collects information from its users to offer location specific answers to their internet searches. GPS coordinates are collected every time an activity occurs on the device (for example, when the user unlocks the screen, makes a phone call, opens an app, receives an incoming text, etc.) In Heather's case, on the night she disappeared, Google collected GPS coordinate information approximately 1x every minute.

For example, the information obtained from that warrant allowed them to determine that Heather's phone:
- was at her home address between 1:35 and 2:30 am
- left her home address and traveled a specific route between 2:32 and 2:43 am
- was located at a specific address in the northeast corner of a parking lot (which happened to be the specific location of the restaurant's dumpsters) between 2:43 and 2:57 am
- began to travel back down the route from which it came but turned around at a specific address and traveled back to the previous address between 2:57 and 3:01 am
- was located at the same northeast corner of the parking lot between 3:04 and 3:16 am
- traveled back towards her home between 3:16 and 3:21 am
- was located in the parking lot of her apartment complex between 3:21 and 3:25 am
- left her apartment again and traveled a specific route between 3:25 and 3:35 am
- came to rest at the location where her car was ultimately found abandoned two days later between 3:38 and 3:41 am
- stopped recording activity at 3:41 am

The information they were able to obtain regarding the Moorer's phones include:
- the Powering Event Logs (when their phones were powered on/off) from their wireless network provider
- deleted text messages that were recovered from their computer
- deleted texts, phone calls, and instant messages that were extracted using a Cellebrite device

They were also able to recognize patterns of behavior by analyzing ping data from the Moorer’s wireless provider (for example, pings indicated their phones were located near Heather’s place of employment around the same time Heather’s shift ended -- on multiple occasions -- in the days leading up to her disappearance).

Remember: LE was able to determine those specific details without having access to Heather's phone. With that said, I feel confident LE should be able to track Kelsey's movements up until the moment her phone was disabled and that information should reveal a lot about her activity on Thanksgiving (and, perhaps, the few days that followed.) If, for example, her phone was immediately disabled after her baby was no longer in her custody and remained that way until it was powered on and pinged a tower in Idaho somewhere on the 25th ...that would be a clear indication of very suspicious behavior, IMO.

ETA: They were not able to obtain Google GPS coordinate information for the M's because their Google accounts had been deleted.
Holy cow - I knew they had lots of information from cell phones but this is an excellent post. Makes me wonder what info they gathered from Mollie's phone data even though it has not been recovered that we know of. Thank you!

Just an observation, but the approved Facebook page hasn't been updated in almost two days. They had been posting daily, sometimes multiple times. The last post i see on there is from the 18th.

And what's happened since there? LE going back to PF's, the trash dump.... I wonder if there's any significance.

I noticed this too. They reposted the official Woodland Park PD's releases every day, 15th, 16th and 17th, but they did not repost the release on the 18th?

Truthfully, I think this is why LE is leaning towards PF being guilty. It sounds to me like she went "dark" until the texts on the 25, then went permanently dark again. I forget, was it ever established where her texts pinged from- to her work and PF?

The texts on the 25th really are the tech “finger” that keeps pointing back at her known associates. Otherwise with the ping you might be inclined to think that it might be in fact random. But those texts loom large and IMO make anything random very unlikely

I posted a screenshot map of downtown WP last night. KB's home is less than a quarter-mile from the main highway, and there are nearly a dozen restaurants and probably four or more bars within a half-mile or so from her home. The weather was said to be nice.
That would be a possibility that she was abducted walking to a restaurant or bar, but the phone ping in Idaho makes that scenerio unlikely - plus the text messages

I'm wondering if she is following in the footsteps of Brenda Heist. Her family was convinced of foul play and that she would never ever leave her small children, yet that is exactly what she did. Her poor husband was accused of murdering her and lived for over a decade under that cloud. I wish we knew more about her private life and her personality. Perhaps she was going home to family, which is why she was in idaho and was planning to return--hence the texts. Then, she just changed her mind.

In whose vehicle, though? Her vehicles are accounted for, and so far there are no publicly recorded accounts of her taking any other transportation. Plus, none of her family reports and indications from her she would be visiting them. So, really the only explanations for those texts would be:

1. She left with some unknown person without telling a soul, did not have her phone on until near Gooding, ID, then turned it back off, and has gone completely off the grid, or met with foul play sometime after, or...

2) She and/or her phone were taken involuntarily to near Gooding, ID, texts were sent either by her or someone else, and she has since gone completely silent, either because she is being held captive, or is no longer alive.

Either of those options would include at least one other person knowing where she was/is, and so far it seems that person or those persons have not shared that information, which at this point, is very strong evidence of a serious crime.

If LE is myopic and focused only on PF, then they may miss important evidence. I think LE is better than that. They should be looking for fingerprints, hair, DNA, and let that evidence guide them, not the other way around where they only look for evidence in support of a preconceived theory.

BBM. Right? It's odd to me that anyone would act like the CBI and the FBI are some inept, keystone cops.

Ok. I think I have it straight in my mind.
"Three days after disappearing, her cellphone pinged nearly 600 miles away in Gooding, Idaho, police said."
"Woodland Park Police said on Monday that a text message from Berreth was sent to Doss Aviation, a Pueblo, Colorado, flight school where she worked. The message said that Berreth would be taking the following week off."
"Patrick Frazee, also received a text from her phone on November 25, Police Chief Miles De Young said."
Text messages sent from missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's phone days after going missing

Interesting to note, the FULL MOON was November 23rd???
This is my doodles...
Full moons give off a lot of light at night...
Moo
I love your drawing! Very organized and colorful! :):p:D

It may or may not mean anything. Regardless this is interesting - good observation. I rarely look at any of the FB pages on the WS cases I follow. Thank you for posting this. :)

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but in the case of a hypothetical arrest of an individual who has a toddler “ attached at the hip”, how would LE hypothetically handle that?
Are you suggesting that there could be violence if LE approaches him for an arrest? Does he carry a concealed weapon or two or three? If you personally know Patrick and think this is a possibility, please call the FBI, CBI, or Woodland Park PD now.

BBM. Right? It's odd to me that anyone would act like the CBI and the FBI are some inept, keystone cops.
These two groups of officers are exactly that, high regarded, intelligent law enforcement officers- they know exactly what they are doing... they are just setting the trap. PF will be arrested mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71