CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild speculation here:

I wonder if Kelsey witnessed any inappropriate behavior/discipline by PF towards the baby, or maybe confronted him about bruising or other marks. Threatening to report him to the police over such things could trigger a guy with a short fuse to do some dramatic things.

I would really hope not, and I hate to even think that way without evidence of it :(

I think Kelesy made more money and was more financially stable than PF. MOO. I doubt he bought her anything big like that. Her car was mainly for commuting because it got better gas mileage than her truck. Once you own a little pick up truck you find it's very handy to have and hard to go back to not having one. At least that is my experience. :D

I agree. For someone who commutes a long way and also needs to get around in the mountains and snow, I don’t see KB having two vehicles as an extravagant thing.

We don’t know the make /models and age of her car and truck, but once a vehicle is paid off, all you are paying is annual registration and car insurance to have a second car. Some trucks are not that expensive compared to cars and can be cheaper than a comprable SUV.

Woodland Park is located in a higher elevation around mountainous terrain and has snow. The snow can melt quickly in CO, but when we have blizzards we need to drive around hilly terrain on bad roads. I can see having a lower profile car that works well for commuting long distances and a second vehicle that is higher off the ground and easier in snow and mountains.

moo!

I also wondered this after I saw the photo of him coming out of his atty.'s office holding that baby like it was a Rag Doll and her
poor little thin legs and arms just dangling.

I have seen this posted quite a few times on here.
I do not see how we can judge a persons parenting abilities on how they are carrying their baby, that is nonsense.
The other day when in the grocery store a man was carrying his baby that same way, he was kissing that baby on the head and she was laughing away, he looked like a good father to me. I have also seen women carry babies like that.
HOW does that tell us what kind of parent they are?

I don't think there is much question that PF is the father. He must be listed on the birth certificate or he wouldn't have had the child the last several weeks.

I've been wondering about the birth certificate (not the parentage).

Perhaps PF had possession of the baby in what LE deemed a precarious, volatile situation.

Maybe since he had been posing or "presenting" as the child's father and they were a family, LE had to research his status.

Even if it was discovered he had no legal rights, he still had possession. Perhaps everything was played very cautiously to ensure the well-being of the baby.

Many towns and areas do not allow you to bury livestock on the property and usually if that is the case you have them taken away where they are buried in a huge pit. I know awful. PF had enough land and privacy that he could bury on his property but he could have just drug them out to a more remote area and they would be eaten. But it brings in the mountain lions and you really do not want them making themselves comfortable around your animals.
In Teller County they do not even pick up the roadkill such as deer etc. they might push it over to the side of the road but it is left for predators and they make short order of it in just a few days and all that is left is some bones.
That hole could have been that or it could have been the septic.
Thanks for the info. If KB's body was left out in the Rockies anywhere, I believe it would also quickly suffer that fate with bones scattered. The Bittaker/Norris victims were dumped off a cliff into a canyon in the mountains near LA, bones scattered over 100 yards, and no trace of some victims at all.

As to the septic system, I don't think that where the excavator dug looks like the right placement. The tank should be closer to the house with a shorter pipe so contents have less line to get clogged. And no structure of the system - inlet pipe, tank, leech lines - should ever have cars and trucks driving over it. I think the cadaver dogs hit there and the body may have been placed there temporarily at some point. JMO

Very nice -- and thorough. Thank you. Makes sense, as well. It's so good to see the way so many different minds work. But logical and smart. Keen eye is right.

I was not considering that the relationship being over for awhile would mean that he was not likely to have killed her in heat.

Very interesting.

Now, here's another question. If he was not emotionally involved with the baby and KB any longer, is it possible he and/or his mother was/were paid by KB for their childcare while she worked those long hours?
Why would she pay the father of the child to look after her?

Thanks for the info. If KB's body was left out in the Rockies anywhere, I believe it would also quickly suffer that fate with bones scattered. The Bittaker/Norris victims were dumped off a cliff into a canyon in the mountains near LA, bones scattered over 100 yards, and no trace of some victims at all.

