CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is so sickening -- I wonder if they argued and he got angry and struck her , NOT MEANING TO KILL HER , but a single blow did -- so terrible -- they were both beautiful people and i'm sure they have a beautiful baby -- prayers for kelsey's family and all those touched by this tragedy------------------ he wouldn't have harmed his baby (would he?) -- an argument was probably over the baby ---------- it wasn't planned ?
Unfortunately, "SOLICITATION to commit murder," rules out accident, IMO, MOO. Premeditation is much more likely. MOO

Still wonder if his solicitated helper was one of guys that helped
him dispose of his trash at the dump. The fact that Frazee sat in truck while other guys removed trash from trailer made me wonder if he was setting someone up by having their dna or fingerprints on evidence he was throwing out.

Would it take 3+ weeks after to arrest him?

Based on what was said at the PC, a tip from someone helped accelerate the investigation. If that tip came from someone he tried to hire, I think it was after they made sure they wouldn't be in trouble, and AFTER they saw the $25k reward, then they decided to talk. JMO

I wonder if he didn't necessarily try to hire someone to commit murder (I believe she died directly at PF's hands - JMO), but rather getting someone to conceal evidence (cell phone perhaps)? Just pondering...

It was likely that he tried to hire someone and it didn't work out so then he killed her himself. That is why there are the two charges. It would be a different charge if someone was an accomplice and helped conceal evidence

Imo biggest takeaways from presser:

1) first degree murder charge of pf
2) additional charge of solicitation of murder
3) KB phone did end up in Idaho, pings were accurate. Still working to recover phone
4) appears crime scene was KB home
5) 10 days until formal charges (sounds like more info will be released)
6) 30+ days before sealed docs could be unsealed
7) no known motive
8) more arrests could come, only one arrest so far

Won't speculate as to where she is.
Recovered a number of items that crime occurred at residence.
OMG he took a long pause before saying that.
No leads as to motive or other love interests.

He took several long pauses, I think he was making sure revealing those details wouldn't impede the rest of the investigation...very professional and diligent of him.

Maybe, but they weren't married and he didn't kill the child (fortunately). I also think Kelsey probably made more money than he does, but I could be wrong. But money does seem to be at least part of the motive in most murders.
She was a beautiful, very accomplished young woman with a fantastic career ahead of her - she outshone him IMO and jealousy may have been a part of it. I am very happy to hear the baby is with Kelsey's loving family now. I hope it stays just like that.

I feel like I need someone to pull my jaw off the floor. Wow.
You are not alone! Wow! I'm not surprised about the arrest, but I am surprised at a lot of other things. I think we are all surprised about the solicitation for murder charge. Like several posters ^ have mentioned, in my mind, I thought he'd lost his temper and, not knowing his own strength, accidentally killed her and then clumsily attempted to cover his tracks. I never posted that, but that's how I expected it to play out. I am surprised that the arrest happened so quickly and ahead of the discovery of Kelsey's remains. LE did a great job, kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove