CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I am having a visceral reaction to this photo. I LOATHE this skin wearing, smug looking, non caring, murderous .

Kelsey was by all accounts a good, wholesome young woman with a wonderful caring and loving family. She was fooled by this psychopath from the start, and discarded like garbage somewhere unknown when she didn't conform to his will. IMO

GRRRRR :mad: Will this ever stop hurting so much?? :(

This video of him from the other day giving the smug look to the reporter told me all I needed to know about him.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

Theres actually an incident where the phone pinged in hawaii then 9 minutes later pinged in palo alto california iirc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...what-your-cell-phone-cant-tell-the-police/amp

Yes, this is information we discussed a few days ago- re the accuracy to within 35 to 100 miles depending on how busy the cell tower is etc. So unlike GPS tracking you can't pinpoint to an exact location but more of a general area like around gooding Idaho but not necessarily in Gooding Idaho. I have never seen any information that the cell phone can ping further than that or across the ocean. If you have a link to that I would love to read it because I looked everywhere. Was hoping it was a false ping.

The end of a relationship, perp having an affair, and money are usually the biggest motives. Aside from one of those, what do you think it would be about?

MOO. But I am guessing she was going to leave him. Maybe KB was tired of him not being a responsible adult. He fathered a child, yet still lives at home, etc. To get to where she was in life, she had to be a strong woman with a commitment to achieving her goals. She was beyond him socially, mentally, etc...and he was just weighing her down.

She was ready to make a change and he was not going to let that happen.

I agree with someone else who posted that it wasn’t entirely about their break up. But I think it is about the fact that she may have said that she would take a child and move back to where her family was, maybefinal decision owing to the break up.
I don't think it was about a break up. I think he was setting her up. Regardless of the current state of their relationship, I think KB did think she had potential dinner plans with PF and baby K, like she told her mother. Maybe her plans were vague because PF had been vague-ish with her, having this in the works. She was murdered. PF took baby K. He only told LE he went over for a "custody exchange." Had to come up with some explanation why he now had custody of her child. jmo.

The woman’s cell phone has given one of the only publicly revealed clues about her disappearance. Her “phone pinged from Gooding, Idaho, where she has family,” the Denver Post reported. On Nov. 25, a text from her phone was sent to her employer, and it said she wouldn’t be at work the next week, according to the Post. A text was also sent to Frazee that same day.

Video shows Colorado mom at Safeway the last day she was seen — Thanksgiving, cops say
Kelsey does not have relatives in Gooding, ID.

It could be that he wanted her 'out of the way', and some time prior solicited her murder, and that the solicitation attempt came out during the investigation of his actually murdering her. Not necessarily the same event. Hope I'm making sense...

So let's say Perp wants her gone and asks Cousin Nogood months earlier if he would 'take her out' for him. As DA said, there has to be not just the suggestion but some planning for it. They have a few conversations, but Cousin doesn't really think he's for real, just that he's blowing off steam maybe. So he says no to the request, but doesn't report. Then Kelsey goes missing.

In the meantime, Thanksgiving Day no one is around, maybe Perp won't get to see his child for a few days, there's a blow up, whatever, he kills her. This act might not have been premeditated in the sense that he decided in advance it would be on Thanksgiving Day but...

Cousin Nogood comes forward to LE now that Perp is under suspicion. This revelation *could* create a solicitation of murder charge AND, once they discover evidence of death, a Murder 1 charge because even if he didn't premeditate the act *that day* (i.e. even if he killed her in a fit of rage), there's now evidence he *had* been premeditating her death.

Possible.
Wasn't something said about the phone was indeed where the ping was. I assume the phone has been recovered. And wasn't something said about they have narrowed down the area where her body will be located. I like what yo wrote, however this is why I think someone besides, or in addition to the person in your scenario was involved.

And there it is - just in case anyone is still doubtful it was solicitation for murder. Now, whether that will stick for the formal charges remains to be seen but right now, they believe they have the evidence for it.
Jaysus. So of course it is a busy time now with the holidays..I have been checking in off and on but only able to get updates thanks to this site and the awesome group of people here.
But....does the idiot not have tv, internet or radio? Has he not heard anything about another missing CO mom this year? <throws hands up in the air> So stupid.

Anyway, I heard about the arrest on the news in the car..but nothing about solicitation for murder. Wow! Stunning.

I also heard he was arrested on his property as he was trying to leave...is that correct?

Thanks for all of the updates everybody!

Authorities said Frazee was also charged with soliciting another person to kill Berreth. No one else was arrested, suggesting that the person may be cooperating with the probe.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kelsey-berreth-disappearance-fiance-of-colorado-mother-missing-since-thanksgiving-arrested

I so hope that this isn't a case where the person could have prevented Kelsey's murder. However that is exactly what it sounds like.

I am very relieved that Little K is safe now! Very glad it did not take nearly as long as in some other cases.

Wasn't something said about the phone was indeed where the ping was. I assume the phone has been recovered. And wasn't something said about they have narrowed down the area where her body will be located. I like what yo wrote, however this is why I think someone besides, or in addition to the person in your scenario was involved.
The phone has not been recovered.

Kelsey Berreth: Patrick Frazee, the fiancé of a missing mom in Colorado, is arrested and booked in her murder - CNN
Berreth's phone did end up in Idaho, De Young confirmed Friday, adding that police are still working to recover it.
MOO

Here's a rough timeline for anybody who's interested.

November 22nd - Thursday

(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB’s phone to her employer
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday

December 12th - Wednesday
PF Attorney releases statement - PF is cooperating with investigators​

December 13th - Thursday
Candlelight Vigil Held for KB​

December 14th - Friday
Search Warrant Franzee Property/Residence
Woodland Park Police said they are conducting interviews and casework and are working "around the clock" on the case.​

December 16th - Sunday
The search of Patrick Frazee's property concludes Sunday night​

December 18th - Tuesday
Five law enforcement vehicles seen leaving PF Property
PF and 2 others made trip to Waste Management Landfill​

December 19th - Wednesday
LE at Kelsey’s Residence​

December 20th - Thursday
LE at Kelsey’s Residence​

December 21st - Friday
Arrested- 1st degree murder
Archonix XJail Public
Press Conference 10am MST
Woodland Park Police Department

So very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how hard this has been, and is, now that we have learned the truth of what happened to Kelsey. I hope you and your family can find some comfort in knowing her killer will be brought to justice!
So happy to know that the baby is now in the care of your family and hope she will bring healing and joy into your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3