CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's quite rare. In fact I've never seen a no body case charged this fast.
Maybe I am not as aware of other cases in the past as a lot of you are, but I find this almost unbelievable that we've had these 2 high profile cases here in Colorado back to back. I really hope this is it for awhile.

ETA: unusual cases at that.

Time line question:

If they broke up Thanksgiving day, and it’s theorized he killed her that same day in her home — how does this solicitation charge fit in, time-wise?

I just can’t see it going down like an argument in the afternoon, then Patrick starts calling/asking around for help in murdering her. No one can do it, or they don’t get back to him in time, so he kills her himself later that day? Unless he’d been planning it for a while?
Or maybe they did. I wonder if this is why only the footage of her entering Safeway have been shown,and not her at register,or leaving.
Maybe a dirty deed doer was caught following her out.
MOO

Or PF and Person X were both threatened by something she knew. PF asks X to kill her. X refuses. PF does it alone. X ultimately exposes everything. And becomes the informant. Outside of the normal domestic issues, I wonder what CB may have possibly known that might lead to this. I'm not hanging up the idea that PF and X were involved in an illegal activity together.

You mean KB, not CB.o_O

Dang.
I wonder who he solicited. I didn't miss them mentioning that further arrest are possible.
They are doing a thorough job tracking clues.
They got PK, Tick Tock don't think it will be too long now before the walls close in anyone else who could be involved.

Don't you mean they got PF.o_O

I agree it's a generalization to say "only happy people bake." I've baked through happy times, sad times, depressed time, excited times. But, mostly I baked during just regular ol' times because we need to eat and I know how to bake.

The cinnamon rolls might have been special for Thanksgiving, but not sure we can read any more into their appearance than that.

I do think they might hold other clues....were they partially eaten, for example? DNA on them?

jmo

This was much better said than how I did it lol but that was mainly my point. I think when we’re missing so many pieces of a puzzle we sometimes may read way too much into the actual details we do have to make them more meaningful than they may really be.

I suppose if the person who was solicited went to the police with proof he was solicited. And was able to provide details that led the police to where they are today.

Or even just testimony. "Listen. Four months ago PF approached me. He asked me if I knew anyone who could help him 'get rid' of someone. I asked him what was going on. He said KB was a danger around their baby but he was advised that the courts won't care about what he had to say so he couldn't win custody by filing something. But he was desperate to keep his baby safe.
I told him I knew a guy who might be able to help. But it would cost him.
Two days later we spoke again. I told him it would be $7,000.00. He would have to pay $3k up front and the rest at completion.
I told him it would have to be cash. And we agreed to meet on a certain date. We did meet and he came with the cash. But I started having second thoughts about getting involved so I told him to hang on because there was a glitch and it might be a while before my guy could do anything."

Last night before the thread closed there was talk about Kelsey's phone being found near Twin Falls, ID. I worked today and couldn't follow the discussion - is it true her phone was found?
One Fox News reporter did say that, but all other outlets are repeating that they confirmed the phone did make it to ID but has NOT BEEN FOUND. So seems unlikely.:) But I wish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the wonderful Shutdown of our federal govt., BLM
lease sites are down for an undetermined time.
Oh poo... I did some research on the leases themselves the other day but I never went as far as trying to see if he had a lease.

I'm thinking very likely.

Didn't think about that dating site. There is a cowboy with that same birthday and zip code that is listed on there. No picture or details but it looks like an old account due to the assigned number. Of course, it could be someone else and/or an inactive account.

Has anyone found evidence of whether he or Mama F have a BLM lease? I still maintain he could have disposed of her body somewhere in the vastness of those mountains never to be found unless someone leads LE to her body.

I tried to look up USDI BLM and USDA FS leases but they are not online, as far as I can tell.

However, leases are attacked to LARGE base properties - and a 35 acre ranchette is not that. So I figure PF fed his cattle/horses purchased hay and silage. Or perhaps he loaded his cattle onto someone else’s lease allotment, but there’d be records of that, which I assume LE has.

Due to the wonderful Shutdown of our federal govt., BLM
lease sites are down for an undetermined time.
I’m sure just like CW and many more cases DP off the table if he gives up her body location unless they locate her body first.

Like what? Statute provides it requires a conversation, and that you intend to facilitate the commission of a felony. No agreement or action upon the agreement required (that's conspiracy).

Soliciting a felony in Colorado
Under Section 18-2-301 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) you commit criminal solicitation when:

• You attempt to persuade another person to commit a felony, or
  • You offer your services or the services of a third party as either a principal or accomplice to commit a felony;
AND

• You intend to promote or facilitate the commission of that crime, under circumstances strongly corroborative of that intent.

Haaa. It obviously can't be a conversation about the weather!! :)

In other words, more than just "I want my ex dead." I think he would've had to actually ask for help in killing her or having her killed. And maybe discussed how and when and where and money.

Or even just testimony. "Listen. Four months ago PF approached me. He asked me if I knew anyone who could help him 'get rid' of someone. I asked him what was going on. He said KB was a danger around their baby but he was advised that the courts won't care about what he had to say so he couldn't win custody by filing something. But he was desperate to keep his baby safe.
I told him I knew a guy who might be able to help. But it would cost him.
Two days later we spoke again. I told him it would be $7,000.00. He would have to pay $3k up front and the rest at completion.
I told him it would have to be cash. And we agreed to meet on a certain date. We did meet and he came with the cash. But I started having second thoughts about getting involved so I told him to hang on because there was a glitch and it might be a while before my guy could do anything."

Whoa! That scenario is scary.

Time line question:

If they broke up Thanksgiving day, and it’s theorized he killed her that same day in her home — how does this solicitation charge fit in, time-wise?

I just can’t see it going down like an argument in the afternoon, then Patrick starts calling/asking around for help in murdering her. No one can do it, or they don’t get back to him in time, so he kills her himself later that day? Unless he’d been planning it for a while?

My guess is pre-planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member