CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I agree with you and have been pondering the same thing.

Much earlier, one poster (and I wish I remember who) pointed out that unhappy women don't bake. Looking at what we understand of KB's day, she appeared happy. Not as though she had broken off a long-term relationship the day before or was planning to that day.

Items listed as suggesting KB was happy:
1. she baked cinnamon rolls that morning;
2. she talked twice to her mother getting a favorite recipe to make;
3. she went shopping. Was it for ingredients for a family meal later? What she bought does not appear to have been disclosed.

In other words, seeing her day the way I'm now seeing it, it appears she was planning a family meal with PF and/or someone. Most likely PF since LE said there was no evidence of anyone else in her life.

So, how did she wind up gone that afternoon? Esp. now that he has been charged with solicitation of murder?
Good points! Maybe we need to focus on reasons that people kill which do not revolve around domestic issues. Presently there is no evidence to suggest the status of their relationship had changed.

Much earlier, one poster (and I wish I remember who) pointed out that unhappy women don't bake. Looking at what we understand of KB's day, she appeared happy. Not as though she had broken off a long-term relationship the day before or was planning to that day.

3. she went shopping. Was it for ingredients for a family meal later? What she bought does not appear to have been disclosed.

In other words, seeing her day the way I'm now seeing it, it appears she was planning a family meal with PF and/or someone. Most likely PF since LE said there was no evidence of anyone else in her life.

So, how did she wind up gone that afternoon? Esp. now that he has been charged with solicitation of murder?

Has it ever been disclosed whether they were made from scratch cinnamon rolls or the pillsbury kind in the canister? Because I don’t know how much these three things you listed necessarily point to whether someone was happy or not. Even if they were made from scratch I don’t think that necessarily means happiness either but especially if they’re quick canister kind, then going to the store and speaking with mom about a recipe I just don’t see how those things can tell us what the mindset of the person may be?

Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) also provides for mass amounts of info to be made public (as evidenced in the info dump and investigative videos from Watts) but Colorado also seems more restrictive on making even visitors logs available without court action. MOO

Due to circumstances, as with Chris Watts's plead deal, we did receive loads of info, probably more this way, than if there was a trial.
I hope in this case, PF also pleads guilty, and offers a plea deal, for a lighter sentence.
Then again, we may receive an info dump.
We certainly will be busy.
MOO.

All the painting of the house thing is so sloppy. You would think whoever murdered her would have tried to keep it clean. Geesh. This is just getting gruesome.

Patrick Frazee, fiancé of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth, arrested and booked in her murder
Frazee made his first appearance in court by video Friday afternoon. He was never addressed by the judge directly and could not be seen by reporters in the courtroom. The judge granted the prosecution’s request that Frazee have no contact with any witness or anyone else named in the sealed arrest affidavit, with the exception of his family.

Frazee was the only person arrested in the case as of Friday morning, De Young said, and officials wouldn’t provide any more detail about how they came to the solicitation charge.

Under the solicitation statute, a suspect would not only have discussed committing a crime with another person but would have taken steps to see it through, May said.

“So, it isn’t just a discussion,” the prosecutor said. “You’ve actually done something that shows the firmness of your actions.”

Interesting that they make an exception for his family while barring him from contact with anyone named in the sealed affidavit. Doesn’t that sound like a family member is named in the affidavit - otherwise, why the need to make an exception? Kinda makes me think that it’s more likely that a family member is the solicited person. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

We can see the entire dockets for family law including guardianships but now I’m wondering if we can also see custody cases -will have to look next week

Are you in CO? In CA we can't see CPS cases or "paternity" cases. We can see child support cases and divorce and guardianships.

Child custody hearings can fall under a dependency case (CPS/state takes child into care), guardianship (relative seeks guardianship because parents can't care for child), and parentage (which people know as "paternity/unmarried parents cases).

So when you say custody, what do you mean?

Can you see juvenile dependency cases in CO? Or is this just showing because he's high profile?

