CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tippy Lynn this is your timeline that you posted on Friday at 1:52 pm.

Are you keeping an update such as the information we found out on Friday?

As time moves on in the case, it's great to have a timeline from the beginning because I think we're going to get a lot more information.

And now that we know another date is on the 15th of December the Twin Falls law enforcement was requested to help,(source
Idaho authorities announce evidence found in Kelsey Berreth case )
I would like to see that added to the timeline, and the date they determined that her house was indeed the crime scene and what was removed, etc.

There are probably a few other things that could be added by others if anybody wants to quote this and add to it?

November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB’s phone to her employer
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone

December 2nd - Sunday
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference
Woodland Park Police Department

December 12th - Wednesday
PF Attorney releases statement - PF is cooperating with investigators

December 13th - Thursday
Candlelight Vigil Held for KB

December 14th - Friday
Search Warrant Franzee Property/Residence
Woodland Park Police said they are conducting interviews and casework and are working "around the clock" on the case.

December 16th - Sunday
The search of Patrick Frazee's property concludes Sunday night

December 18th - Tuesday
Five law enforcement vehicles seen leaving PF Property
PF and 2 others made trip to Waste Management Landfill

December 19th - Wednesday
LE at Kelsey’s Residence

December 20th - Thursday
LE at Kelsey’s Residence

December 21st - Friday
Arrested- 1st degree murder
Archonix XJail Public
Press Conference 10am MST
Woodland Park Police Department

you might want to add LE were at KB's on Dec 15 as well. There are pictures showing the door sealed with the date dec 15 on it.

Wild speculation here:

I wonder if Kelsey witnessed any inappropriate behavior/discipline by PF towards the baby, or maybe confronted him about bruising or other marks. Threatening to report him to the police over such things could trigger a guy with a short fuse to do some dramatic things.
I also wondered this after I saw the photo of him coming out of his atty.'s office holding that baby like it was a Rag Doll and her
poor little thin legs and arms just dangling.

Many towns and areas do not allow you to bury livestock on the property and usually if that is the case you have them taken away where they are buried in a huge pit. I know awful. PF had enough land and privacy that he could bury on his property but he could have just drug them out to a more remote area and they would be eaten. But it brings in the mountain lions and you really do not want them making themselves comfortable around your animals.
In Teller County they do not even pick up the roadkill such as deer etc. they might push it over to the side of the road but it is left for predators and they make short order of it in just a few days and all that is left is some bones.
That hole could have been that or it could have been the septic.
Thank you! There's a man with a couple acres and a couple of horses. One got loose and ran into traffic and was hit by several cars. It ended up across the highway on a hill.
Someone elses's property. He was allowed to bury it there. Every time I go see my dad, I see that big cross.
It don't see it on Google Earth though.
This is in Georgia, there aren't many people who are allowed to have livestock on their property in this part of the state. Here's a picture of the area where it happened.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-112838_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-112838_Earth.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 39
If this was premeditated, it has to be one of the most stupid on record.

No exit plan I can see, except he was in possession of the baby.

But to take something incriminating to the dump . . . good grief -- that has to put the star on the treetop. His place had been searched. They didn't find it. LEAVE IT ALONE!
Must have known,or believed LE could get search warrants for more properties. It's what I would do if I were on LE on this case.
Leave no stone unturned.
Moo

As PF now has a public defendant, PF would not be permitted to be interrogated as CW was.
This is the part where I think PF was light years ahead of CW in smarts. I wonder if PF had conversations in the past with his LE family about arrest/lawyers? Actually I can almost guarantee he did. I know my friends & I discuss lots of things with our LE friend. So far it appears that PF had this planned out. His downfall though may be, like CW (and this is where they are both stupid) is to think you can ever outsmart LE.

Very nice -- and thorough. Thank you. Makes sense, as well. It's so good to see the way so many different minds work. But logical and smart. Keen eye is right.

I was not considering that the relationship being over for awhile would mean that he was not likely to have killed her in heat.

Very interesting.

Now, here's another question. If he was not emotionally involved with the baby and KB any longer, is it possible he and/or his mother was/were paid by KB for their childcare while she worked those long hours?
I'll formulate my opinion based on what I've seen transpire in other situations. If his household was faced with economic challenges and KB's finances permitted, it's reasonable to think she may have been helping them out calling it "child care".

Keen eye. The solicitation charge tipped the scale for me. With no witnesses in Colorado coming forward to say anything besides, "Ive seen them exchange the kid", I was confident they had not been a couple for a very long time. And for that reason, I thought they lacked the emotional investment necessary for the heated argument gone awry. I also did not believe custody issues were at stake. I don't think they planned on having a kid and for very different reasons, full time custody was not a viable option . Still, I was stumped. He appeared guilty, but what was the motive? When they announced the solicitation charge, I questioned why if he had the ability to kill her himself, hire someone and risk exposure--unless that second person knew him well and also had something to gain by silencing her. And I began to see PF in a new light. A ****! It was said he trained dogs so I pondered whether he was involved in a dog-fighting ring. Or maybe involved with drugs. Something to earn some quick bucks. And maybe she knew too much. When all the information flowed in for the arrest, the timing and the charges led me to believe someone was talking. The person he solicited seemed like the only likely candidate. I hope that thoroughly answers your question!

