CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me PF looks lazy. Low energy. How he ever got the energy to murder KB confuses me. The motive had to be the baby. He fell in love with K. and he somehow was feeling threatened about her leaving him and taking the baby. They were ill matched, IMO. He probably wanted Susie Homemaker to stay home, doing all the farm house wifey things. KB was an ambitious career woman. I think she called her mom to get the cinnamon roll recipe to at least make something from scratch for Thanksgiving. I still don’t understand why she wasn’t going to his place for Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing wrong with going out to dinner for Thanksgiving but it is a family holiday. I am wondering if she did not get along with SF. MOO
My guess is that he felt as if he was in a pressure cooker between the two women. I should state research facts here, but this is my hunch. Girlfriend wants him to move out and grow up, mom taking care of baby possibly telling him I’m raising your baby here while your girlfriend is where. No facts here just hunch.

And there is some similarity now to the Terry Rasmussen/Robert Evans minus Denise Beaudin saga (single man with a young girl, more attractive to lure an unsuspecting woman into the scenario.)

Has P’s alleged animal abuse been verified?

As someone that’s always had horse and herd dogs, I know what it takes to be in control of both. Horses are large, powerful animals. In my experience there’s a huge dif’ in the way I treat my horses compared to men I trail ride with. Just sayin’, I don’t see them slathering their steed with kisses, carrying apples, carrots, radishes & peppermints in their saddle bags and such.

Australian sheps’ & border collies are two dog breeds known for their ability to outsmart their owner. Horribly clever creatures & I've found it imperative to show mine that I am the boss, from early on. If not they get out of hand, quickly. By no means am I abusive & they still get away with way too much. Currently, I have one flipping the ceiling light/fan on & off in hopes I’ll put my tablet down and notice him. Same thing if I’m reading, doing my nails, etc. it’s gotta be all about him. All the time.

How wonderful that you have such an intelligent dog.
I certainly hope you do put your tablet away, and notice him.:):)

Yep. Time and time again.
Man murders wife, girlfriend, now baby Mama.
<modsnipped off topic>

<modsnipped reply to off topic> And I agree, these women could have been way better off without their sperm donors, and in general, the deaths of these strong, talented, beautiful women, and children, is a horrible, horrible loss that we all mourn.

Last edited by a moderator:
they charged PF with murder in the 1st. he killed her. They charged him with solicitation.
He asked someone to help in some capacity. they did or did not. but PF killed her.

What if an accomplice turned himself in & has some type of immunity agreement? Deferred arrest? No? Lol. Has this not happened in previous cases?
Tysm

I don’t believe there’s an accomplice. I think PF asked a cowboy friend to “off” K, the dude declined, later heard K went missing & contacted LE . OR, LE paid him a visit after finding cellular communications.

OT...but my late brother had seven Aussie dogs and he was a big softy...but he had to be firm with that bunch :) They really are their own dogs, and can take charge very quickly if you let them, especially in groups.

Not justifying PF in any way if he really was cruel to horses...just saying, about that particular breed (and use of that word for female dogs, which is completely common, if horrid) it is not unusual to be firm in training imo.

Yep. Time and time again.
Man murders wife, girlfriend, now baby Mama.
<modsnipped off topic>

If only these women left once they realized their partners changed.
I know there are finances, children, loads of disruption and hope for better times.
But the consequences can be tragic, in staying.

<modsnipped reply to off topic>
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe her mother knew KB was dead by Nov. 30th. I also think her mother knew KB was concerned and knew why in the days and weeks leading up to her death. CB's interview was a performance for PF. She knew much more at that time. I think she did not report KB missing bc of the threat of PF to baby K.

Just speculation on my part but I totally agree...
I'm not in the camp where they just broke up Thanksgiving Day. I think early on there was a romance but I'm guessing it was rather short lived and KB just decided to cut her losses and get out early. She just seems to be smart enough to know when it is a bad deal. She probably wasn't real forthcoming with her family and they still assumed she was engaged to this big time rancher in the mountains of CO. She had to have seen he was barely getting by and I'm sure she had doubts she was gonna change her cowboy who is still living with his mother. I think she was too smart for that and decided this relationship was not in her best interest. I don't think she feared him as he still played the role of Mr Mom. But I am guessing it was over shortly after it started. I see one pic of them together and Baby K is an infant (is that the right word?). I don't see any pics of them together and would certainly expect that in the first couple years of their relationship as that is the time you can't keep your hands off one another. This is MOO as nobody knows - purely speculation on my part.

as this case and the SW case proves, the consequences are worse when trying to leave.

I know there are finances, children, loads of disruption and hope for better times.

So pleased you left, with the help of your lovely neighbour.
MOO.

Last edited:
I don't know...
<snipped by me>

But what I have a hard time getting my arms around is the way her life was taken. From the sounds of it the evidence points to her being killed at her place so I assume it is blood. He was a good sized man and although I don't know how often he shooed animals I have always been under the impression that being a farrier is very hard work. It would be so easy for him to just choke her without a mess. But again if there was a bunch of anger there he could have went nonlinear with a knife or something. I think that would be the only way (extreme hate) to kill with such passion as with a knife or such. Or, he could of done the unthinkable and choked/incapacitated her in some way and then dismembered her. It is only a guess as in so many of these cases we just get the crumbs until the end. Then it is easy to put the pieces together.

BBM
That's an awful lot of gruesome words and thoughts that have no basis in reality.

We have to wait for more information to learn the cause of death. Imagining gruesome ways that a man might murder a woman in her own home seems a bit like viewing the murder as a spectator sport.

Police have indicated that she is deceased, and that her murder likely happened in her own home. That's it. We don't know any more and will not know until police reveal that information. We already know the possibilities.

exactly. the fact the PF had the baby and no one else got to see the baby is all you need to know. KB was dead and PF had the baby. goal accomplished. motive clear.

Even if it turns out there is another woman in the picture, it does not change custody being the motive for me; in fact, even more likely, imo. Whatever his plans, he made sure the child was safely ensconced at him house, in his physical custody.

If he didn’t care so much about custody, imo, he could have killed her, or had her killed in what was meant to look like a home invasion, for example, or a kidnapping, and made a call to LE to do a welfare check the same day (knowing the child was not injured) so that the baby would be found quickly. But then he may not have been able to take her right away without a legal battle. All jmo

Wonder if he is thinking “man, I wish I could have a ‘do-over’” yet? I always think the first couple weeks of incarceration to be the hardest.

Mint/Kelly green do nothing for him. IMO

Geeze, if I lived in that county, the colors & wide horizontal stripes of the uniform would have me walking the line.

OT...but my late brother had seven Aussie dogs and he was a big softy...but he had to be firm with that bunch :) They really are their own dogs, and can take charge very quickly if you let them, especially in groups.

Not justifying PF in any way if he really was cruel to horses...just saying, about that particular breed (and use of that word for female dogs, which is completely common, if horrid) it is not unusual to be firm in training imo.

Just, there's a difference between "being firm" and lacking any respect for the animal.

I saw his videos. He didn't seem "firm." I didn't see abuse. But he just seemed kind of like a soulless jerk who knows how to get animals to do certain things through pure force and maybe fear. But who lacks the patience and respect for an animal necessary to training them to work properly and effectively and for the love of the work.

Last edited:
My guess is that he felt as if he was in a pressure cooker between the two women. I should state research facts here, but this is my hunch. Girlfriend wants him to move out and grow up, mom taking care of baby possibly telling him I’m raising your baby here while your girlfriend is where. No facts here just hunch.

Let's not run after some wild idea that PF had a girlfriend while engaged to Kelsey. This idea has been tossed around a bit, but until we know something perhaps we should leave it alone.

At this time, there is no third party to the marriage. There is a possible third person involved in the murder but we don't know who that is, why there were search warrants in Idaho, what evidence was gathered and why there has not been another arrest.

Just, there's a difference between "being firm" and lacking any respect for the animal.

I saw his videos. He didn't seem "firm." I didn't see abuse. But he just seemed kind of like a soulless jerk who knows how to get animals to do certain things through pure forc me and maybe fear. But who lacks the patience and respect for an animal necessary to training them to work properly and effectively and for the love of the work.
Exactly. And if people in his line of work had a problem with how he behaved, then that’s another red flag.

These people know what is normal and what is not, and they thought he crossed a line, atleast as far as horses were concerned.

PF is not a three headed monster. He is just another man who murdered the mother of his young child. He could have committed the murder in many ways, but we don't have any information. Speculation is both pointless and gruesome. It doesn't matter what he did to his dog, his mother, a donkey, or his clients. He is charged with the murder of Kelsey, and nothing that he did prior to the murder gave any indication that he would murder her.

<modsnipped reply to off topic>
MOO.
It is tragic that their committment, something really rare these days, cost them their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce