CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey Berreth: Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of a missing mom in Colorado, is arrested and booked in her murder - CNN

Frazee was the only person arrested in the case as of Friday morning, De Young said, and officials wouldn't provide any more detail about how they came to the solicitation charge.
Under the solicitation statute, a suspect would not only have discussed committing a crime with another person but would have taken steps to see it through, May said.
"So, it isn't just a discussion," the prosecutor said. "You've actually done something that shows the firmness of your actions."

Berreth's phone did end up in Idaho, De Young confirmed Friday, adding that police are still working to recover it.

Huge shout out to all law enforcement involved in this case!

Fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth arrested, charged with murder
"We finally received enough information to implicate Patrick in his involvement in Kelsey's death," de Young said.

De Young described a complex, multi-state investigation he said was changing hourly. He said the woman's body has not yet been located, and said he didn't want to speculate on where it might be. He confirmed that Berreth's phone pinged in Idaho, but said investigators haven't yet recovered it.

De Young said investigators have recovered a number of items at Kelsey's home that were suspicious enough for investigators to believe the crime happened there, and have been searching the home "to give us additional information that leads us to different locations."

Me too. And if I am not mistaken that could be why we see a first degree murder charge. Because "aggravating circumstances" like premeditation is one of the things that can allow a first degree charge.

The solicitation charge sure screams of premeditation.
Related to that first degree murder charge, I believe somewhere I saw the term “with deliberation” following it.

Can anyone find where it said that?

"despite reports to the contrary"????? Hmmmmm

I think he's referring to the numerous times that people stated PF's mom was arrested as well. I didn't see any MSM reporting that someone else was arrested, just people on social media. And, that is just likely to be sloppy assumptions based on the fact that she was also seen handcuffed while PF was arrested.

ETA: hit reply too quickly. And it's good lawyering to start to create doubts wherever you can.

The woman’s cell phone has given one of the only publicly revealed clues about her disappearance. Her “phone pinged from Gooding, Idaho, where she has family,” the Denver Post reported. On Nov. 25, a text from her phone was sent to her employer, and it said she wouldn’t be at work the next week, according to the Post. A text was also sent to Frazee that same day.

Video shows Colorado mom at Safeway the last day she was seen — Thanksgiving, cops say

The time stamp is 12:05 p.m. on Nov. 22.
Berreth is wearing a lightweight jacket or sweater, pants and athletic shoes.

Kelsey Berreth disappearance: Surveillance video released

Employees at the company in Teller County also tell us they saw Frazee at the facility dropping off trash from a long trailer with two other men. Witnesses say Frazee remained in a white pickup truck as the two other men, who drove in two separate cars, unloaded the trailer.

The trash was later collected by police and it's been reported a few of the items were taken away by police for further investigation.

Investigators search Kelsey Berreth's townhome in Woodland Park
Maybe it wasn’t PF setting up the two men but rather the two men setting up PF?

Thinking of your daughter! My kiddo had this done at 16 months old and while it was no walk in the park, it was one of the best decisions ever made for her. Hoping for an easy recovery!

Thank you! My daughter is 17 so I’m afraid it’s going to be a rough Christmas. She’s tired of having strep and tonsillitis over and over again every year though!

Patrick Frazee arrested for first-degree murder in Kelsey Berreth case
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young says Patrick Frazee is in custody for suspicion of first-degree murder and suspicion of solicitation of first-degree murder for the death of his fiancé Kelsey Berreth.

De Young says only one person was arrested today despite reports to the contrary. He also mentioned that additional arrests are a possibility.

Frazee will make his first court appearance via video conference at 3:30 p.m. on Friday.

Frazee was arrested this morning at his family’s property in Florissant. The arrest came the morning after local, state and federal agents continued their search of Berreth’s home for a second time.

Chief De Young said they obtained sufficient evidence to get an arrest warrant from a judge on the belief that Berreth is no longer alive.

“Investigators have recovered a number of items that make us suspicious that the crime did occur at Kelsey’s residence,” De Young said. “That is why we have been coming back to her residence.”

As of Friday morning, investigators continue to search Berreth’s townhome in Woodland Park.

De Young said he does not know where Berreth’s body is located, and he didn’t want to speculate on a possible location. De Young did say that Berreth’s phone ended up in Idaho and that the information about Berreth’s phone pinging off of a tower in southern Idaho was accurate. However, her phone has not yet been found.

De Young said that Berreth’s family is now caring for Berreth and Frazee’s 1-year-old daughter. Frazee had cared for their daughter in the weeks following Berreth’s disappearance, but it’s not clear exactly when their daughter was taken from his custody.

District Attorney Dan May said it will be 10 days before charges are formally filed, and he said that the fourth judicial district will handle the investigation moving forward.
Her Mom now has the baby! Bam!! Bam!!