The only way I think this could actually be related to something KB filed is if you can never see and juvenile dependency case online. Not even hearings. AND if she filed a child support or parentage case as a JV case but nothing is accessible to the public in such cases EXCEPT listed hearings?

Perhaps, due to the charges the murder was pre planned.
The murder was possibly committed by PF alone as initial idea/plan may have altered.
Only a few days before we may have more clarity about this.
MOO.
Or PF and Person X were both threatened by something she knew. PF asks X to kill her. X refuses. PF does it alone. X ultimately exposes everything. And becomes the informant. Outside of the normal domestic issues, I wonder what CB may have possibly known that might lead to this. I'm not hanging up the idea that PF and X were involved in an illegal activity together.

Interesting that they make an exception for his family while barring him from contact with anyone named in the sealed affidavit. Doesn’t that sound like a family member is named in the affidavit - otherwise, why the need to make an exception? Kinda makes me think that it’s more likely that a family member is the solicited person. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

I don’t know that the family member was solicited but it does sound like family is mentioned in the arrest warrant.

Thanks, I think you may have nailed it. PF may need a death penalty qualified attorney. Jose Baez had to have another attorney present for Casey Anthony because he was not DP qualified iirc.

PF will obviously need attorney with death penalty qualification should state seek death penalty. However, begs the question why family would let private criminal attorney, whether dp qualified or not, go at this point.

<snip>

I'm not sure I'd say that's a great blanket assumption at all. (And I'm not sure we know if she really "baked" or did like Pillsbury or other basically 'assemble and bake' rolls)

Regardless, I know MANY, MANY women, myself included, who are more apt to bake or cook (when it's not being done for a holiday or specific occasion) because we find it a therapeutic outlet when we're NOT happy.

If you look at when I've made homemade bread, or something requiring a lot of kneading/rolling dough, and it's not because I'm wanting it for a special holiday/event, it's almost always when I'm frustrated because it's a healthy outlet to take out irritation on something that needs some physical action to actually do it correctly (knead/work the dough).

Plus, baking (in particular) can often mean then creating something to "eat your feelings" for many people, so again, typically done when someone might be depressed or down, and not necessarily happy at all.

So like I said, I'm not sure I'd take her baking cinnamon rolls as her being happy necessarily - heck it could be her tradition for a holiday morning breakfast or just what she was craving - and not even about anything pointing toward her emotional state at all.

Just IMO.

PF will obviously need attorney with death penalty qualification should state seek death penalty. However, begs the question why family would let private criminal attorney, whether dp qualified or not, go at this point.
Because whoever was paying the bill for the original attorney,
declined to pay anymore, once a FREE public defender was
offerred.

I'm not sure I'd say that's a great blanket assumption at all.

In fact, I know MANY, MANY women, myself included, who are more apt to bake or cook (when it's not being done for a holiday or specific occasion) because we find it a therapeutic outlet when we're NOT happy.

If you look at when I've made homemade bread, or something requiring a lot of kneading/rolling dough, and it's not because I'm wanting it for a special holiday/event, it's almost always when I'm frustrated because it's a healthy outlet to take out irritation on something that needs some physical action to actually do it correctly (knead/work the dough).

Plus, baking (in particular) can often mean then creating something to "eat your feelings" for many people, so again, typically done when someone might be depressed or down, and not necessarily happy at all.

So like I said, I'm not sure I'd take her baking cinnamon rolls as her being happy necessarily - heck it could be her tradition for a holiday morning breakfast or just what she was craving - and not even about anything pointing toward her emotional state at all.

Just IMO.
Maybe PF baked the cinnamon rolls while he was painting. (Im new here, is comic relief okay?)

Last edited:
I don’t know that the family member was solicited but it does sound like family is mentioned in the arrest warrant.
Yes, I guess it’s just as possible that a family member witnessed something as opposed to participating. In a family with several who are in LE, you would hope that at least ONE did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat