CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I agree with you and have been pondering the same thing.

Much earlier, one poster (and I wish I remember who) pointed out that unhappy women don't bake. Looking at what we understand of KB's day, she appeared happy. Not as though she had broken off a long-term relationship the day before or was planning to that day.

Items listed as suggesting KB was happy:
1. she baked cinnamon rolls that morning;
2. she talked twice to her mother getting a favorite recipe to make;
3. she went shopping. Was it for ingredients for a family meal later? What she bought does not appear to have been disclosed.

In other words, seeing her day the way I'm now seeing it, it appears she was planning a family meal with PF and/or someone. Most likely PF since LE said there was no evidence of anyone else in her life.

So, how did she wind up gone that afternoon? Esp. now that he has been charged with solicitation of murder?

I appreciate the way you’re thinking, but I don’t feel like we can generalize “unhappy women don’t bake.”

It’s possible KB, like a lot of us, experienced happiness in some areas of life (career, child raising) while having a mixed bag in other areas (her relationship w/PF). Many of us learn to do things we enjoy, like baking or eating special treats, even in times when life isn’t perfect on every front. Some may even indulge in special treats bc they feel bad and want to enjoy some warm comfort food and a moment of self care.

When my grandma was stressed, she used to clean and bake a lot.

As this states, and as the DA stated yesterday, more than a conversation is needed.
Dang.
I wonder who he solicited. I didn't miss them mentioning that further arrest are possible.
They are doing a thorough job tracking clues.
They got PK, Tick Tock don't think it will be too long now before the walls close in anyone else who could be involved.

Hi, I agree with you and have been pondering the same thing.

Much earlier, one poster (and I wish I remember who) pointed out that unhappy women don't bake. Looking at what we understand of KB's day, she appeared happy. Not as though she had broken off a long-term relationship the day before or was planning to that day.

Items listed as suggesting KB was happy:
1. she baked cinnamon rolls that morning;
2. she talked twice to her mother getting a favorite recipe to make;
3. she went shopping. Was it for ingredients for a family meal later? What she bought does not appear to have been disclosed.

In other words, seeing her day the way I'm now seeing it, it appears she was planning a family meal with PF and/or someone. Most likely PF since LE said there was no evidence of anyone else in her life.

So, how did she wind up gone that afternoon? Esp. now that he has been charged with solicitation of murder?

This. Exactly.

I think it's quite rare. In fact I've never seen a no body case charged this fast.
That's what I thought! And that's why I think the one who was solicited is the same one who is talking and the same one he confided details to, after he did the job himself. PF may have even for one reason or another, provided this person with photos of her deceased body, a telephone, and a general location(s) of where she is. It all happened too fast and the charges, extreme.

Has anyone found evidence of whether he or Mama F have a BLM lease? I still maintain he could have disposed of her body somewhere in the vastness of those mountains never to be found unless someone leads LE to her body.
Due to the wonderful Shutdown of our federal govt., BLM
lease sites are down for an undetermined time.

I'm not sure I'd say that's a great blanket assumption at all. (And I'm not sure we know if she really "baked" or did like Pillsbury or other basically 'assemble and bake' rolls)

Regardless, I know MANY, MANY women, myself included, who are more apt to bake or cook (when it's not being done for a holiday or specific occasion) because we find it a therapeutic outlet when we're NOT happy.

If you look at when I've made homemade bread, or something requiring a lot of kneading/rolling dough, and it's not because I'm wanting it for a special holiday/event, it's almost always when I'm frustrated because it's a healthy outlet to take out irritation on something that needs some physical action to actually do it correctly (knead/work the dough).

Plus, baking (in particular) can often mean then creating something to "eat your feelings" for many people, so again, typically done when someone might be depressed or down, and not necessarily happy at all.

So like I said, I'm not sure I'd take her baking cinnamon rolls as her being happy necessarily - heck it could be her tradition for a holiday morning breakfast or just what she was craving - and not even about anything pointing toward her emotional state at all.

Just IMO.
I agree it's a generalization to say "only happy people bake." I've baked through happy times, sad times, depressed time, excited times. But, mostly I baked during just regular ol' times because we need to eat and I know how to bake.

The cinnamon rolls might have been special for Thanksgiving, but not sure we can read any more into their appearance than that.

I do think they might hold other clues....were they partially eaten, for example? DNA on them?

jmo

All the painting of the house thing is so sloppy. You would think whoever murdered her would have tried to keep it clean. Geesh. This is just getting gruesome.

All this painting stuff, may be speculation, as many of our theories and suggestions are.o_O
More info may be found about this.
But for LE to declare KB's home was the site of the murder, whether cleaning, scraping, painting, etc these were not sufficient for a cover up.
So pleased, as imagine the effort the crim/crims went through in this unsuccessful plan.
PF was arrested.
Perhaps later, with further details, we will be aware of all the mistakes uncovered.
I hope so.
The case is horrid. Poor Kelsey and family.
The actions of this mastermind must be ridiculed, down the track.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member