As to the septic system, I don't think that where the excavator dug looks like the right placement. The tank should be closer to the house with a shorter pipe so contents have less line to get clogged. And no structure of the system - inlet pipe, tank, leech lines - should ever have cars and trucks driving over it. I think the cadaver dogs hit there and the body may have been placed there temporarily at some point. JMO
Good point!
Our septic tank is about 5 feet away from our house, if that! I watched the man pump it out, had a window open at the time. Yuck!!!
A body could definitely fit in there, but not without some heavy equipment to get that huge concrete lid off of it!!
Moo

Last edited:
In my sleuthing of the mailed phone theory I had mentioned Twin Falls in my post on Monday. I just thought that was weird. Not sure how to link it.

Welcome newbie greyorgrey

If you click on your own name at the top of your page, you will see your option to look at your profile. And then to look at your previous post. That way you can see your post that you did earlier. I believe this is the one you are talking about and I'm bringing it forward for you. HTH

"In regards to Gooding- FedEx, airport, other talked about facility. I thought it was a coincidence that all three would be in the small town of Gooding that is not a highway or interstate town (info about location, 11 miles off interstate stated in a comment on here, and maps). The Fedex Express drop box in Gooding is outside of a real estate office on the corner of a Main Street and is highly visible in the daytime. It is to place Fedex Express packages only that have a label either preprinted or printed from your online account. Just not sure it that had been mentioned. Posting in case people were thinking there was actual Fedex operations going on in Gooding. The closest operations are about 30 minutes away for ground service, and an hour away in Twin Falls for air (Express) packages that would come in through Magic Valley Regional Airport. I cannot find any way to obtain a Fedex package in Gooding other than receiving it at a given address. Also FedEx does not deliver to PO boxes under normal package delivery. Not sure if any of this is of significance at all."

Hi Everyone! New member here. This case is really interesting. Shocked about the solicitation charge
Can’t wait to see what unfolds as this case heats up.
Unless PF is a complete idiot, I highly doubt he had any evidence in the trash that was taken to the landfill. I mean you would think he would think people are watching me, right?
Welcome to Websleuths @Dexxie8

I agree that if he did dump something it was pretty foolish on his part. But LE (and we here on WS) count on the stupidity of criminals...so that they are caught.

Oh I did not mean KB, I was talking livestock!

I thought that too about the placement of the tank but it could be very rocky there and that is where the tank ended up.
In the picture the hole looks clean from what I can see, no pipes etc. sticking out. And yes you do not want equipment running over any of that. I hope in the future we find out what the big hole was all about.

Harmony, There is a rumor going around that you are bringing coffee and donuts for a snack break this morning....... Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy !
LOL I spoiled you all during the Mollie Tibbetts missing case with coffee graphics and goodies every morning.

Happy Holidays everyone! I am very sad that Kelsey's baby will no longer have her parents to enjoy Christmas with and what happened to her mom will always affect her life and happiness.

LOL I spoiled you all during the Mollie Tibbetts missing case with coffee graphics and goodies every morning.

Happy Holidays everyone! I am very sad that Kelsey's baby will no longer have her parents to enjoy Christmas with and what happened to her mom will always affect her life and happiness.
That is the sad part in all of this. Just think of all the things this little girl will go through with no parents. I hope somebody really good and loving raises her.
The consequences of actions!

I also wondered this after I saw the photo of him coming out of his atty.'s office holding that baby like it was a Rag Doll and her
poor little thin legs and arms just dangling.

Didn't look like the baby was dressed warmly enough either in some of those pictures. Do you think her dad had enough clothes for her? Maybe he was going back and forth between his place and Kelsey's using the clothes as a reason for going in to the house.

No matter what case I am interested in Harmony ALWAYS brings coffee and pastry when she opens a thread, she is a wonderful host. Happy Holidays to you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214