CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you in CO? In CA we can't see CPS cases or "paternity" cases. We can see child support cases and divorce and guardianships.

Child custody hearings can fall under a dependency case (CPS/state takes child into care), guardianship (relative seeks guardianship because parents can't care for child), and parentage (which people know as "paternity/unmarried parents cases).

So when you say custody, what do you mean?

Can you see juvenile dependency cases in CO? Or is this just showing because he's high profile?

The only way I think this could actually be related to something KB filed is if you can never see and juvenile dependency case online. Not even hearings. AND if she filed a child support or parentage case as a JV case but nothing is accessible to the public in such cases EXCEPT listed hearings?

* looks up to the sky as she sees this post flying over her head*

Whoa, criminal law is so much easier to understand! I believe family law is your specialty so kudos for helping us out, especially those who understand.

If you use iMessage, iPhone to iPhone, all the texts and messages are stored.

We buy more phones than I care to admit and the only thing that isn’t stored is search history but the FBI can find that too.
Also, if you own more than one Apple device and you use the cloud, your search history is saved and can be accessed by any of your devices even if one is lost or damaged.

What do you think?

Do you think some of the trash confiscated at the dump pointed LE back to her house, the apparent crime scene?

Or do you think a friend of PF is talking...?

Other explanations for what got the case moving?

Just curious.

You know what's really strange to me? We know so little about Kelsey as a missing person, which is unlike many other cases. LE has never told us what type phone she had, wouldn't that be important info to share? Someone noticing a random iPhone or Android with a certain cover, etc...
I agree. They captured some of her clothing when she entered the market. Was that coat still in her home? Where were the flyers discussing what she was last seen wearing?

I have been reading and reading but it's so hard to get caught up! I don't know if this has been mentioned but a thought I had and wondered about is if he mailed the phone to Idaho? I might have missed some info, but considering from what I understand it was off for a few days then pinged it's possible he met someone online and paid them to send these texts...or who knows!!??!! Just seemed possible he mailed the phone to Idaho to make it look like she was close to home base.

Yes, it's been suggested numerous times. Do you think he would mail it there and then just turn it on remotely? Or was it sent to someone who did that then got rid of it or did he mail it and pick it up himself? Where did it end up, in the PO or a mail box or what?

I have a hard time thinking he dumped incriminating evidence knowing all eyes are on him...??? Why in the world would he dump evidence when EVERYONE is watching him??
PF thought he was so smart, he sat in a white pickup while his
2 buddies unloaded the trash on the trailer. He was still
recognized by the dump employee.

I'm still not convinced that's true. I would like to know how big his herd is.
Can't be that big, maybe 25 head? I don't know how long the growing season is in CO, but I would figure with 35 acres of pasture, he could support at most 25 head (taking into account the space taken up by the house, barn and driveway)

Interesting that they make an exception for his family while barring him from contact with anyone named in the sealed affidavit. Doesn’t that sound like a family member is named in the affidavit - otherwise, why the need to make an exception? Kinda makes me think that it’s more likely that a family member is the solicited person. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Yes, I noticed that wording.

PF thought he was so smart, he sat in a white pickup while his
2 buddies unloaded the trash on the trailer. He was still
recognized by the dump employee.

It is unusual. At first, I thought they must just be dumping off normal trash from the farm...because surely he wouldn’t go to a local public place to dispose of anything incriminating...

But now I’m not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unusual. At first, I thought they mustn’t just be dumping off normal trash from the farm...because surely he wouldn’t go to a local public place to dispose of anything incriminating...

But now I’m not sure.

I thought the same thing, maybe he picked up the locals trash in the area regularly and took it to the dump. Since they said there was no road pickup. I would never guess he would be stupid enough to take trash with evidence in it to the local dump right by the police station!

Yes, it's been suggested numerous times. Do you think he would mail it there and then just turn it on remotely? Or was it sent to someone who did that then got rid of it or did he mail it and pick it up himself? Where did it end up, in the PO or a mail box or what?

At first, I thought Kelsey might have even still been alive and even maybe sent the texts herself...if something didn’t go bad until after she and a traveling companion reached ID.

But now I think someone else (maybe who already had reason to be in Idaho) took the phone out there, turned it on, and disposed of it.

I thought the same thing, maybe he picked up the locals trash in the area regularly and took it to the dump. Since they said there was no road pickup. I would never guess he would be stupid enough to take trash with evidence in it to the local dump right by the police station!

Willing to bet PF never thought he’d be recognized at the dump since he was in an unfamiliar vehicle and other people were unloading trash.

P
What do you think?

Do you think some of the trash confiscated at the dump pointed LE back to her house, the apparent crime scene?

Or do you think a friend of PF is talking...?

Other explanations for what got the case moving?

Just curious.
I think someone is singing like a canary. Perhaps a side chick or someone who thinks they may be implicated and it was most likely someone he was calling numerous times around when she disappeared. Think how easy it would be to get someone to talk if LE said,"We know you were talking and we believe you were involved. We have his phone.

Right, and it’s a small town of 7,500 people. To me that makes it even more likely that local people might know what a person looks like or what car they drive or who they hang out with.

I am starting to believe he was only smart enough to clean up the crime scene and dispose of the body...but not smart enough to think through many other possible gaps in his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18