The solicitation charge surprised me too! I don't, however, get a drug vibe from this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of his dealings were shady, maybe, but not at a high level and not with drugs.

Though, I will add this to my list of possibilities because it could be a possibility. I think Kesley had high morals and high standards, and if she knew something illegal was going on, I don't think she would tolerate it.

jmo

The wellness check happened around ten days after she disappeared...so only maybe. They make paint that has low to no scent now too.
Oh, sorry, I meant the first time they went in. I thought they went twice.
When they discovered the cinnamon buns. I cant remember now, but I thought they checked before they filed the missing persons report, and then PF told her mother she had sent the texts so they didn't file until later.

Last edited:
Ugh nothing worse than when they pass in the barn. I have seen barns having to be partially taken apart to get them out, either that or cut them up which I want to hurl as I write this.
Also if you can bury on your property and the horse is scheduled to be euthanized the hole is already dug and they are put down right there.
Same here SoVeryMe, they are my family and I lose it when the end is near as with any of my animals but the joy they bring me far outweighs that proverbial end.

I agree about passing in the barn....ugh....so awful. We were lucky that he wasn’t in his stall! It was an awful ordeal in which he had to be euthanized so we were able to prepare somewhat in that aspect.

100% agree about the joy they bring....my animals are all the best therapy for me personally and have helped get me though some difficult times. ❤️

I have a question. We have heard from LE that there was evidence found in KB’s home that suggests her murder occurred there. We have heard from LE that evidence has been found in Twin Falls and will be investigated relating to this crime. But have we ever actually heard from LE that evidence was found after PF visited Waste Management? I know they collected and removed some things, but did they ever state that evidence was found? Or was that just inferred by many due to the increased speed of the investigation after PF visited dump?

ETA- if not, I guess it’s also possible that LE just didn’t officially announce whether they found evidence or not, since PF was still “free.”

I honestly can't see why a custody issue between them would become a problem considering they weren't married, lived apart, and already had a shared parenting schedule. What seriously could have changed if they broke up and went on with their personal dating lives? not a whole lot. People do it ALL the time. The divorce rate has been around 40-50% for as long as I can remember... And yet they weren't married so there's that statistic...
RSBM for focus. Actually I don't see a whole lot of difference in being married or not & custody issues. (child support, schedules) My niece & her baby daddy are not married. He is making things quite difficult for her & if & when she needs things to change she has to take him to court. Court/lawyer is expensive. IMO it's possible KB was going to move back home & take the baby. I'm pretty sure they would have had to go through court proceedings to do that. Again.. expensive. PF may have seen the handwriting on the wall for all the expensive court battles coming up. Sooo he decided to kill her, & ironically had to hire a lawyer & is now setting in jail being represented by a public defender because he most likely couldn't continue to afford a private one.

This is the part where I think PF was light years ahead of CW in smarts. I wonder if PF had conversations in the past with his LE family about arrest/lawyers? Actually I can almost guarantee he did. I know my friends & I discuss lots of things with our LE friend. So far it appears that PF had this planned out. His downfall though may be, like CW (and this is where they are both stupid) is to think you can ever outsmart LE.
Quite often perps DO outsmart local LE but when they bring
in FBI or state investigators, you usually see great progress
in solving the crime. I think that's what happened here when local LE went to KB's home several times and missed evidence
but FBI came in and found it.

I have a question. We have heard from LE that there was evidence found in KB’s home that suggests her murder occurred there. We have heard from LE that evidence has been found in Twin Falls and will be investigated relating to this crime. But have we ever actually heard from LE that evidence was found after PF visited Waste Management? I know they collected and removed some things, but did they ever state that evidence was found? Or was that just inferred by many due to the increased speed of the investigation after PF visited dump?
Inferred.

Quite often perps DO outsmart local LE but when they bring
in FBI or state investigators, you usually see great progress
in solving the crime. I think that's what happened here when local LE went to KB's home several times and missed evidence
but FBI came in and found it.
I fully agree & was actually going to put that in my post. Not enough coffee yet... lol.

The solicitation charge didn't surprise me at all. IMO PF has come across with an almost arrogant confidence about his innocence, i.e. turning things over etc, and not letting us see his reaction, emotions (or lack of) by covering up with a lawyer...like someone else was involved.

I like the speculation too about the 'cooled' relationship and no real emotional investment.

PF also struck me as a guy with poor "temper control", someone that does not like when things/people don't bend to his will (as per videos with animals and neighbor comments).

So as for motive, I'm thinking, If he knew that KB wasn't someone who would 'bend to his will', what would PF have to gain...with the help of someone else...with KB out of the picture?

He did have time to cover up before real inquiry into her disappearance.

Very nice -- and thorough. Thank you. Makes sense, as well. It's so good to see the way so many different minds work. But logical and smart. Keen eye is right.

I was not considering that the relationship being over for awhile would mean that he was not likely to have killed her in heat.

Very interesting.

Now, here's another question. If he was not emotionally involved with the baby and KB any longer, is it possible he and/or his mother was/were paid by KB for their childcare while she worked those long hours?
I don't think she would have paid the baby's father for taking care of his own child. Although their relationship may have been over, I'm not sure that means he was not emotionally attached to the baby. Although he may have wanted "control" of the baby. Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member