This is the first case Ive followed and my knowledge of criminal law weak, to say the least. Might the solicitation charges revolve around PF offering to pay someone he knew to help dispose of the phone, or even the body. He may have told a friend it was an accidental death and he feared being implicated and therefore needed help. They have not recovered a body, yet seem to know the area where it will be found. I know the family of a high profile missing person case and even their daughter's blood, urination and fece remains were in the bedroom of the POI (and former friend to her), the police have never gone forward with filing charges. (He was subsequently incarcerated for the attempted rape of another woman). The missing girls immediate family explained that everyone is convinced he is guilty (including the police), however those bodily extractions are not sufficient evidence in themselves. They said that a defense attorney cold claim it was the result of rough sex. They still want the body before they prosecute. In CB's case, it seems they have the phone, the knowledge of the vicinity of the body, and the proof she is not alive. I doubt PF is speaking. It seems reasonable it's the person who was solicited that helped break the case.
It sounds like you are talking about missing Danielle Stislicki. :(

From everything we found, including the cellphone expert who did the news interview. There is no such thing as a false ping. You can ping off a tower that is not the one closest to you but if you ping, you are in the vicinity. So the phone had to have gotten to Idaho
Theres actually an incident where the phone pinged in hawaii then 9 minutes later pinged in palo alto california iirc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...what-your-cell-phone-cant-tell-the-police/amp

Huge shout out to all law enforcement involved in this case!

Fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth arrested, charged with murder
"We finally received enough information to implicate Patrick in his involvement in Kelsey's death," de Young said.

De Young described a complex, multi-state investigation he said was changing hourly. He said the woman's body has not yet been located, and said he didn't want to speculate on where it might be. He confirmed that Berreth's phone pinged in Idaho, but said investigators haven't yet recovered it.

De Young said investigators have recovered a number of items at Kelsey's home that were suspicious enough for investigators to believe the crime happened there, and have been searching the home "to give us additional information that leads us to different locations."

I've liked the Woodland Park police chief from the start..he always comes across as confident and competent. This investigation is a great example of several agencies working together for a common goal. I'm still heartbroken for KB and her family, but I'm so glad they were able to finally arrest PF.

I have been out most of the morning and trying to catch up here now. The solicitation charge is very interesting. Combined with the sealed arrest warrant I can't help but think there may be more arrests. The chief said something about recent information was helping them narrow the search for the body. I wonder if that is cellular info or other? I find it interesting that they have charged solicitation and not conspiracy or accessory. It will be interesting to see what all is behind this.
Great points re conspiracy or accessory. And yes, they said that cell phone records played a big role in the case, whether he was dumb enough for the solicitation to be through cell phone or the cell phone records were important for locations etc not sure

I agree with someone else who posted that it wasn’t entirely about their break up. But I think it is about the fact that she may have said that she would take a child and move back to where her family was, maybefinal decision owing to the break up.

So not about control, child custody or child support in your opinion? Then what do you think the motive was? What would constitute solicitation in your opinion?

I wonder if he totally despised K. He had to be filled with jealousy over her successes. To him, she had it all. She was beautiful, had a great career, her own home, independence & a bright future. Maybe she emasculated him. Unknowingly. Not victim blaming.

Even though logic dictated this was a likely scenario, it still hurts to see it officially stated. Because that little sliver of hope you still had is taken away and it’s just empty...Very glad they were able to make an arrest though as well. Every one of these just drives me insane at how senseless it all is, and how people think they have any right to take another’s life...and for what??! I did always think if this likely scenario played out it would have been a crime of passion type thing, like a snapping moment. I, like most of you am shocked by the Solicitation charge and that it was obviously planned ahead. I hope ALL responsible face justice and all the prayers out to Kelsey’s baby and family. Such a sad ending...
Exactly. And it makes me extra angry that these men who not only murder their wives/fiances/girlfriends, but then in a pathetic attempt to avoid responsibility, they trash the victim, or let their friends and families do the dirty work to trash the victim, or leave the victim open to speculation for blame or criticism. It's so sick.

I have been out most of the morning and trying to catch up here now. The solicitation charge is very interesting. Combined with the sealed arrest warrant I can't help but think there may be more arrests. The chief said something about recent information was helping them narrow the search for the body. I wonder if that is cellular info or other? I find it interesting that they have charged solicitation and not conspiracy or accessory. It will be interesting to see what all is behind this.
Thank you for your posts on this case - your legal knowledge and informed opinions have been insightful IMO

I've liked the Woodland Park police chief from the start..he always comes across as confident and competent. This investigation is a great example of several agencies working together for a common goal. I'm still heartbroken for KB and her family, but I'm so glad they were able to finally arrest PF.
I couldn’t agree more. They appear to have done a terrific job. You read so many stories of these police investigations being bungled , they seem to have been very thorough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3