CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived in CO over 35 years. But the issue wouldn't be going north if you wanted to keep someone buried in snow but the trick is going UP. The further you go north in CO the lower it is in elevation. Woodland Park is about 8500' Colorado Springs 6500, Denver 5300' and when you get to the northern border of CO it is about 5000' or less. There are some places high that still have snow in July and virtually year round. The trouble is that it is solid rock. We used to climb a 14er every weekend and 1 every month in the winter time and it was not uncommon to see snow on the shaded areas of the peaks that didn't get any sunlight, especially in gullies and draws and such. Not much snow on the Peak now but will probably get a foot of it today, tonight and tomorrow just due to the elevation. If it were me I would dispose on some of the wild forest land within 50 miles of there. You could drive up say 67 towards Cripple Creek and over the edge of the road is 1000' drop or more and too steep to hike unless you climb with a harness and ropes. That would be the lazy way as it is just a matter of tossing out of the car off the edge of the road. A more sure way would be down an abandoned mine. Some of these abandoned mines are so remote it is only gonna be you and Jesus, that is how remote some of these are. People don't understand the vastness and remoteness of some of this area. So much of it has never been hiked as it is just too steep to hike.
Yes but the problem is lugging a body to the remote area to begin with! Hiking up a mountain with a body is impossible I imagine unless it's cut up and you make several trips, or you have a body disposal buddy.

Yes. But not without her being legally declared dead.

If she walked away from her life, then there would be no way to claim anything.
All it takes is time. 7 years without evidence of being alive is all he needs. Add to that a case where police determine she is dead, but there's enough evidence to provide reasonable doubt to a jury (the cellphone in ID) and he may have motive to kill her.

Where to send gifts, donations to Kaylee Berreth and family

Monetary donations can be made out to "The Kelsey Berreth Fund" at any Wells Fargo branch.

Cards and gifts for Kayle can be sent to the Berreth family at:

P.O. Box 145

Warden, WA 98857

The family wants the public to know they are very grateful for their kindness and support during this time.

Hello, Seattle. I believe the Judge has now denied the "gag order" request and links are posted a little ways back in the prior thread.
From my post link:

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that a judge has yet to rule on a request to limit pretrial statements in the Frazee case.

Reporting on this case so confusing!

All it takes is time. 7 years without evidence of being alive is all he needs. Add to that a case where police determine she is dead, but there's enough evidence to provide reasonable doubt to a jury (the cellphone in ID) and he may have motive to kill her.
Few killers are willing to wait for that kind of delayed gratification.

That’s a hell of a long time.

This looks nothing like that type of crime.

And besides, what did he have to gain right away by doing this?

Full custody of his child, and no child support.

People have killed for a lot less.

I'm not in Colorado, but here is a location I hope is checked-- there are some small bodies of water near a retreat center. I can't say why this area is of interest, but it is a location I think PF would be familiar with and only about 6 miles from KB's home:
Google Maps

There are no Google Street views, however, so I can't figure out if it is secluded enough from Satellite views.

We're in the Springs. Allot of Trout Creek Road (the road on the map indicated) is part of the National Forest's burn scar, it's a very windy dry dirt road and visible from the main road (much of it treeless) so someone would be fairly visible driving out to those reservoirs on the Google Map. Also I agree, in Florissant and Cripple Creek it's gets colder as you go UP and things stay frozen. Perhaps he had a snowmobile or other ATV to transport her higher up to a mine, ect. MOO

Last edited:
You know looking for a sugar mama does make some sense. Nothing more alluring to the next woman than a man with a baby and sob story about being deserted by his fiance and his poor motherless child.

Would this honestly make him a good catch? I'm having a hard time thinking another woman, his age, early 30's, would find it appealing he had a small child whose mother is not in the picture. But others have said the same, not just you.

You know looking for a sugar mama does make some sense. Nothing more alluring to the next woman than a man with a baby and sob story about being deserted by his fiance and his poor motherless child.

OT but didn't NK say that when she found out CW was a Daddy.....SO CUTE or something to that effect.

Maybe sending a text from Idaho was NOT PF's idea. That might explain why he took her phone and purse yet failed to grab an overnight bag. Maybe the idea was generated after her death by someone who was heading to Idaho who had a partial stake in the crime.

Would this honestly make him a good catch? I'm having a hard time thinking another woman, his age, early 30's, would find it appealing he had a small child whose mother is not in the picture. But others have said the same, not just you.

IMO, it could cause problems for the couple. Disciplinary, etc.

I think he didn't want to marry Kelsey anymore, but not necessarily never move out of his mother's home. What he needed was someone who can MAKE that happen without him putting in too much effort. KB stuck her ground. YOU, PF, are NOT moving in without a solid commitment. So, KB wouldn't give him what he wanted. Maybe instead of KB's parents helping her to buy a home he was expecting they would buy a ranch for HIM. KB's parents made the house purchase possible for their daughter as often rent is more costly than a 30 year mortgage. But I am sure, they did not want him moving in either and a year later leaving and claiming he owns half of everything due to "common law." PF needed a wealthier sugar mama.
Edit: bigger to wealthier. size had nothing to do with it :)
Good post. I had wondered ig her parents were trying to protect her investment in that townhome. Seems like they had good instincts.

True, but I'm working from the standpoint that he didn't want the child either. Maybe it's the way he carried her, or that he constantly used her as a buffer or just his general detached behavior, but I don't believe he cared for the child any more than he cared for Kelsey.
Well, a baby is a good insurance policy that Grandma will continue to let him stay on.

Smart post. I do not assume that violent crime scene = copious amounts of blood, or painting or drywalling. I wonder if she was murdered in the loft. Whatever happened, we have not been told of screaming, which implies sudden stunning. People tend to use what they know, like nurses who murder with drugs. How about a cattle bolt?

The thought makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members