CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Here are the charges formally filed. They were *not* read aloud in the courtroom. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

DvweEL_UwAEd62e.jpg
Does the order of the charges mean something?

And I can’t imagine the likelihood that he solicited her murder three times then she accidentally died during a robbery? The chances of that are essentially nil imo

If this was staged as a robbery, I’m really afraid of the violence to her body that she likely endured :(
I'm getting the gut feeling it wasn't staged to look like a robbery. This is why her brother could go there and say everything look normal it look fine. I'm starting to think he went there to demand something from her, something that she had. She refused to give it up. In a link on Colorado law that was posted by Seattle1, it could include many things, two of which was kidnapping or sexual assault.

If they set it up as a robbery, what the heck were they supposed to be stealing? The huge diamonds in her safe? (Um no).

And I’m confused if it was a staged robbery, why take her body? This to me indicates PF was in fact the killer and his DNA is on her body. I’d venture she fought back and possibly his DNA is under her fingernails. He had to take her body to get rid of the DNA evidence. IMO.
It's long been reported that KB phone and purse are missing.
No diamonds or staging required here -- we know what is missing.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 1m1 minute ago
Here are the charges formally filed. They were *not* read aloud in the courtroom. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

DvweEL_UwAEd62e.jpg

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 53s53 seconds ago
Defense motions to preserve law enforcement communication (emails & texts) and to limit pre-trial publicity (prevent press conferences, tweets & interviews) were both denied. Written orders to come later today @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Shannon Brinias on Twitter
Shannon Brinias‏ @ShannonBrinias 3m3 minutes ago
Next hearing set for this Friday so judge can rule on a DNA testing motion & unsealing arrest affidavit in #PatrickFrazee case. #KelseyBerreth #WoodlandParkMurder

DvweAvhUcAMYAW3.jpg

0 replies0 retweets1 like
So according to these charges, the Sept 1, 2018 was NOT a clerical error. Also the charge of robbery or attempted robbery... could that be because her purse & phone were taken?

Kelsey Berreth’s fiancé Patrick Frazee formally charged with murder
The charges indicate that authorities believe Frazee conspired with at least one other person to kill Berreth. The multiple solicitation charges suggest he engaged someone or multiple people to kill Berreth on three occasions.

Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young has said investigators recovered enough evidence at Berreth’s home to convince them that is where she was killed.

Court records indicate she was killed on Thanksgiving Day, but the arrest affidavit is sealed and few details are available about the evidence pointing to murder.

Although Berreth’s cellular phone was discovered in southern Idaho, authorities have indicated someone other than her took it out of state.

The murder solicitation charge means that someone else was involved in the crime but so far Frazee has been the only one who has been charged. To be charged with solicitation, the suspect did more than just ask someone to commit a murder on their behalf, Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May has said.

Sam Kraemer

May says that’s in line with their theories. The felony first degree murder charge suggests Frazee, either alone or with help, committed robbery & somehow in the course of that, Kelsey Berreth was murdered. It’s tough to say without all the evidence.

I'm getting the gut feeling it wasn't staged to look like a robbery. This is why her brother could go there and say everything look normal it look fine. I'm starting to think he went there to demand something from her, something that she had. She refused to give it up. In a link on Colorado law that was posted by Seattle1, it could include many things, two of which was kidnapping or sexual assault.
Well, he may have demanded that she hand over the baby. But that wouldn't mean he didn't plan on killing her.
What are you referring to when you say, "it can include many things?"

Does the order of the charges mean something?

And I can’t imagine the likelihood that he solicited her murder three times then she accidentally died during a robbery? The chances of that are essentially nil imo

That's exactly how I feel! I could see that robbery or assault was part of the "plan" but I can't see it as being the primary intent if the solicitation charges are true. He asks others to help him murder her and then says screw it, just rob her place and she "accidently" is murdered during that robbery? No way. JMO

Here’s my guess: one of the people solicited is talking and says this was planned as a robbery but went wrong and Kelsey died in the process hence the felony murder charge. The DA may not fully believe that story and believes it was a planned murder and the accomplice is just covering it up hence the first degree charge. Just MOO.

I don’t think we should give too much weight to the brother’s statement that nothing seemed out of place or missing in her house. I live about 1.5 hours from my closest family member and can bet none of them would be able to tell you what is or is not missing from my home, save for something like my phone or my pets or obvious large pieces of furniture. They have no idea what purse or coat I use on a daily basis or any items I own and I don’t know how they could be expected to, short of seeing me every day.

It isn't necessarily robbery that is the primary crime for the first degree felony murder charge. Since he did end up with Baby K in his possession and he is not the legally recognized (meaning Colorado gives no 'rights' to biological fathers who are not married to the mothers at the time a child is born) father of the baby, kidnapping could be the primary crime. Also, since KB's brother (who probably has never even been in her townhouse) claimed that nothing was amiss or missing, robbery seems unlikely because there is no currently disclosed evidence to support it (in the court of public opinion).

Edit: Responding to last comment in my post - there is now. Details forthcoming...

The following is MOO:

I keep hearing about a potential robbery but I haven’t seen anything except (questionable) reporting by MSM to support that. Am I missing something? Here’s an alternate theory: KB was taken someplace else (kidnapped) and killed. Nothing was visually out of place in her home. LE could have extracted wallboard or carpet, etc. with questionable stains or whatever for testing that was negative. But it’s possible that the search that resulted in LE believing she was no longer alive is related to other evidence entirely. Maybe they found a diary entry or something on her computer that showed she feared for her life. Or a letter pointing to PF if she ever went missing. Since there is no body (yet), and they appear to have evidence of solicitation, I think they are covering all bases until the investigation and analysis reveals more.

Again, this is just MOO...

Lance Benzel on Twitter
As to consumptive testing planned by DA, it's hard to say what evidence is. Only that it's so small testing will destroy it. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth #Frazee

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Local defense attorney Phil Dubois -- who's not involved in this case -- says it could be drop of blood, hair follicle or skin oil. @csgazette #Frazee #KelseyBerreth

You shared a link a few pages back with me that said: Felony murder is murder that occurs during the commission of another crime (robbery, kidnapping, etc.), with the other crime being the primary intention and murder happening as a secondary result.

So unless his intent was to go there and get the baby and he just happened to murder Kelsey in the process, it doesn't fit the felony murder charge. The taking of her phone and purse doesn't fit either unless he went there to steal it and he killed her in the process of taking it. The taking of the baby and the purse/phone seems to be the secondary crime here, not the primary. The primary crime would be the murder. JMO Even the solicitation supports that the murder would be the primary crime and it was premeditated.

I agree. I think her phone was more the act of a cover up than the targets of a robbery.

That said, my mind is spinning with new possibilities but I’m too wound up to make much sense of all this right now.

It's long been reported that KB phone and purse are missing.
No diamonds or staging required here -- we know what is missing.
I was referring to PF’s initial “planning” of the robbery. Trying to get insight into what he may have told his accomplices they were going to be taking from KB. I don’t think the purse and phone were the initial plan.

Lance Benzel

Dubois -- speaking generally -- offered two theories about solicitation counts. One possibility is authorities believe #Frazee tried three times to have #KelseyBerreth killed, either asking three different people or one person three times.
@csgazette
Lance Benzel
Other theory is #Frazee could be accused of trying to kill three people. You don't need a completed murder to have solicitation charge, observer Dubois said. Won't know which theory is correct till docs are released. #KelseyBerreth
@csgazette

We still have so many unanswered questions in this case. We don’t know who the accomplice is. I wonder if that person is complying with the DA for a lesser charge? It’s strange that her brother stated several times that NOTHING but her purse and phone was missing. They didn’t mention it looked as if a robbery with a struggle had taken place.
I agree it's strange. I don't like to discuss the specific gruesome details, but maybe they did have blood evidence to cover up. That could explain the 'texts' because PF needed more time than anticipated.

The dump at WM he made likely had something that pointed back to Kelseys townhome IMO.

Poor Kelsey, I am physically sick to my stomach right now. And where was baby K during this time?

I knew there was something evil and wrong about him. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members