CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say the green stripes is a new look compared to the usual orange.

Is it terrible that I was thinking his prison garb was sort of festive in an "ugly Christmas sweater" way as he walked by the Christmas tree in the hallway? I had a fleeting moment of wondering if LE dressed him as a giant elf for laughs at his expense. Lol. Then I snapped back to reality and said, "duh-- that's prison garb he is wearing."

On a serious note, in other cases the color of jumpsuit does have meaning. In Kansas yellow means suicide watch, for example. Do we know if the green and white stripes mean anything in Teller county or is it standard colors?

Patrick Frazee appears for custody hearing in Teller County
Both Patrick Frazee and Cheryl Berreth, the mother of Kelsey Berreth, appeared in court Wednesday afternoon for a custody hearing regarding Frazee’s 1-year-old daughter.

KOAA will continue to investigate and will have the full report tonight at 5:00 pm.
Well, if it was just the two of them maybe it is just a matter of him expressing his wishes or giving up his parental rights. Yet he hasn't been convicted so I don't know how that would work.
If his mother was not in attendance, maybe she isn't arguing for custody.
In any case I really think they will give custody to Kelseys parents. It seems the best fit for the child. They are two healthy and able parents and I'm sure they have had time to bond with baby K in the last week or so. Imo

Right, But there are recent pictures of the baby with KB's mother, smiling. So she did know her maternal grandmother. And they cannot really ignore the current murder charges, in making their decision. JMO
And that would be something the judge would inquire into. what amount of time has the child spent with these individuals. If the judge is satisfied that the child has spent time with them and is comfortable with them, then that would be the most likely and logical placement. Given the brevity of the hearing I am wondering if custody was even contested.

Mother of Kelsey Berreth comes face-to-face with daughter's 'killer fiance' Patrick Frazee | Daily Mail Online
A grieving mother faced off with the man accused of killing her daughter in a Colorado courtroom on Thursday.

Cheryl Berreth appeared at the Teller County Courthouse for an emergency custody hearing regarding her granddaughter Kaylee, whose mother Kelsey has been missing since Thanksgiving and is presumed dead.

She was joined by Patrick Frazee, the former fiance of her daughter and Kaylee's father who on Friday was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Kelsey Berreth.

Frazee arrived in the courtroom wearing his prison clothes and looking disheveled while a steely Cheryl kept her composure as she at one point stared down the accused killer.

She arrived in court with her husband by her side as the couple prepared to take custody of their granddaughter.

Frazee was the first to leave after the hearing, exiting the building shackled and in cuffs before being whisked off in a police car.

The Berreths left a short time later and remained silent about the proceedings despite being surrounded by members of the media.

Frazee remained silent throughout the hearing, refusing to speak even during the few times he was addressed by the court.

Last edited:
Well, if it was just the two of them maybe it is just a matter of him expressing his wishes or giving up his parental rights. Yet he hasn't been convicted so I don't know how that would work.
If his mother was not in attendance, maybe she isn't arguing for custody.
In any case I really think they will give custody to Kelseys parents. It seems the best fit for the child. They are two healthy and able parents and I'm sure they have had time to bond with baby K in the last week or so. Imo
Imo he would not give up his parental rights at this time.

Imo
I think it's about control. He resented her not being a stay at home mom, he resented her high flying career, He resented being her own woman. He couldn't control her like he could control his *advertiser censored*. He resented her independence. He would show her like he showed his horse in the trailer, or the horse he rasped in the stomach.

Possibly, but I think the primary reason was that to start with, before KB, PF was not a big-time prize, a tenant on a tiny farm, with an old mom, and working in a struggling industry. I don’t know the details of his life with KB, but to me, the relationship did not have much future, and plus, they lived separately, but too closely.

Their parenting setup, when they lived separately, 15 min away, and shared the kid, was very shaky to start with. It would work only if they would, with time, fall more in love and work towards moving in together. I think that moving in together, eventually, was the assumption. But the weak part would be - what if either of them, or both, fell out of love?

Should PF fall out of love and find someone willing to live with him on the farm, KB, at least per my expectations, would mind her daughter being raised by another woman, big time, and move out. (We assume she wanted to move to WA, but maybe not even that?) I think her first move would have been closer to Doss. She was independent and capable to grow. But even close to Doss would mean, PF’s mom would lose the chance to see the granddaughter on a daily basis.

Should KB fall out of love and develop another love interest, no way would PF allow “his” child be raised by another man. He is very controlling.

I think the situation would have straddled PF’s prospects of dating as women are territorial. It was not easy to start with, given that tiny farm and an ailing mom. Probably not too many takers to start with, and I explain KB’s moving in to CO by her relative inexperience in Inet dating. But even with that, she was probably not eager to live at his farm. And now, two years later, he was still a tenant on a remote farm, with an even older mom plus a very young child to whom his mom was attached.

And any move of KB would mean, paying her child support, and PF was already struggling financially.

So I don’t know what happened, and who was involved, all the details, but it seems that PF was in dire straits, marriage-wise, to start with, and now the whole construction became too convoluted.

Honestly, I think that they simply wanted to support their daughter and granddaughter the best way they could. They helped her settle down, so that she could grow up professionally and find happiness. Like any good parents would. I see absolutely nothing in it except for the desire to help their child.

My comment wasn't meant as a dig on the parents, or KB. Just that a lot of people create LLC's when buying property (outside their current residence) for investment or other reasons, and when they do, they can use those properties as business tax write offs when visiting. It's a common occurrence for those who own and rent VRBO properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste