CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I think they found someone with a link to Cowboy Pat, and they are searching their property.
Maybe they uncovered SF's Thanksgiving guest list....perhaps an Idaho visitor that returned home with more than he arrived with. MOO

Great thought, a guest for TG dinner leaves with the evidence... to Idaho.

Who thinks SF knew?

Possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth investigation found in Idaho

"A court document available online indicated Berreth was killed on Thanksgiving Day".

It would seem some evidence that they've obtained - either in CO or ID - is sturdy enough to definitively place her day of death on the 22nd, taking it out of the speculative range.

I am guessing that they have found a 'witness' in Twin Falls area. That 'witness' had some info about the phone and also about what happened on Thanksgiving. Just speculating, from what little we know.

Who knows?? We don't even know how many head of cattle he actually has. Nor do we know how many hours he spent shoeing horses per day or week or how many dogs he has and is training to sell. Its possible he was all show and no glow. Meaning he flashed a good line to KB and once she got there and started figuring out he was not what he said he was... then it all started started going south. As far as illegal, I'm trying to figure out what that could be.. only think I'm coming up with is cattle fraud.. not saying he did but it can happen/does happen.

"All show and no glow"- never heard that one but I agree.

Her Dad picked up on this, I'm sure, based on the comments
that her parents were "skeptical" of him and they thought he
was an "odd duck".
Sadly, I think KB was a nice, naive, young woman who was
not real experienced w/ men and had the wool pulled over her
eyes by PF.
Many guys lie like crazy on dating sites. They brag about their
accomplishments, their possessions, etc. when in real life
they're losers, living with mommy, truck's in mommy's name,
have bad credit, poor relationships w/ ex-girlfriends and on
and on. Many also use and abuse drugs and alcohol.
I don't see KB being savvy enough to have checked out PF's
veracity. But when she moved near him, slowly all his faults
became apparent. The real PF was not what she'd been sold.
Her disenchantment with him not changing his ways was
what set him off. He was a fake, a bum, an immature and
spoiled young guy and she was letting him know she was done.
She was moving on to greener pastures. And his rage couldn't handle it.

^^^this 1000x. I have done my own share of online dating. Most of the men were liars, but you don't find out until a few months into dating them. And by that time, if you sort of like the guy, you minimize and justify the "misinformation".

After a few incidents, I ended my online dating. And, found a guy at work, who I knew everything about him before we started dating.

Has this possibility been discussed yet....

Is it possible that LE firmly states they know Kelsey was murdered because someone took a photo/video and LE has seen it? Perhaps the background in the image is Kelsey's home and that's why they know the murder happened there....but the body was taken to an unknown location.

Tossing that out there. Possible?

jmo
I've wondered the same thing. A photo. Was there a 2nd person who wanted to see Kelsey eliminated? And PF wanted to "prove" he got the job done?

Great thought, a guest for TG dinner leaves with the evidence... to Idaho.

Who thinks SF knew?
While there’s a smaller chance she knew, I have a hard time believing someone who trained years to be in the medical field would be likely to join a plot to cover it up.

I think it’s more likely that PF told her he didn’t do it. But maybe as time went on she began to wonder if he could be involved. She may have pushed that thought out of her mind, not wanting to believe her son could do something like that.

Would be surprised if another woman enters the picture. Folks have had nearly a month to investigate this guy...seems like someone, someplace, would have found her by now. But who knows...jmo.

Anyway, he was not married...he could have just split with Kelsey and filed papers for joint custody if he was “over”her.

That's interesting because I've been thinking that she possibly found out something nefarious about him by mistake and confronted him about it. I honestly can't see why a custody issue between them would become a problem considering they weren't married, lived apart, and already had a shared parenting schedule. What seriously could have changed if they broke up and went on with their personal dating lives? not a whole lot. People do it ALL the time. The divorce rate has been around 40-50% for as long as I can remember... And yet they weren't married so there's that statistic...

You know, I've been wondering about his actual legal status where the baby is concerned. There was some discussion that the baby may have been given KB's last name.

If that's so, is it possible his name is not even on the birth certificate? If not, would he have any legal rights to the baby?

Would he not have to prove -- through DNA testing and perhaps the actions of caring for the baby, them "presenting" as a couple as one poster said back in thread No. 6 -- that the baby was his?

If his name is not on the birth certificate and KB moved out of state with the baby, did he have any recourse?

When we divorced, I suggested joint custody. My attorney said, "No. You're looking at a promotion and move. You need sole custody."

Otherwise, I would have had to go back to court for permission to move.

So, if the baby's birth certificate has only the mother's name on it . . . what legal ramifications would that have?

Could KB have simply moved and he really could not have had any legal rights?

Can't help wondering . . .

You know, I've been wondering about his actual legal status where the baby is concerned. There was some discussion that the baby may have been given KB's last name.

If that's so, is it possible his name is not even on the birth certificate? If not, would he have any legal rights to the baby?

Would he not have to prove -- through DNA testing and perhaps the actions of caring for the baby, them "presenting" as a couple as one poster said back in thread No. 6 -- that the baby was his?

If his name is not on the birth certificate and KB moved out of state with the baby, did he have any recourse?

When we divorced, I suggested joint custody. My attorney said, "No. You're looking at a promotion and move. You need sole custody."

Otherwise, I would have had to go back to court for permission to move.

So, if the baby's birth certificate has only the mother's name on it . . . what legal ramifications would that have?

Could KB have simply moved and he really could not have had any legal rights?

Can't help wondering . . .

I wondered whether that day PF took the baby to the attorney’s office, it was to do a paternity test to prove it. I recognize that they would usually send him to a clinic, but if PF appearing publicly at a medical office or other testing site would have caused a stir, maybe they paid for a service to meet them privately.

I know love is blind but I just can't see what KB saw in PF. I know they met online and quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he sold her a bill of goods and a big one at that being she moved to CO from WA to be with him.

You have an attractive very successful person who has accomplished a lot in her life including a commercial pilot's license and a CFI.

Meanwhile he is still living at home, using his mother's small patch of dirt to do everything from training dogs, horses, jockeying cattle, rodeo events and even works as a farrier but the truth is he was mostly scratching for a living. Get a pickup truck, throw a bale of hay in the back and you're a cowboy. Like they say " All hat and no cattle."
Good question! Maybe she enjoyed having the intellectual/emotional "upper hand" in the relationship. Professionally she was a trainer, a leader per se. Maybe this extended into her personal life as well. She may have wanted someone to "fix".

Is anyone else wondering whether there was some redrywalling, flooring that was so artfully redone at KB's house and that's why initial luminal tests showed nothing? Maybe LE had to tear up floor boards to find a mass of blood (ladder/large flat pieces of evidence hauled away by LE)? Also wondering if there were any burn piles on any properties associated with PF's "friends" from the dump? Wondering if there was some small building material item on that trailer at the dump that led them back to KB's? Did PF have any carpentry/ building skills? Did PF go to those lengths to try to get away with this?

Don't know if anyone has discussed this. I do my best to keep up with the threads.

The residence of someone whom he was engaged in criminal activity with. Drugs, illegal *advertiser censored*, drg fighting...

Are you saying you did find a connection to a person like this?

Or that is the kind of person you suspect?

I for sure think it could be someone with a sketchy history that he used as an accomplice. But I also think it could just be property he is familiar with—owned by a friend, family member etc. that he helped himself to.

Is anyone else wondering whether there was some redrywalling, flooring that was so artfully redone at KB's house and that's why initial luminal tests showed nothing? Maybe LE had to tear up floor boards to find a mass of blood (ladder/large flat pieces of evidence hauled away by LE)? Also wondering if there were any burn piles on any properties associated with PF's "friends" from the dump? Wondering if there was some small building material item on that trailer at the dump that led them back to KB's? Did PF have any carpentry/ building skills? Did PF go to those lengths to try to get away with this?

Don't know if anyone has discussed this. I do my best to keep up with the threads.

I agree that something like a can of paint or other materials in the trash he dumped may have tipped them off.

Does anyone know WHY Kelsey had two cars? Did PF by her the 2nd car? Toying with the idea of whether he was involved with illegal activity and money laundering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME