CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Because he's an Evil Piece Of Excrement!

2. He wanted sole custody of daughter, and didn't want to share.

3. Because he's an Evil Piece Of S&*T!

4. He figured he was smarter than Chris Watts, and could get away with it. Or he was too busy planning his own killing to know who the he&* Chris Watts was.

5. Because he's an Evil Piece Of S&*T!

6. The chance to get lots of love letters and pics from women interested in him, while behind bars.

7. BECAUSE HE'S AN EVIL, MURDEROUS, PIECE OF EVIL S&*T!
Despite being in the same state, I don't think one case has anything to do with the other. PF doesn't seem like a guy watching the nightly news to see what CW was up to. Maybe he heard about some guy killing his wife and got an idea (MAYBE), but I don't think he was following the Watts case. The cases seem like big deals to us and we notice patterns....because we follow them. But not everyone does, and I don't think PF did.

Speculation only.

I don’t believe she was arrested but I’m also curious as to her knowledge.

Plus.....she didn’t appear to be the physically disabled woman I imagined. I was picturing a frail woman.

That's why, on a previous thread, I questioned the rumors about the mother's health. It has been difficult to post the truth because we are not allowed (with good reason) to talk about extended family members.

PF's mother is not frail.

I questioned where the description of her as physically disabled originated. Another poster replied it had come from an assumption made by a different poster. Then that assumption got picked up and spread through other posts, just like an urban myth.

Last edited:
it also states she was not arrested>

Sheila Frazee, the mother of the suspect, has also been detained by authorities but not placed under arrest.
Agree. But if you're not under arrest. Then why the handcuffs and taken away?

Because I wouldn't want cops telling me that I'm not under arrest while cuffing me and hauling me in. Jmo.

So imo. She was under arrest at first. Jmo

I'm glad KB's family didn't say anything that the baby would read when she is old enough. I give them so much credit for the way they have handled themselves. Many prayers of strength and peace to the family and friends of KB.
jmo
Kelsey's family have conducted themselves with class.
Much like the parents of the pregnant teacher who sat by the boyfriend even while knowing he was the prime poi. (He shot her in a field while she had thought he was maybe going to propose... so nauseating.)

Even though logic dictated this was a likely scenario, it still hurts to see it officially stated. Because that little sliver of hope you still had is taken away and it’s just empty...Very glad they were able to make an arrest though as well. Every one of these just drives me insane at how senseless it all is, and how people think they have any right to take another’s life...and for what??! I did always think if this likely scenario played out it would have been a crime of passion type thing, like a snapping moment. I, like most of you am shocked by the Solicitation charge and that it was obviously planned ahead. I hope ALL responsible face justice and all the prayers out to Kelsey’s baby and family. Such a sad ending...

I'm with you. I thought this would be more of a crime of passion.

Agree. But if you're not under arrest. Then why the handcuffs and taken away?

Because I wouldn't want cops telling me that I'm not under arrest while cuffing me and hauling me in. Jmo.

So imo. She was under arrest at first. Jmo

She was not taken away. She was briefly detained in handcuffs while they were arresting PF. It's pretty normal procedure when you're arresting someone to maintain peace at the scene.

MOO.

Could be the person PF apparently solicited is someone from the rodeo circuit. Perhaps he contacted LE upon discovering K was missing. Idk, just a guess.

“Soliciting to murder It shall be unlawful for any person or agent of that person to solicit another person or persons to cause the death of a human being by the act of murder in the first degree as is defined by Section 701.7 of this title”

So does this mean that he hired someone to kill her?

It could have been that she got really upset when they arrested him, and they had to detain her. MOO

Yeah, I think it's somewhat standard to temporarily detain a person on scene while arresting someone else. Definitely safer than risking an upset mother attacking the cops who are taking away her son! MOO.

I think he was tired of her. I think they had initial attraction and had a baby while that attraction lasted, but they were not suited for one another long term - but she was trying to make a family somehow work. But he wasn't into her (imo). My hunch is she was too successful and perhaps too straight-laced (not sure the right word....but didn't fit in with his good ol' boy lifestyle).

I just don't he was interested in what she was interested in, and perhaps she didn't fit in with his life (and maybe he had his eye on someone who did), and rather be stuck with a lifetime of a mismatch, he got rid of her. Speculation only.

THANK GOODNESS he wasn't equally disinterested with the baby.

RIP, Kelsey.

jmo
I don’t really want to speculate too much about PF’s motive, because how can I even attempt to get into the mind of a mad man? But I guess my gut tells me it was about the baby. They weren’t married. If their relationship ended (or was going to end), I could see Kelsey questioning whether she wanted to continue to live in CO, with no nearby family for support. Sure she had what seemed to be a good job, but we’re not really sure what else she had going for her there. I’m not sure what CO’s laws are in a situation where parents are not married. But if legally, Kelsey was able to move with baby out of state, I have a feeling this is something Patrick found unacceptable. On the other hand, he is obviously a seriously disturbed individual, so my hunch could be way off base. Who knows, it may have been a matter of just not wanting to have to deal with the mother of his child anymore...

I just hope he is punished to the fullest, and never gets to speak to his daughter again. Kelsey won’t be able to. And it was not her choice.

MOO

THANK GOODNESS he wasn't equally disinterested with the baby.
I doubt it, sorry. Just as he carried his poor child around, it was just another animal from his ranch population. (Idk, if Google translation said it well. ;)) Carefree and little emotional. The little girl hangs on his arm as if it were about to fall off. I see a clumsy clot here, who doesn't care about the little sweet creature. Sleeping, feeding - okay. More isn't needed, I think, he was thinking at the time. I don't like such fathers at all.

Despite being in the same state, I don't think one case has anything to do with the other. PF doesn't seem like a guy watching the nightly news to see what CW was up to. Maybe he heard about some guy killing his wife and got an idea (MAYBE), but I don't think he was following the Watts case. The cases seem like big deals to us and we notice patterns....because we follow them. But not everyone does, and I don't think PF did.

Speculation only.

He had to have known about the case. Huge news in CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela