CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! "Keeping up with lies would be exhausting and never ending." For fun I'll repeat something I posted several threads ago. There's a German saying my mom reminded us of as children, "Lies have short legs," implying the truth has long legs and it WILL catch up to you :)

I love that! Totally using it with my own kiddos!

I’m putting myself in the shoes of someone who believes the only way for him to get something is murder. Someone to whom the thing to gain outweighs murder.
What would let him believe that the only way for him to get something is murder?
Murder is PRE-TTY heavy : what gain could outweigh murder? -since evidently it was planned.
And what would a 3rd party have to gain by that outcome too? I highly doubt “payment upfront”, but something that could be gained/offered post elimination of KB?

It would be too obvious to suggest life insurance, wouldn’t it?

It would be too obvious to suggest life insurance, wouldn’t it?
That doesn’t really work for me.

He was trying to sell the story that she left on her own. If she is out there, roaming the country, then there is no way to collect insurance.

That’s if it even existed, and he was a beneficiary, which is doubtful to begin with.

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT: No cinnamon rolls mentioned in this post.

Betcha the purpose of those texts was NOT to buy time but to make it appear that Kelsey was NOT in the area. This makes me believe, she is. If he had returned to her home AFTER generating the texts, its reasonable to think he'd put away the "you-know-whats" and pack a bag with her stuff. But he never did.

Agree. The "untouched"crime scene suggest that he disposed of the body on the day/night of Thanksgiving. A day when his time may have been limited due to dinner plans etc.

If that is the case, I don't think the body is near his home in Florissant, or east of Woodland Park since that would kill too much time with back and forth driving. The vast Colorado wilderness is not that vast if you have time constraints. Just my best guess (JMBG).

SBM
I also hate to go back to the cinnamon rolls, but it occurred to me during all the discussion about the clean-up that how would he/they paint and/or drywall, and still leave the cinnamon rolls untouched on the counter? IMO, seems unlikely that they'd still be sitting there.
Smart post. I do not assume that violent crime scene = copious amounts of blood, or painting or drywalling. I wonder if she was murdered in the loft. Whatever happened, we have not been told of screaming, which implies sudden stunning. People tend to use what they know, like nurses who murder with drugs. How about a cattle bolt?

SPOILER ALERT: No cinnamon rolls mentioned in this post.

Betcha the purpose of those texts was NOT to buy time but to make it appear that Kelsey was NOT in the area. This makes me believe, she is. If he had returned to her home AFTER generating the texts, its reasonable to think he'd put away the "you-know-whats" and pack a bag with her stuff. But he never did.

Definitely could be! I’m not sure if I’m not giving PF enough credit for his intelligence or he had help figuring out the details.

I was raised in a small farming community, most of the time the people are “simple”......and I don’t mean that as in dumb. Im personally finding it difficult to see PF as the brains of such a plan. I’m wondering if he had an accomplice who would be clever enough to think of such details. Maybe that’s why he solicited help?

Then again maybe he’s the mastermind and only wanted help with the dirty work.

He was trying to sell the story that she left on her own. If she is out there, roaming the country, then there is no way to collect insurance.

That’s even if it even existed, and he was a beneficiary, which is doubtful to begin with.

Unless of course, he is planning for them to find her? I just don't know. With baby K in his custody, if they did find her body that money would go into trust for K, I imagine. As parent of the child, under certain circumstances of need or health care, that money can be accessed through a court. My late son mistakenly made me the beneficiary of his life pension plan. He had 60% custody of his twin boys. It was a complicated arrangement and I won't get into what that woman did to a dying man. In the end, all his other assets did come to us to put into investments, but the pension fund money went to his ex as she has the children full time now. Our lawyer ensured us that she could not just access those funds willy-nilly. She needed to apply to the court and she would need a good reason. It is in trust until the boys become of age, 18. Just in time for college.

I noticed at the end how her mom stated the clothes she wore at Safeway may have been changed. The way she looked when she said it made be believe that they were in fact changed because they found those clothes, possibly at KB’s home. JMO

I’ve wondered about a possible financial motive.
I think it WAS financially motivated however not in the traditional lines of thinking-- like, life insurance. I think she may have posed a threat to some "dirty money" he was earning and the person who was earning that money with him, was the one he solicited and the one who sent the texts. I don't for a minute think this was related to domestic issues. I think they were bound by a child which neither (for different reasons) wanted to assume full custody, and that there was not enough love between them to be able to generate hate. So the question for me becomes, what did she see? What was he doing?

That’s if it even existed, and he was a beneficiary, which is doubtful to begin with.
He would be if he's the father and the baby is the beneficiary.

Definitely could be! I’m not sure if I’m not giving PF enough credit for his intelligence or he had help figuring out the details.

I was raised in a small farming community, most of the time the people are “simple”......and I don’t mean that as in dumb. Im personally finding it difficult to see PF as the brains of such a plan. I’m wondering if he had an accomplice who would be clever enough to think of such details. Maybe that’s why he solicited help?

Then again maybe he’s the mastermind and only wanted help with the dirty work.
I know so little about farming and rodeos and all that non city stuff. I have a question about these rodeos he competed in. They interviewed a friend of his who had known him for years. A rodeo guy. This individual gave him positive reviews and knew him quite well--but had never met Kelsey. When someone competes, is it common for family members to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState